What's your DROID?
What's your favorite apps?
What you love or hate about it?
Got an LG Optimus MS690, the M version (MetroPCS) few weeks ago. The mobile data, as expected with MetroPCS, kinda sucks. It's not even 3G (tho the phone is 3G capable), is CDMA (1X?) which is rather slow with download speeds of around 61-120 Kbps. But if there's nothing else, it does the job.
It has Wifi, when at home or at work it enjoys the full bandwidth of the local network which is rather cool. I find myself using it more like a mini-tablet than a phone. I love browsing news, read/send emails, watch ted talks and movies/videos/pictures.
It has a 3 megapixel camera that's pretty decent. I'm using it more than my 10 megapixel real camera. Specially when the photo being taken is for posting online somewhere, where VGA resolutions are more than enough.
I'm in Android version 2.2.1, no gingerbread yet.
* The Facebook app is pretty good, tho I'm not facebook-whoring much these days.
* Several news apps from CNN, BBC, CNET. Love those.
* SpeedTest.net app to tells me my current speed AND keeps a record of them AND tells me when the test was Wifi or Mobile Data... pretty cool.
* Ted Talks app is another of my favorites, streaming the videos right to the phone, easy.
* Photobucket app saves me a lot of time when I'm taking a pic that I want to post online. And gives me easy access to my Photobucket albums (easier/faster than using the web browser.
* Software Data Cable is an FTP server that runs of the phone, making it accessible from all the PCs on the wifi network, REALLY COOL as I have movies/pictures/songs all over the place. Way better than going through different PCs plugging into the USB ports.
* Robot Tower Defense android version is really addictive. I have some more but that's the ONE that has me hooked right now.
Things I don't like:
* The small capacity of the internal memory (256MB). Even tho I put a 16Gb SD card on it, some apps can't be moved to the card and I'm always low on space on the internal memory. I've been testing some apps that let you mount the SD card as a directory of the internal memory (trying to fool the OS a little) with various degrees of success. But I haven't found a definite solution yet.
* Battery life sucks. My old plain phone could be on stand by for days, not the case here. But I have a lot of apps running so, maybe it's my fault I can only get around 20 hours before it shuts off.
* Sending MMS sometimes gets stuck. I'm not sure if is because of the provider or the phone settings or an issue with the internal free space.
Things I love:
* I definitely LOOOVE having a standard USB cable to charge it. It's about time phone manufacturers standarized their freaking charging cables.
Things I would like to do:
Probably doable, I haven't researched enough yet. But I would like to customize/change my dialer app, and the standard gallery app.
PS: Yes, I rooted the suckah. Took me some time but it's done.