Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-11, 08:26 PM   #1
opie
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bikes: 2012 Venge, 2011 Transition, Surly Troll
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tough Mudder Georgia

Did it today .. don't know if anyone else is planning on it or did it

http://www.toughmudder.com/

that was one of the hardest things I've ever done .. Wowzz.. My ride tomorrow will be postponed I guarantee it

And I run 25 miles a week .. Not like I'm a light runner but the elevation changes, mud, obstacles were extremely taxing
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 08:48 PM   #2
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow!! Flashbacks of ropes course training, police academy and martial arts in the water and sand.- ALL COMBINED!!!! That looks invigorating! WOO HOO!! Tell us more about how you did! Any pics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 08:54 PM   #3
opie
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bikes: 2012 Venge, 2011 Transition, Surly Troll
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when I get the pics I'll get em up.. details

14+ miles
18+ obstacles including walls, mud pits, cargo ropes, A-Frame monkey bars, swimming in ice cold water, electric shock and 7 miles of single track where the elevation changes were killer
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 09:15 PM   #4
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
14 miles?? Holy smokes! So I'm guessing you completed it? Congrats to you! I can't wait for the pics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 10:06 PM   #5
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
Posts: 4,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
when I get the pics I'll get em up.. details

14+ miles
18+ obstacles including walls, mud pits, cargo ropes, A-Frame monkey bars, swimming in ice cold water, electric shock and 7 miles of single track where the elevation changes were killer
Electric shock? what the heck.
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 01:09 AM   #6
opie
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bikes: 2012 Venge, 2011 Transition, Surly Troll
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
14 miles?? Holy smokes! So I'm guessing you completed it? Congrats to you! I can't wait for the pics.
Yup.. 14 miles and I completed. Anyone who could run the whole time I'd like to meet.. that's one BA dude (or dudette). I didn't eat enough, I know that much and wished like heck I had clif bars or somethign with me. I ran out of juice but finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
Electric shock? what the heck.
Ya. called "electoshock therapy". They did it to us after a 40 yard swim in pretty much ice water. These wires dangled from a gazebo like thing and you had to run through it. They all weren't hot it seemed but they'd pulse and hit like a ton of bricks. Make your knees buckle. Different people had different experiences with it but I did see it take some big dudes down
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 09:00 AM   #7
skijor 
on by
 
skijor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They was giving you ten thousand watts a day, you know, and you're hot to trot! The next woman takes you on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!
skijor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 09:27 AM   #8
fordmanvt
Refrigerator Raider Hater
 
fordmanvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Barre, VT
Bikes: 2008 Sequoia
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tough Mudder says it is "probably the toughest event on the planet".

not really.
http://www.youmaydie.com/
fordmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 11:00 AM   #9
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee
 
TexasGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West West Fort Worth
Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
Posts: 4,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Ya. called "electoshock therapy". They did it to us after a 40 yard swim in pretty much ice water. These wires dangled from a gazebo like thing and you had to run through it. They all weren't hot it seemed but they'd pulse and hit like a ton of bricks. Make your knees buckle. Different people had different experiences with it but I did see it take some big dudes down
I'd also like to see the lawsuits that could stem from that. Shocking yourself is really not something that you should be doing, ever. There's a reason why there are warnings to go see a doctor after any big shock.
__________________
Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
"Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
So many sayings, so little sig space.
TexasGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 AM.