Oh, brain trust of BF, answer me a home improvement question.
Long story short:
- Baby (10 mos at the time) locks sitter out of house.
- Sitter does not know about hide-a-key, cannot reach Mrs. A, and did not have my number.
- Sitter calls 911.
- Fire Department breaks door frame to get in.
- Baby played with shoes in laundry room the whole time and was OK, but scared of the firefighters.
- Fire Department is nice enough to nail door frame back together while they're there.
- Repair is obviously temporary. It's been three months.
It's a pre-hung door, so the frame and door were just plonked into the frame of the house as a unit. So am I stuck pulling the whole door/frame unit out and replacing everything, or can I just replace the one side of the frame that the FD broke?
I didn't see anything conclusive on Google, so I thought I would come to y'all.