Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69

Thread: REI members ~

  1. #51
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,755
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $18.56

    Apparently Smartwool stuff does not count toward the dividend, for some odd reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  2. #52
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr IGH View Post
    I love the REI in Schaumburg. All the staff is nice and helpful without any pushy salesman crap. When you're a member, they never question returned merchandise, everything is on file, no receipt needed.
    I love REI. The one near me has the best employees. The next closest one.... Well....maybe they need more training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  3. #53
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    $18.56

    Apparently Smartwool stuff does not count toward the dividend, for some odd reason.
    I used to wear wool sweaters during the 80s in college, because crew neck sweaters and prep were popular then, and couldn't figure out why my nose was runny and stuffed all the time. Turns out that I'm allergic to wool... including smart wool

  4. #54
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    I love REI. The one near me has the best employees. The next closest one.... Well....maybe they need more training.
    I've been impressed with the employees at all 3 of the REIs here in Sacramento. I love REI to the point that when I look at possible new jobs involving relocation, I'm not sure I want to go somewhere that doesn't have REI...

  5. #55
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am excited we are getting an REI and I will be able to order stuff online and go pick it up; definitely a better deal to pay for shipping than schlep up the freeway to Tacoma

    On the other hand, store-wise, the Tacoma one is a far cry from the Seattle one (but they all are), and I suspect ours will be a far cry from the Tacoma one

  6. #56
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    3,934
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $1.80, and I don't even remember what I bought.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ended up getting a swim cap and goggles.

  8. #58
    Fat man in a little coat nixternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago NW Burbs
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.3 FX, Trek 1.2T
    Posts
    953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $5 :/ 2 years ago it was over $1,000. And the only reason it was $5, is because in 2009, I didn't spend all of the previous dividend. I don't think I have been back and bought anything at REI since. Now, through my club and shop, I get really good deals. And on my way to REI, there is a Performance Bike. Location! Location! Location!

  9. #59
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,755
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to my local REI yesterday with my $18 dividend and 20% off coupon hoping to buy a new heart rate monitor. The store was packed. The heart monitors were locked behind a cabinet across from the cashiers. One of the cashiers called for assistance several times. No one came to help me and another lady standing there, we waited over 10 minutes. They were also calling for backup cashiers and no one showed up to help.

    I decided to leave and as I went to put back an item I had decided not to buy, I passed the kiddie rock climbing wall. There was one little kid climbing it who had been climbing it when I walked by 20 minutes earlier. So the store decides that having an employee man the kiddie rock wall for a single kid is more important than taking care of customers waiting to check out. Maybe I'll just order stuff online from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  10. #60
    Senior Member michael k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portland,Or
    Posts
    972
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $17.84, + the 20% may get some racks for the Nissan SE-R.

  11. #61
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    I decided to leave and as I went to put back an item I had decided not to buy, I passed the kiddie rock climbing wall. There was one little kid climbing it who had been climbing it when I walked by 20 minutes earlier. So the store decides that having an employee man the kiddie rock wall for a single kid is more important than taking care of customers waiting to check out. Maybe I'll just order stuff online from now on.

    The BF Risk Manager points out that for liability and insurance reasons, an employee has to be there at all times when the climbing wall is being used.

    I usually order online myself, even though there is a nice REI about seven miles from me. But when I go there, at least half the time, the item I want is out of stock. Easier to order it online, pick it up at the store and see if there might be anything else I want. That way, at least I will get something out of the store visit.

    PS: Especially now that the very nice and large Borders bookstore at the same mall will be closing. Whenever I couldn't find something at REI, I would stop at Borders to browse a bit.
    Last edited by MillCreek; 03-28-11 at 01:21 PM.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  12. #62
    Senior Member DGozinya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $190.20 It's like Xmas in April.

  13. #63
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,755
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    The APS Risk Manager points out that for liability and insurance reasons, an employee has to be there at all times when the climbing wall is being used.

    I usually order online myself, even though there is a nice REI about seven miles from me. But when I go there, at least half the time, the item I want is out of stock. Easier to order it online, pick it up at the store and see if there might be anything else I want. That way, at least I will get something out of the store visit.
    The kiddie rock wall is cordoned off when an employee isn't manning it. I don't know why they didn't shut it down when the store was so busy.

    I'll probably do the same as you and order online for store pickup.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  14. #64
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that it takes a few days to order-online-for-pickup whether or not the item is already in stock at the actual store itself.

  15. #65
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    I have noticed that it takes a few days to order-online-for-pickup whether or not the item is already in stock at the actual store itself.
    That is because on the West Coast, all online and phone orders are processed and shipped from the distribution center in Sumner, WA. Someone at the local store does not fill these orders using store inventory. I have had several friends who worked at the distribution center. Half-a-million square feet, and it is just huge with hundreds of workers on three shifts.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  16. #66
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    That is because on the West Coast, all online and phone orders are processed and shipped from the distribution center in Sumner, WA. Someone at the local store does not fill these orders using store inventory. I have had several friends who worked at the distribution center. Half-a-million square feet, and it is just huge with hundreds of workers on three shifts.
    Wow cool. I had a friend who worked at LL Bean's version of that in Maine.

  17. #67
    Not safe for work cyclokitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    KHS Town and Country 100 & Jamis Durango Femme 1.0
    Posts
    2,079
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero. Everything I ordered from REI last year was on sale so no divi for me. If I can bring in some money in the next week, then I can use my coupon to buy a new bike computer.


  18. #68
    Double Naught Spy TrekDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2010 Scott CR1 Comp, 2013 Scott Scale 960 MTB
    Posts
    1,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reminder! Just found out I have $10.49, which was more than I thought it would have been.

  19. #69
    Sore saddle cyclist Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Posts
    3,760
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dividend is $107, looks like I'll be able to buy some nice shoes and socks! A good portion of the dividend was from using my REI Visa card, not bad.
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •