(pre DUI enforcement)
Silvia's "fallin' down" egg nog recipe:
12 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup bourbon
3/4 cup cognac (brandy for you heathens!)
2 quarts whole milk
1 quart heavy cream - or you can use softened vanilla ice cream
1. separate eggs
2. beat egg yolks together with sugar until thick & lemon yellow - set aside in fridge overnight
3. Next day, add liqour gradually while beating
4. Stir in milk & chill several hours
5. Before serving, beat egg whites until stiff & fold into egg nog mixture
6. beat heavy cream until stiff (or use softened vanilla ice cream) and place in bottom of punch bowl
7. pour egg nog mixture over whipped cream (or ice cream), slowly mix - just a bit - and sprinkle with nutmeg.
8. For the kids - leave out the liquor!!!!
A few cups of this and you and your guests will be merry - and a few pounds heavier!