Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Vision R40, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    'Rose Bowl only on ESPN' rant

    That makes sense. Perhaps the second biggest annual sporting draw in the US. Ignore the over-the-air viewers. We don't spend money. Well done BCS/Disney
    Time for my meds

    nor will Orange or Sugar Bowls
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Walt-Disney-...merican-Public
    Last edited by skijor; 12-30-10 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added linky

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like "The American Business Model 101".

  3. #3
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Say what?
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  4. #4
    Addicted to Pavement sickmtbnutcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SE WI
    My Bikes
    '99 DBR X2, '98 DB Response, '84 Raleigh Marathon, '80 Raleigh Reliant (fixed/single)
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that sucks. We went OTA-only not long ago and these kinds of things suck. Don't miss the huge dish bill though.

  5. #5
    Surf Bum
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacifica, CA
    My Bikes
    Vintage Trek, Vintage Diamond Back Mountain Bike, Bianchi Axis CrossBike
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijor View Post
    That makes sense. Perhaps the second biggest annual sporting draw in the US. Ignore the over-the-air viewers. We don't spend money. Well done BCS/Disney
    Time for my meds

    How anyone could be a sports fan and not already have become an espn customer at some point over the last 30 years is beyond me but, trust me, they aren't ignoring you. They are trying to get you to become customers. The way they do that is to pay to have some good content on their station.
    Want to buy: 56mm-58mm Ritchey road frame

  6. #6
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickmtbnutcase View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. We went OTA-only not long ago and these kinds of things suck. Don't miss the huge dish bill though.
    Check out epsn3.com since we went OTA most of the games I watch are online.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim View Post
    How anyone could be a sports fan and not already have become an espn customer at some point over the last 30 years is beyond me but, trust me, they aren't ignoring you. They are trying to get you to become customers. The way they do that is to pay to have some good content on their station.
    I don't know about where you live but here you can't just call up the cable system and say I'll take just ESPN.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  8. #8
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Vision R40, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickmtbnutcase View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. We went OTA-only not long ago and these kinds of things suck. Don't miss the huge dish bill though.
    Same here. I had dish for 8 years. Dumped it due to the job situation/economy. Except for unique cases like this, I don't miss it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ScottStr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    My Bikes
    Windsor Wellington 3.0
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I have a friend with free cable.

  10. #10
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Vision R40, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    Check out epsn3.com since we went OTA most of the games I watch are online.
    Thanks, they list it @5pm EST. I'd watch it online if it's on espn3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •