Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-10, 04:22 PM   #1
himespau 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
himespau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Bikes:
Posts: 9,584
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Aaargh!!!

My new handlebars and stem and quilled to threadless adapter and shifter cables are all sitting at my house (or so FedEx tells me so that I can finally redo my brakes and get my bike up and running (saving the derailleur cable update for a later time), and of course I have to work late tonight and tomorrow night and most of the weekend.

I mean having a job is better than the alternative, but sometimes it really blows.
himespau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 04:23 PM   #2
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by himespau View Post
My new handlebars and stem and quilled to threadless adapter and shifter cables are all sitting at my house (or so FedEx tells me so that I can finally redo my brakes and get my bike up and running (saving the derailleur cable update for a later time), and of course I have to work late tonight and tomorrow night and most of the weekend.

I mean having a job is better than the alternative, but sometimes it really blows.
Some jobs more than others. So what exactly is it that you do that keeps you out late at night and on weekends and that blows?
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 04:25 PM   #3
himespau 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
himespau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Bikes:
Posts: 9,584
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I'm a microbiologist. And a postdoc, which is just about the lowest you can go on the food chain as far as research scientists. Science has no start and stop time and we're salaried so we don't get overtime.
himespau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 04:27 PM   #4
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
wow, much tamer than the things my imagination had you doing..............
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 08:40 PM   #5
JonnyHK 
Senior Member
 
JonnyHK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London
Bikes: Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Homemade Bamboo!
Posts: 2,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
wow, much tamer than the things my imagination had you doing..............
Plenty of scary stuff can be done under the title of microbiology - don't give up hope just yet!
JonnyHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.