Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bizarre question about smartphones and projectors...

    I need to start doing visual presentations for work. I would like to avoid putting together a flip chart and use powerpoint.

    I'm interested in hooking up my smartphone (Droid X) to a projector. Why? Because by the time I have the visual presentation ready, I'll have a laptop as well. I like redundancy, and want to have a backup (plus, I'd be able to do it on the fly without hauling my laptop around in the Arizona summer).

    So, does anyone know of a way to hook up my phone to a projector (bluetooth, hdmi, etc.), have a projector recommendation, or know of a forum or community where they could help me? I've asked on the android forums and they haven't had a single damn thing.

    Thanks!
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  2. #2
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,707
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they make them for the iPhone and this will let you connect a blackberry to a projector.

    And google up small projector. I know they make projectors you can dock an iPod/phone to.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Caspar_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    My Bikes
    Giant Tcx1
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hdmi out - but it only works in Gallery mode, so you'd have to make your presentation as images or video.
    Youtube - Droid X HDMI Output Demo

  4. #4
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of apps to make a phone control a laptop going through a projector, but I don't know about sending a ppt from the phone to the projector. No reason they shouldn't be out there. It seems like the biggest barrier would be operating the ppt file on the phone. I wonder if there is an android app that can play pps files.
    Last edited by HardyWeinberg; 03-26-11 at 12:35 PM.

  5. #5
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspar_s View Post
    Hdmi out - but it only works in Gallery mode, so you'd have to make your presentation as images or video.
    Youtube - Droid X HDMI Output Demo
    I'm going to grab a micro HDMI cable this week and test a couple things out on my monitor from my phone. I might be able to show powerpoint files from office for android...might.

    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    There are a lot of apps to make a phone control a laptop going through a projector, but I don't know about sending a ppt from the phone to the projector. No reason they shouldn't be out there. It seems like the biggest barrier would be operating the ppt file on the phone. I wonder if there is an android app that can play pps files.
    I'm pretty sure there's an office app that does that. I think I actually have it.
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •