Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-12, 02:37 PM   #1
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay. I need help.

[Mods: if this is posted in the wrong place, please feel free to move it]

I used to be pretty active, here.

I used to be ... pretty active.

I used to ride my C'dale T2000
I used to ride my Moots Vamoots
I used to ride my Diamondback Response Comp.
I ... used to ride. I used to wrench.

But ... upon moving to Northern Colorado, I promptly got the **** kicked out of me, and ... now ... need help.

Please read the story in the link, below.

Yes: It's all true.

Yes: I've been sick for about three years, and simply cannot get my health back.

No: They're not sure what's wrong with me, and I'm seeing some of the best of the best.

Yes: They took all of our money.

Yes: The emotional toll it's taken is overwhelming, to say the least. I'm lost.

Please share/re-post this article, if you will. I want the story to go viral. If it can help prevent this from happening to somebody else, I want it to. If the story can get in front of somebody who can help my wife and me, well ... I'm confident that person will know what to do, and how to do it.

Thanks very much.

http://nbeener.blogspot.com/
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:07 PM   #2
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Moved from Bike Mechanics to Foo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:27 PM   #3
BenzFanatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicagoland area
Bikes:
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Awful man, just awful. I'm glad the people at least moved so that part is over with... living in Illinois where corruption is rampant makes the situation with the judge anger me even more. I wish I could help or there was some advice I could give. Is a cornea transplant out of the question? I have been having bad eye problems for the past 4 years, thought to be the result of a brain tumor I had, but I found out yesterday actually that my problems may be from a different ailment of the cornea, and that a transplant may be the course of action. I assume you have contacted the Colorado Judicial Discipline Commission? Best of luck to you and yours.
http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts...ommittee_ID=13
BenzFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:42 PM   #4
lostarchitect 
incazzare.
 
lostarchitect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes: See sig
Posts: 6,333
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
That sounds terrible, and I feel sorry about it. That said, it sounds like you did almost everything wrong, beginning with building your house right up to the property line. In most places, that's not legal for obvious reasons. Did you consider that soundproofing the bedroom would probably have cost less than the $100k + $73k you spent on the trial?
__________________
1964 JRJ (Bob Jackson), 1973 Wes Mason, 1974 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1986 Schwinn High Sierra, 2000ish Colian (Colin Laing), 2011 Dick Chafe, 2013 Velo Orange Pass Hunter
lostarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:53 PM   #5
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Build a inner wall liner and fill with this
http://www.tigerfoam.com/index.php?g...FcHJKgodhHhRCA

Panel over, and install sound deadening foam blocks in the bedroom window area and you can soundproof the bedroom for around a grand.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:55 PM   #6
BenzFanatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicagoland area
Bikes:
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Neil unfortunately I don't have permission to send PM's yet, but thank you for the information and again, best of luck.
BenzFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 04:57 PM   #7
bigbenaugust 
always rides with luggage
 
bigbenaugust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KIGX
Bikes: 2009 Fantom CX, 2012 Fantom Cross Uno, Bakfiets
Posts: 1,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
Build a inner wall liner and fill with this
http://www.tigerfoam.com/index.php?g...FcHJKgodhHhRCA

Panel over, and install sound deadening foam blocks in the bedroom window area and you can soundproof the bedroom for around a grand.
You're a nice guy, Tom. I would have just deleted the post as spam or something.
__________________
--Ben
Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, and a Bakfiets
Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014), 2008 Citizen Folder (2015)
Non-Bike hardware: Xubuntu / Ubuntu MATE / Mac OS 10.6 / Android 4.4 / CyanogenMod 13
bigbenaugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 06:09 PM   #8
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of the two dogs is dead, and the owners moved almost a year ago. THEY'RE now divorced, too. Everybody lost. I just lost ... the biggest.

The sound issue isn't a problem any more. New neighbors are quiet.

Nah. I didn't do everything wrong. When you're flat-out sick -- I mean ... on the floor sick -- you can't think about finding contractors, getting bids, and having work done. I'm disabled. I'm home. There would have been no escaping the dust, the displacement, the noise, and the dirt.

I'm still running fevers of over 100*F ... nearly every day, and nearly all day, and ... have no energy.

We didn't "build" the house. It wasn't custom. We just optioned it. We had NO idea it would sit the way it did, relative to the neighbors, on the property. Maybe it was the one question we never asked, but ... who would ? It's like asking the car dealer if the car you're buying will have tires.

You also don't expect the legal bills to go absolutely bonkers the way they did, or that the neighbors AND the HOA would be financed by insurance $$$$.

Or ... to lose, when the both the facts AND the law are on your side.

Obviously, if I hadn't lost my health, we could have up and moved. But I couldn't. Flat out ... couldn't.

My health is still gone, or ... I would move. I was disabled to start with. Now ... a better word is F'd.

Pass the link around, huh ??? Help me out, and ... help others out. I'd be forever grateful.

Last edited by neil0502; 04-27-12 at 08:44 PM.
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 10:14 PM   #9
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would have sold the house and gotten out of hell as soon as I spotted the bull****, why you would stay in such a hell hole is beyond me. I've known people that were close to death with ilness that just up and moved away from their life long homes to live their last days out in peace and quite. I'm not blaming you, just saying you had options, you just chose the wrong one. You had a 10 foot ladder in an eight foot hole and you went ahead and dug the hole ten feet deeper, but you still only had a ten foot ladder.
__________________
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

Last edited by ilikebikes; 04-27-12 at 10:18 PM.
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 04:38 AM   #10
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's extremely easy for those who weren't there, and who aren't there, now, to tell me what I should have done.

But ... maybe not surprisingly ... it isn't helpful. It wasn't even helpful, then, when others told me to move.

They didn't have to get it done. I did.

I couldn't.

I still can't.

If it makes some people feel better to believe that -- in small part or large -- I brought this one myself, or that I had other options, well ... I won't take that away from those people.

But ... judging somebody in my position ... without ever having walked a mile in my shoes ... is rather silly.
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 05:00 AM   #11
billyymc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Nothing biased about that.
billyymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 06:13 AM   #12
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Billymc:

I have the transcripts of the sworn depositions of all the players. I haven't said ANYTHING that isn't 100% backed up by the sworn testimony of the other side.

If you don't want to help, then don't help.

But ... is it really necessary to give ME crap ???

If so, why ?
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 07:02 AM   #13
billyymc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Ok Neil...you want help? Here's my help. Take that "article" down. You wrote it in the third person to make is sound as if it's a news article. It's not. Beyond that, it comes across as whiny and completely biased. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry for your illness. But you end up sounding like an arrogant jerk in your "article" for so many reasons that I'm don't want to bother even trying to explain. You probably can't see it because you're too close to the situation, but imo that's how it comes off. I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy based on that post. And it's not clear what you're trying to accomplish.

In the post above you say you didn't "build the house. It wasn't custom." But in your blog you state that you "put together the specs for your dreamhouse" and that it would take six months to complete. Which is it? That's really just a hypothetical question, because I don't care and I wouldn't believe your answer anyway because your posts and your blog are so full of self serving whining bs that you quickly lose all credibility and you never build any likeability factor.

Just my opinion. I'm not trying to rip on you, I'm just telling you honestly how I perceive what you've written in your blog and your posts in this thread.

Last edited by billyymc; 04-28-12 at 07:22 AM.
billyymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 07:07 AM   #14
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
I would have sold the house and gotten out of hell as soon as I spotted the bull****, why you would stay in such a hell hole is beyond me. I've known people that were close to death with ilness that just up and moved away from their life long homes to live their last days out in peace and quite. I'm not blaming you, just saying you had options, you just chose the wrong one. You had a 10 foot ladder in an eight foot hole and you went ahead and dug the hole ten feet deeper, but you still only had a ten foot ladder.
I overbuilt the house, for the neighborhood ... meaning ... it was the most expensive house IN the neighborhood.

Most of that was to make the house as "green" as possible -- special paints, flooring, heating, air conditioning, humidification, air cleaner, carpet, etc. -- things I needed because of my immune system and eyes.

Think about a wheelchair bound person. They HAVE to have a handicapped-accessible house.

If they HAVE to move, then they HAVE to sell TO another wheelchair bound person, AND they NEED a new house that is ALSO handicapped-accessible.

That doesn't happen with the snap of a finger. It's complicated. They're rare.

If the wheelchair-bound person can maintain a JOB, then the retrofitting can be done while they're at work.

If not -- my case -- then you have to live through the construction, which ... might harm your health, too.

It wasn't that simple. Nobody I talked to could figure out a way that would work.

I only wish.....
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 07:29 AM   #15
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyymc View Post
Ok Neil...you want help? Here's my help. Take that "article" down. You wrote it in the third person to make is sound as if it's a news article. It's not.
I wrote it that way, as a way to submit it TO the local newspaper. I figured it would be easier for THEM to read it, if it was written in "their language."

Quote:
Beyond that, it comes across as whiny and completely biased.
That's a pretty impressive statement. It implies you know the whole story, and that I'm presenting substantially less.

I have the transcripts of the sworn depositions of the "other side." THEIR WORDS ... make it WORSE than I've said, not better.

Quote:
I don't mean to hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry for your illness. But you end up sounding like an arrogant jerk in your "article" for so many reasons that I'm don't want to bother even trying to explain. You probably can't see it because you're too close to the situation, but imo that's how it comes off. I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy based on that post. And it's not clear what you're trying to accomplish.
I've heard from HUNDREDS of people who've read the post, based on the places I've posted to. Yours ... is the ONLY response of its kind.

Quote:
In the post above you say you didn't "build the house. It wasn't custom." But in your blog you state that you "put together the specs for your dreamhouse" and that it would take six months to complete. Which is it? That's really just a hypothetical question, because I don't care and I wouldn't believe your answer anyway because your posts and your blog are so full of self serving whining bs that you quickly lose all credibility and you never build any likeability factor.
For somebody who's telling another how THEY come across .... Wow !!!

It is a semi-custom home. Period. We could make NO changes to the floor plan or the exterior. