Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Spry stole my flag!

    He put a circle over my star, put more stars around it and cut away the right side... he thought I would never spot it, but I did.

    Gimme back mah flag!

    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  2. #2
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be called a pennant flag of Ohio.
    This is the flag American troops carried up San Juan hill in 1901 when the Irish attacked Puerto Rico.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    That would be called a pennant flag of Ohio.
    This is the flag American troops carried up San Juan hill in 1901 when the Irish attacked Puerto Rico.
    I say we invade Ohio, kick some Ohio's 4th Infantry butt (starting with the descendants of Alfonzo B. CoiT) and get our flag back!
    Last edited by RubenX; 06-13-11 at 11:10 PM.
    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    2007 Schwinn Voyageur, 1974 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
    I say we invade Ohio, kick some Ohio's 4th Infantry butt (starting with the descendants of Alfonzo B. CoiT) and get our flag back!
    yeah, but isn't 90% of your population 75+ and from Ohio in the first place? They say Florida is a Northern state.

  5. #5
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sathor View Post
    yeah, but isn't 90% of your population 75+ and from Ohio in the first place? They say Florida is a Northern state.
    Gods waiting room.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #6
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can recruit kissimmee.
    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  7. #7
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody here wants to kissiyyou, Ruben. Blechh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  8. #8
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,743
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I thought we decided Ohio doesn't exist. How can you invade a place that doesn't exist?!
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  9. #9
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Nobody here wants to kissiyyou, Ruben. Blechh!
    Keep fighting the desire Siu but there appears to be many women who were captivated by his spell down there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #10
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenaugust View Post
    Hey, I thought we decided Ohio doesn't exist. How can you invade a place that doesn't exist?!
    Stop drinking that crap and get a beer for Gods sake.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,743
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Stop drinking that stuff and get a beer for Gods sake.
    I am pretty sure that beer would be even worse for me than YooHoo. Anyways, don't you have a one-man Puerto Rican Repopulation Invasion to fend off right now?
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  12. #12
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenaugust View Post
    I am pretty sure that beer would be even worse for me than YooHoo. Anyways, don't you have a one-man Puerto Rican Repopulation Invasion to fend off right now?
    He only wants to pro-create and over populate Florida and from what I see it needs some youth.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  13. #13
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,743
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do have a point there. I welcome your new, young Puerto Rican masters.
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  14. #14
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Stop drinking that crap and get a beer for Gods sake.
    Pabst Blue Ribbon I guess... according to my intel reports:

    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  15. #15
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... and I think I've found some potential allies:

    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  16. #16
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Keep fighting the desire Siu but there appears to be many women who were captivated by his spell down there.
    Oh you did NOT just go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  17. #17
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Oh you did NOT just go there.
    Hey!
    down there=Florida
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  18. #18
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rube,aside from the horizontal Tango,what is your favorite sport?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  19. #19
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    flag football?
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  20. #20
    Curmudgeon in Training 20grit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural Retreat, VA
    My Bikes
    1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 2010 Cannondale Trail SL, 1988 Peugeot Nice, 1992ish Stumpjumper Comp,1990's Schwinn Moab
    Posts
    1,937
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sathor View Post
    yeah, but isn't 90% of your population 75+ and from Ohio in the first place? They say Florida is a Northern state.
    But quite a few of the original settlements in Ohio were started by Virginians. So then Virginia can claim both Ohio and Florida.

  21. #21
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,051
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
    I say we invade Ohio, kick some Ohio's 4th Infantry butt (starting with the descendants of Alfonzo B. CoiT) and get our flag back!
    You know you'll eventually have to deal with Chip, don't you?

  22. #22
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Rube,aside from the horizontal Tango,what is your favorite sport?
    Cycling, duh

    Quote Originally Posted by 20grit View Post
    But quite a few of the original settlements in Ohio were started by Virginians. So then Virginia can claim both Ohio and Florida.
    That's fine, I just want my flag back. Virginians can ally with us and get most of Ohio's territory to plant more tobacco. The Toledo strip goes to Michigan tho, they wanted that for a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
    You know you'll eventually have to deal with Chip, don't you?
    That's fine, I have a howitzer. I can take chip from a distance.
    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  23. #23
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,743
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is possible that Chip would switch to the Puerto Rican side.
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  24. #24
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruben,you mentioned previously that because of some silly government clerical error that returning to Puerto Rico is not possible at this time.
    Create your own tropical flag,use a banana with 2 grapes with a white background,and call your area "Rubenation".
    During the winter months I could serve as your ambassador at large.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  25. #25
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Ruben,you mentioned previously that because of some silly government clerical error that returning to Puerto Rico is not possible at this time.
    Create your own tropical flag,use a banana with 2 grapes with a white background,and call your area "Rubenation".
    During the winter months I could serve as your ambassador at large.
    Rube likey this diplomatic route. Ohio is too cold anyways, Michigan still sucks and Virginia causes lung cancer. We would have to make a few changes tho. The banana can cause people to mistake Rubenation with a GAP store (bananarepublic). A giant Yuca would be more suiting. And since Rube is exiled in Florida, lets replace the grapes with oranges and we have a deal.
    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •