Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Pro Cycling Versus NHL Hockey

    How fitting that the two sports that nobody could give a fark about in the US are back to back on the same pathetic cable channel.

    Hey, at least it's High Def Utter Fail.

  2. #2
    iab
    iab is offline
    Senior Member iab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NW Burbs, Chicago
    Posts
    7,304
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    September 9, 10 and 11. Cubs vs. Mets on WGN. Enjoy and you're welcome.

  3. #3
    White Bags + Red eggs Gorden Gekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Goshen NY
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the two best sports on the planet.Hockey is a sport of real athletes, unlike baseball and football which is full of Fatso's . I would be amazed if most fat MLB pitchers can run over 2 miles

  4. #4
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorden Gekko View Post
    I would be amazed if most fat MLB pitchers can run over 2 miles
    Most fat MLB pitchers could afford to pay the fastest milers in the world to run the 2 miles for them.

  5. #5
    Live to ride ride to live Carbon Unit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    My Bikes
    Calfee Tetra Pro
    Posts
    4,813
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought people only went to hockey games to see the fights. Just like some watch the Tour De France for the freak show performance put on by the fans.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Crimsonghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hockey was worth watching until the sharks got knocked out of the playoffs.

  7. #7
    Stand and Deliver FLvector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R1000, Giant TCR Advanced, Giant TCR Advanced SL
    Posts
    1,670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could watch the Golf Channel. How exciting.

  8. #8
    VFL For Life Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,433
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some of the finals games were on NBC. Best hockey ratings in several years.

  9. #9
    VFL For Life Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    20,433
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    According to a tweet I read, over 50% of Canada watched game seven, while 2.8% of the U.S. did.

  10. #10
    Member Louutah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Utah
    My Bikes
    Giant
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF?? Pcad...sorry man but you are way off base. Football lockout? players do not want to play 18 games?? they do know that hockey players play 82, right? often times 3-4 games in a week with travel etc.....the football pansy league wants to take out the high hits etc etc....
    In my opinion, you are getting paid 7 million a year to go across the middle, catch the ball and get hit so hard your helmet comes off. If you do not want to do that, then find something else to do for a living, because there are 40 guys lined up behind you that will do it for less money.

  11. #11
    en fuego ILUVUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 3.1
    Posts
    2,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget all that bull riding.

  12. #12
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Foo.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  13. #13
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louutah View Post
    WTF?? Pcad...sorry man but you are way off base. Football lockout? players do not want to play 18 games?? they do know that hockey players play 82, right? often times 3-4 games in a week with travel etc.....the football pansy league wants to take out the high hits etc etc....
    In my opinion, you are getting paid 7 million a year to go across the middle, catch the ball and get hit so hard your helmet comes off. If you do not want to do that, then find something else to do for a living, because there are 40 guys lined up behind you that will do it for less money.
    I can't really imagine that football is as physically demanding as hockey either.

    Hockey is awesome, it's nonstop like soccer but faster, and stuff happens. No stopping to catch your breath after each play or fouling to stop the clock like nfl/nba. Action action action.

    Oh; and the best part:

    Last edited by HardyWeinberg; 06-17-11 at 10:22 PM.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    people's republic of eugene oregon
    Posts
    744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what would it take for european cycling fans to riot like those hosers did in vancouver?


  15. #15
    No, not really. Mr. Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5, ~2006 Specialized Sequoia, 1999 Specialized Rockhopper
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I love watching hockey and cycling on Versus. So if everybody else in the U.S. watches less, that just means that there's more left over for me right? My piece of the pie gets bigger! Yes, it must.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play hockey in the winter and a lot of guys on my team cycle in the Spring / Summer. I just started cycling and quickly becoming addicted. So yes, my 2 favorite sports now are hockey and cycling...and I watch it every chance I get...but I'm also in Canada so coverage is limited for cycling

  17. #17
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,206
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being that I travel all over the US fairly regularly, I can only suggest there are no fans of pro cycling or the NHL in the vicinity of Mt. Doom.

    There are fans of both all over, just not enough to compete economically with re-runs of Will and Grace or Two and a Half Men.

  18. #18
    Honest Is My First Name Honest Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    T-Dot
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    According to a tweet I read, over 50% of Canada watched game seven, while 2.8% of the U.S. did.
    I don't doubt this in the slightest. When you get 30 million people living together in a semi-permafrost wasteland, what do you expect them to do to entertain themselves? Hockey was the answer for Canada.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #19
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is this foo?

  20. #20
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    Some of the finals games were on NBC. Best hockey ratings in several years.
    Funny how he missed that.
    Must be the meds,combined with the high altitude of Mt.Doom.

    I did offer to PM the hockey scores while he was in the hospital sanitarium last week.
    Last edited by spry; 06-18-11 at 02:34 PM. Reason: piss poor spelling
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  21. #21
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Canadian View Post
    I don't doubt this in the slightest. When you get 30 million people living together in a semi-permafrost wasteland, what do you expect them to do to entertain themselves? Hockey was the answer for Canada.
    You're more brutal to the Frosties than I am.
    97% hug our border cause they love me.They only go north if they are being punished for some infraction.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  22. #22
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanton007 View Post
    I play hockey in the winter and a lot of guys on my team cycle in the Spring / Summer. I just started cycling and quickly becoming addicted. So yes, my 2 favorite sports now are hockey and cycling...and I watch it every chance I get...but I'm also in Canada so coverage is limited for cycling
    If you noticed there is a lot of hockey-hosers and cyclists around here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  23. #23
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    I can't really imagine that football is as physically demanding as hockey either.

    Hockey is awesome, it's nonstop like soccer but faster, and stuff happens. No stopping to catch your breath after each play or fouling to stop the clock like nfl/nba. Action action action.

    Oh; and the best part:

    I don't know if I would call the cherry-picker Sudin twins or Lou,Lou,Lou (fast action) in the last game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  24. #24
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,206
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    If you noticed there is a lot of hockey-hosers and cyclists around here.
    I question the cycling aspect of your claim. Lots talk about it but as the chinese proverb says "talk don't cook rice".

  25. #25
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! What's the big idea?You and that other guy started a Vancouver beer brawl and killed the Stanley Cup Thread.I'll be up there this summer and deliver a personal reprimand and suggest Bettman take you off the preferred fan list.

    Now as an all time low we now have a "Pcad Stanley Cup thread".He compares hockey to toothpick arm guys riding $10,000 rolling billboards with naked dudes in antlers running along side them.This is what we have to look forward to next.

    When you asked about me yesterday I was out cycling my nutz off along the better side of Lake Erie and you were in here yamming.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •