Got this on another forum, pics in the link. Keeps acetylene tank in vehilce, smelled gas from garage and vehicle, aired out both for a while, started FJ backed out garage, hit the window button and "BOOM".
So here's the full story in his own words that he posted on CT4WD:
"Im a journeyman plumber by trade and a 5 cubic foot 'B' tank of acetylene is an extremely common tool within the trade. At the end of the day the tank gets put in the back of the truck like everything else and forgotten about. Well it was moving around and bumped the key that shuts the main valve off. It slowly leaked overnight. i walked into the garage i could smell the gas, i opened the big door to air it out, then i opened the truck and wow it was overwhelming. i aired the truck out for 5 minutes and when i felt the truck was cleared out enough i fired it up and drove it out to the alley. i wanted to roll the pass window down to get a breeze for the way to work. the instant i touched the window button, everything went orange and i was pinned to the seat by the airbags.
It was the fuel within the doors and fenders and under the console that didnt get aired out before that i didnt think about. Acetylene is much heavier than air and has a flammability % of 2.5 to 82%. by comparison natural gas is 5 to 15%.
i lost my hearing in my right ear and got a bump on the back of my melon. im very grateful to be alive, and the lesson learned is to NEVER be complacent about the little stuff.
Tie your bottles up correctly for transport, and do not store them overnight in an enclosed area.
Im not embarrassed or mad about the issue or story getting around, quite the opposite actually. I hope someone sees this and learns about the dangers of flammable gasses in an enclosed space.
As far as the fj goes I settled already with the insurance and am in the process of ordering a 2012 TT 6M. There are only going to be 125 TT total for canada, 15 manuals only. im going to have one."