How much of a fire hazard is it when an electric fence has a worn area that creates sparking that is not only very loud but visible? The place where I ride has electric fencing in all the pastures. One of the pastures isn't being used at the moment due to some work being done on underground pipes and wires. They've dug a big hole to expose the stuff that needs to be repaired. Anyway, coming out of the hole are some wires making very loud and visible sparks. I mentioned something to the owner who said that he already knew about it and that it wasn't a problem. They can't shut it off apparently because if they did it would mean turning off all the electric fences.
With all the hay and grass around, wouldn't sparks be considered a bad thing?