Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91
  1. #51
    alleged person Pobble.808's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lost in Space
    My Bikes
    1970s Royal Scot 3-Speed, 2005 Breezer Villager 7-Speed IGH
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrific story, thanks so much for sharing.

    Nice photos too, but... What about the BIKES? Please don't tell us that they weren't invited!

  2. #52
    Senior Member Lamplight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    2,766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a wee bit late, but congratulations! As a long time Donna AND Keith fan, I couldn't stop smiling while reading through this thread.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Paranoid.Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    My Bikes
    DHS Jumper BMX; RichBike MTB
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Don't forget that the web is dangerous, though!

    Interesting story.
    However, while this one had a happy end, many such "stories" end tragically.
    One should be particularly concerned that he/she could be tricked into some sort of snare. It is a very bad idea to know someone via the Internet. There are a lot of malicious/evil people out there, including hustlers, sexual predators, etc.
    I am not posting here to troll or disrupt this thread in any way, but only to remind people of the dangers of the Web. While Sixty Fiver(the original poster) was lucky, you might not be.
    Caution!
    Last edited by Paranoid.Guy; 09-18-11 at 04:01 AM.

  4. #54
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,519
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    Interesting story.
    However, while this one had a happy end, many such "stories" end tragically.
    One should be particularly concerned that he/she could be tricked into some sort of snare. It is a very bad idea to know someone via the Internet. There are a lot of malicious/evil people out there, including hustlers, sexual predators, etc.
    I am not posting here to troll or disrupt this thread in any way, but only to remind people of the dangers of the Web. While Sixty Fiver(the original poster) was lucky, you might not be.
    Caution!
    Did I mention that when we met I had to check to make sure she really was not a guy named Bob ?

  5. #55
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,519
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
    I'm a wee bit late, but congratulations! As a long time Donna AND Keith fan, I couldn't stop smiling while reading through this thread.
    And we are fans of you as well.

    When I told Donna you had moved to the PNW she was really happy and looks forward to meeting you some day soon.

    I have (distant) relatives in Bellingham... my grandfather was an American and his family settled in Washington over 100 years ago while he decided to head northward to make his fortunes in the early 10's.

  6. #56
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love is good.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Paranoid.Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    My Bikes
    DHS Jumper BMX; RichBike MTB
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story told here is a story of sheer chance. If that female moderator hadn't greeted Sixty Fiver when he made his account here, the OP of this thread wouldn't have known his future wife.

  8. #58
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,519
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    The story told here is a story of sheer chance. If that female moderator hadn't greeted Sixty Fiver when he made his account here, the OP of this thread wouldn't have known his future wife.
    Every love story is one of sheer chance... our chance came 4 years ago (this month) and the odds were good that we would have started some interaction because we are both car free utilitarian cyclists and would have passed each other somewhere on this web site and probably thought, "I like how this person thinks".

    All I can say is that I will never regret not joining a monastery...

  9. #59
    ` Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    The story told here is a story of sheer chance. If that female moderator hadn't greeted Sixty Fiver when he made his account here, the OP of this thread wouldn't have known his future wife.
    I guess you aren't aware of how many BF marriages we have had here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Paranoid.Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    My Bikes
    DHS Jumper BMX; RichBike MTB
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    I guess you aren't aware of how many BF marriages we have had here.
    I thought there was only one(the one described in this thread). Such events happening over the Internet must be very rare.

  11. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    I am not posting here to troll or disrupt this thread in any way
    Caution!
    But, that's exactly what you have done. Anyway...

    Congratulations Sixty Fiver. I'm very happy for the both of you.

    Couch

  12. #62
    Senior Member Paranoid.Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    My Bikes
    DHS Jumper BMX; RichBike MTB
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch View Post
    But, that's exactly what you have done.
    If my posts in this thread were disruptive, they would have already been removed and now I would have an infraction.
    Last edited by Paranoid.Guy; 09-23-11 at 05:35 PM.

