The way I see it, getting the laundry done have several parts. Some are more tedious than others. On a scale of 1 to 10, this is how I rate them:
A. Picking up / Gathering dirty clothes from around the house --> 2 degrees of tediousness.
B. Putting dirty clothes in washing maching --> 1 degree of tediousness.
C. Moving wet clothes from washer to dryer --> 2 degrees of tediousness.
D. Putting clothes in hangers --> 10 degrees of tediousness.
By this scale, lets examine what happens if you have 2 loads of dirty laundry and you don't want to do it all, you just wanna help a little to win some points (degrees of tediousness == points when done).
Case 1 - You wash and dry all dirty clothes...
- Gathering -> 2 point x 2 loads = 4 points.
- Washing -> 1 points x 2 loads = 2 points.
- Drying -> 2 points x 2 loads = 4 points.
You ended up with a total of 12 points for your half-done job.
Case 2 - You do only one load but you do it all the way.
- Gathering -> 2 points x 1 load = 2 points.
- Washing -> 1 point x 1 load = 1 point.
- Drying -> 2 points x 1 load = 2 points.
- Hanging -> 10 points x 1 load = 10 points.
You ended up with a total of 15 points for your half done job.
Now, we need to keep in mind that messing up the house does have negative point consequences. Depending on where you leave the clothes that are clean but not hanged, you will have points subtracted from your total because you are messing up the place. I think we need another scale for that but I'm unsure on the amount of points that should be assigned to each infraction. Possible sub-divisions of the leaving-clean-clothes-around penalty could be:
- The couch --> Now you can't sit on it until somebody else finishes your half-done job.
- The kitchen table -> Now you are blocking it and it can't be used until somebody else finishes your half-done job.
- The bed -> Now people can't lay on it until somebody else finishes your half-done job.
- The Laundry room -> Especially if you leave the clothes inside the dryer you slacker!
Foo Assignment #1 -> Assign points to the leaving-clean-clothes-around penalties.
Foo Assignment #2 -> Revise laundry job tediousness scale and suggest changes if any.
Foo Assignment #3 -> Contribute to the foofication of this thread.