What are your latest DIY fixes? Specially those where you experienced an Eureka! feeling when you finally found out what was wrong.
I had two today:
The Propane Heater
It wasn't starting. A good shake confirmed that the 15lb tank still had plenty of propane. A weird switch looked suspicious. It after lots of thinking and voltmeter testing I concluded this must be a "dump switch" with the inside ball stuck. I took it out, shake it vigorously until the ball came loose. Put it back in and Eureka, now it works.
The Garbage Disposal
It had something stuck and was not turning. Several attempts to remove the obstruction failed. And then, Eureka! I used the vacuum cleaner to suck it out. It was a chicken bone. Garbage disposal now works just fine.
SAFETY NOTE: Please do not attempt Rube(TM) fixes in your home unless you know what you are doing (tho Rube usually doesn't). Rube makes no guaranty that your house will not catch on fire, explode, implode or whatever.