Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Whatcha Doin'? Part 5. (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/762136-whatcha-doin-part-5-a.html)

x136 04-19-12 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wordbiker (Post 14117708)
Still reeling from my date last night. Where in the heck did I find a girl that is so geeky cool, yet sexy as all getout?

Page 163 of the catalogue?

bigbenaugust 04-19-12 01:54 PM

So, WB is all into the Russian Mail Order Brides, eh?

Wordbiker 04-19-12 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoPumpkin (Post 14118299)
Did she sleepover? :p

No, she went home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 14118402)
Aisle 5, Inflatable pool toys?

I wouldn't take your girl from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplight (Post 14118536)
My imagination? Give her back! :mad:

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x136 (Post 14119506)
Page 163 of the catalogue?

No, at the brewery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbenaugust (Post 14119532)
So, WB is all into the Russian Mail Order Brides, eh?

Not hardly.

She's into roller derby, manages a costume shop and runs a program for the elderly in my county. She's been a schoolteacher, went to a performing arts high school and surprising choice for me...she has quite a few tats.

Oh look, she's here again.

Lamplight 04-19-12 07:35 PM

I use PDANet on my phone to tether so that I have internet access on my PC. When it's drizzly/raining outside, it stops working. I click "disconnect" and then reconnect, and it works again for a few minutes, then stops. I have to keep repeating the cycle as long as the weather conditions are like that. On my actual phone the internet access is always functional, though. So I guess what I'm saying is, WTF?

Big_e 04-19-12 09:09 PM

Practicing on my new quena and trying to not pass out from lack of oxygen. I just about got 1 1/2 octaves down but I need to be able to get 2 1/2 on demand. Good quena players can get 3 1/2 octaves out of a decent flute.

Meanwhile, I need to find a good stairwell or tunnel with good acoustics to play my quenacho (slightly larger quena). The stairs at the police station that I work at has excellent acoustics but I'm afraid the Captain would arrest me for disturbing the peace!

JonnyHK 04-19-12 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's gone apocalyptic here.

First it got dark - like 8pm dark (it is 11am in the morning) - and now it is raining.

And I don't mean no 'light drizzle' BS. It's the real deal...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=245765

So much for riding in to the office on the bike before lunch.

x136 04-19-12 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplight (Post 14120848)
I use PDANet on my phone to tether so that I have internet access on my PC. When it's drizzly/raining outside, it stops working. I click "disconnect" and then reconnect, and it works again for a few minutes, then stops. I have to keep repeating the cycle as long as the weather conditions are like that. On my actual phone the internet access is always functional, though. So I guess what I'm saying is, WTF?

Is the phone connected to the computer with a cable, or Bluetooth/wifi?

Lamplight 04-19-12 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x136 (Post 14121230)
Is the phone connected to the computer with a cable, or Bluetooth/wifi?

Cable.

x136 04-19-12 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplight (Post 14121250)
Cable.

That's all kinds of bizarre. Is there different tethering software you could use instead?

Lamplight 04-19-12 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x136 (Post 14121320)
That's all kinds of bizarre. Is there different tethering software you could use instead?

I tried EasyTether first and never could get it working right, so I started using this and just stuck with it. Another oddity: It seems that it's more likely to do this when the phone is fully charged. If it's charging through the USB cable while tethering with the computer, it nearly always works fine. And yet another oddity: When I lived in TN I had DSL internet service, and it would do the exact same thing any time a thunderstorm came through, especially if it was hot outside.

x136 04-19-12 10:11 PM

Oh, I used to live in an old house where the DSL would go all wonky during heavy rains. That makes some sense, at least.

Sixty Fiver 04-20-12 12:40 AM

Nerding out on the PC and the Crackberry... got things synced up nicely.

Sixty Fiver 04-20-12 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x136 (Post 14121320)
That's all kinds of bizarre. Is there different tethering software you could use instead?

Definitely some bizarre behaviour if the phone works but the tether does not...

fuzzbox 04-20-12 12:58 AM

So when I went to Cali last month took a cab to the airport. Used a credit card to pay. Didn't see the charge show up till 3 weeks later then they charged me again 2 weeks later. wtf. Shady uncharted driving services. Hopefully this charge comes off.

Lamplight 04-20-12 01:12 AM

Another thing, it seems considerably more likely to work properly when I'm tethered to my laptop instead of my desktop. Maybe I need to re-install the software on my desktop.

Wordbiker 04-20-12 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplight (Post 14121666)
Another thing, it seems considerably more likely to work properly when I'm tethered to my laptop instead of my desktop. Maybe I need to re-install the software on my desktop.

Not...going...to...touch this....

CbadRider 04-20-12 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyHK (Post 14121226)
It's gone apocalyptic here.

First it got dark - like 8pm dark (it is 11am in the morning) - and now it is raining.

And I don't mean no 'light drizzle' BS. It's the real deal...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=245765

So much for riding in to the office on the bike before lunch.

Hopefully you won't have any flooding.

JonnyHK 04-20-12 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 14122639)
Hopefully you won't have any flooding.

The drains are pretty good here - haven't heard of any flooding.

Might mess up the seat-racing we have planned for our rowing crew selection tomorrow...

EthanYQX 04-20-12 09:13 AM

Eating eggs, bacon, and a protein shake. After three PR's both in 1RM and 3RM AND working sets. :D

gnome 04-20-12 04:38 PM

burping the baby.

Sixty Fiver 04-20-12 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 14124907)
burping the baby.

Wonderful.. we need more pictures of the gnomeling.

Sixty Fiver 04-20-12 05:00 PM

Looks like a big storm is rolling in but we are well provisioned with junk food, movies, and games for our father daughter night.

Lamplight 04-23-12 12:49 AM

Kind of interesting (to me at least).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Comparison.jpg

I drew the image on the left in pencil (obviously), then using Photoshop I traced the basic lines on a separate layer. Then I got rid of the original and made all new shading, disregarding the original entirely. What I find weird is even though I directly traced the basic lines, I can find several features I inadvertently changed and tweaked.

MangoPumpkin 04-23-12 06:11 AM

Watching the lovely rain fall outside my work window.

JonnyHK 04-23-12 06:23 AM

Eating fresh buffalo mozzarella on home made bread (toasted) with a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

The Italian in my wife is good for something!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 AM.