  13. #63
    ` Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    I thought there was only one(the one described in this thread). Such events happening over the Internet must be very rare.
    I think we have somewhere along the lines of 8 weddings now, and another one happening soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  14. #64
    Found my way <3 2 Ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On the shore
    My Bikes
    Salsa Campeon, Specialized Crux, Bottechia Mixte
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    I thought there was only one(the one described in this thread). Such events happening over the Internet must be very rare.
    You haven't been around for very long.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

    Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon


  15. #65
    Infamous Member chipcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
    Posts
    24,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Did I mention that when we met I had to check to make sure she really was not a guy named Bob ?
    or me
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

  16. #66
    Infamous Member chipcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
    Posts
    24,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid.Guy View Post
    If my posts in this thread were disruptive, they would have already been removed and now I would have an infraction.
    not disruptive...just wet-blanket tacky. The tacky part is my job, dammit!
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

  17. #67
    BikeForums Founder Joe_Gardner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruze Superlight, Bianchi Pista, Surly LHT, Surly Krampus.
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to both of you guys. Beautiful people, both of you.

  18. #68
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to bump this to say hello and congratulations to both of you
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  19. #69
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,519
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fast forwarding to today... it has been a year since the intitial immigration paperwork was filed and I just sent off what I hope is the last bit of paperwork and another $1000.00 as everything has been approved and now the permanent resident visa needs to be processed and issued, it is unlikely that an interview will be needed, and we are hoping that Donna will be moving here within the next 6-9 months.

    We celebrated our anniversary this past August with my daughters in Portland... it was absolutely wonderful to be together as a family and I have been back to Portland in September, December / January, and will be going back again in April to spend time with my beautiful wife.

    The girls keep asking when Donna will be here... they love her so much.

  20. #70
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,117
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hoping that time flies for you both. Love this story.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  21. #71
    tested member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moral of the story: Getting into Canada is difficult.


    Congrats, guys
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJamoquio View Post
    .... Other than being completely wrong, you're correct.

  22. #72
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Fast forwarding to today... it has been a year since the intitial immigration paperwork was filed and I just sent off what I hope is the last bit of paperwork and another $1000.00 as everything has been approved and now the permanent resident visa needs to be processed and issued, it is unlikely that an interview will be needed, and we are hoping that Donna will be moving here within the next 6-9 months.

    We celebrated our anniversary this past August with my daughters in Portland... it was absolutely wonderful to be together as a family and I have been back to Portland in September, December / January, and will be going back again in April to spend time with my beautiful wife.

    The girls keep asking when Donna will be here... they love her so much.

    This is one of the things that really bugs me about our immigration system, I know a guy whose wife was deported because of a paperwork mix up.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  23. #73
    Dirty Schwinn-Lover deeth82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    My Bikes
    '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Fast forwarding to today... it has been a year since the intitial immigration paperwork was filed and I just sent off what I hope is the last bit of paperwork and another $1000.00 as everything has been approved and now the permanent resident visa needs to be processed and issued, it is unlikely that an interview will be needed, and we are hoping that Donna will be moving here within the next 6-9 months.

    We celebrated our anniversary this past August with my daughters in Portland... it was absolutely wonderful to be together as a family and I have been back to Portland in September, December / January, and will be going back again in April to spend time with my beautiful wife.

    The girls keep asking when Donna will be here... they love her so much.
    The only "bad" part of this story is that it's taking so long to get your lady home! Glad you two hit it off, and I wish you happy days together for the rest of your lives.
    Ride what you like, how you like.

  24. #74
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this thread is in my CP I have to extend my congratulations once again to both of you.

    I was hoping to meet you in July, Keith, if I'm lucky maybe you'll both be in YEG
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  25. #75
    Senior Member rebel1916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! I somehow thought Canada's immigration system was a little saner than ours. Clearly I was wrong. Hopefully your time is coming soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •