Itís time to grab the crayons and express yourself while supporting the fight against childhood cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
The seventh annual Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign begins this week at more than 1,500 Chili'sģ Grill & Bar locations across the country and in Puerto Rico. During the month-long campaign, which coincides with National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, guests at Chili's locations can contribute to the lifesaving work of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in a variety of ways:
* Make a donation to St. Jude and receive a Create-A-Pepper chili pepper coloring sheet. The decorated sheets are displayed in participating restaurants throughout September.
* Use a mobile phone to text HOPE to 90999 to make a $5 donation (Visit Chili's Create a Pepper for more details)
* Purchase a Create-A-Pepper customizable T-shirt or key.
* Buy a packet of Create-A-Pepper wrist bands. The flexible rubber bracelets are in the shape of a chili pepper.
* Dine at Chili's on The Big Day - Monday, September 27. On that day, Chiliís will donate all profits from participating restaurant sales to St. Jude.
* Go to Chili's Create a Pepper to make an online donation or to create a pepper to post to your Facebook wall to show your support for St. Jude.
* Become a fan and donate on Facebook through the specialized Create-A-Pepper tab on Chili's Facebook page or create your own e-card at Chili's Create a Pepper to e-mail friends and family.
"Each year since the 2003 inception of the Create-A-Pepper campaign, Chili's team members search for new ways to raise awareness and funds for St. Jude," said Wyman Roberts, president of Chili's Grill & Bar. "This year, with the addition of digital donation components, we've found yet another unique and interactive way to give back to St. Jude."
"Chili's Create-A-Pepper campaign has raised millions of dollars for childhood cancer research, and we are so thankful to have such generous and passionate partners in our mission," said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., chief executive officer of ALSAC, the fundraising organization of St. Jude. "We are grateful for the amazing support from Chili's guests. Their contributions help St. Jude provide care and find cures for our patients and their families."
Chili's has been a national corporate partner with St. Jude since 2004. Chili's has committed to raise $50 million in 10 years to help fund construction of the Chili's Care Center at St. Jude. This seven-floor, 340,000-square foot facility, which opened in November 2007, combines 21st century imaging and treatment technology with St. Jude's proven approach to medical research of putting patients and scientists in the same building to fast-track the translation of new knowledge into better care for children around the world.
To date, Chili's has raised more than $30 million. Once completed, the donation will be the largest donation from a single partner campaign in St. Jude history.
So show your support for St. Jude by creating your pepper today and help children in the fight against cancer.