Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nanaimo.B.C. The We't coast of Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Okay, what happened to it.

    Where did the thread about AllenG moving the fish go? I can't find it anywhere.

  2. #2
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Kraken ate it.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Venture 3.0
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping for the video of jsharr's interpretive dance.
    "Why is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?" Anonymous

  4. #4
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    14,012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's right next to my freewheel removal tool.
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  5. #5
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    *jsharr opens a package containing fish*

    What the hell is this?

    It is sending a message. It means that The Mad Scientists of Foo thread sleeps with the fishes.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  6. #6
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    7,591
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, did the fish not get enough bubbles and Neptune, lord of the sea, took his revenge by removing any trace that AllenG ever existed?
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  7. #7
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete In Az View Post
    I was hoping for the video of jsharr's interpretive dance.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  8. #8
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    Where did the thread about AllenG moving the fish go? I can't find it anywhere.
    I got pulled over and the wait shocked the fish beyond recovery. I cleaned them and gave them to my mother's church's soup kitchen.
    I deep sixed the thread because it was a really depressing day.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Venture 3.0
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam... That sucks.

    Sorry about that...
    "Why is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?" Anonymous

  10. #10
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,742
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stinks, man. Can you bill the officer for some more fish?
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  11. #11
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenaugust View Post
    That stinks, man. Can you bill the officer for some more fish?
    Yes I can. It's going to take months to process though.


    The upshot, which made it worth it, I was at the church today and a little old man said that the trout was the best meal he had in years. He had tears in his eyes, so I had tears in mine.

  12. #12
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,742
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    The upshot, which made it worth it, I was at the church today and a little old man said that the trout was the best meal he had in years. He had tears in his eyes, so I had tears in mine.
    That would be tough to not cry for.

    Not to drag this out, but I hope the stop was at least for speeding and not for suspicious activity or some made up stuff.
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  13. #13
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenaugust View Post
    That would be tough to not cry for.

    Not to drag this out, but I hope the stop was at least for speeding and not for suspicious activity or some made up stuff.
    Suspicious activity. City cop was wondering why water was dripping from my tanks (trash cans) and became confused when he saw fish. Had to make calls to see if transporting live fish was legal. By the time he had the answer the fish were mostly belly up.

  14. #14
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,742
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's crap.
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: I openSUSE: III

  15. #15
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gotta love ya some bureaucracy.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  16. #16
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of trying tilapia in the pond next.
    Trout are going to have to wait until November.

  17. #17
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trout way down there?
    This confuses me.Is that Georgia trout stream next to the outdoor ice skating pond in Atlanta?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  18. #18
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Trout way down there?
    This confuses me.Is that Georgia trout stream next to the outdoor ice skating pond in Atlanta?
    Trout can be stocked in Southern ponds during the cold months. When the water gets above 70 the trout will start to die off (it's just the opposite with tilapia). My plan was to have the local boy scout troupe come over and have a fishing day. They will get their day next year now.

    As the trout become sluggish the bass and other sport fish will gorge on them, and I have a goodly number of 6-8 pound bass and several in the 10+ range, so they can eat some big forage fish. Tilapia breed prolifically which also gives the sport fish plenty of forage, but since they die in cold weather they won't take the pond over.

    I'm getting a sizable tax return this year and plan on burning it all in the pond. My pond has always been a good pond but I'm going to do my best to make it into a great pond. And a little bit of work will have benefits for years to come.

  19. #19
    location:northern Ohio
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop "messin" with trout,penguins,polar bears,hockey and such down there.It's not the natural selection of nature and you may breed some pissed off demographic gentic altered monster that kills and eats good-ol-boys.

    Now Talipia will work but they tend to eat a lot of poop and lately many farm raised talipia has cause some health concerns.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  20. #20
    Crispy Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Open the Bag and Eat Me.
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,975
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Stop "messin" with trout,penguins,polar bears,hockey and such down there.It's not the natural selection of nature and you may breed some pissed off demographic gentic altered monster that kills and eats good-ol-boys.

    Now Talipia will work but they tend to eat a lot of poop and lately many farm raised talipia has cause some health concerns.
    Are you a Republican by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Venture 3.0
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Trout can be stocked in Southern ponds during the cold months. When the water gets above 70 the trout will start to die off (it's just the opposite with tilapia). My plan was to have the local boy scout troupe come over and have a fishing day. They will get their day next year now.

    As the trout become sluggish the bass and other sport fish will gorge on them, and I have a goodly number of 6-8 pound bass and several in the 10+ range, so they can eat some big forage fish. Tilapia breed prolifically which also gives the sport fish plenty of forage, but since they die in cold weather they won't take the pond over.

    I'm getting a sizable tax return this year and plan on burning it all in the pond. My pond has always been a good pond but I'm going to do my best to make it into a great pond. And a little bit of work will have benefits for years to come.
    I got goldfish in mine...
    "Why is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?" Anonymous

  22. #22
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spry View Post
    Stop "messin" with trout,penguins,polar bears,hockey and such down there.It's not the natural selection of nature and you may breed some pissed off demographic gentic altered monster that kills and eats good-ol-boys.

    Now Talipia will work but they tend to eat a lot of poop and lately many farm raised talipia has cause some health concerns.
    Rednecks are ropey. Gonna have to be some tough trout to work their way through one.

  23. #23
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete In Az View Post
    I got goldfish in mine...
    Goldfish can get surprisingly big.

  24. #24
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Suspicious activity. City cop was wondering why water was dripping from my tanks (trash cans) and became confused when he saw fish. Had to make calls to see if transporting live fish was legal. By the time he had the answer the fish were mostly belly up.
    I'd have been furious, but you sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    The upshot, which made it worth it, I was at the church today and a little old man said that the trout was the best meal he had in years. He had tears in his eyes, so I had tears in mine.
    ...awesomed the situation.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Venture 3.0
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Goldfish can get surprisingly big.
    Oh yea...

    They get big, then disappear (raccoons, egrets, neighborhood kids...).
    "Why is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?" Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •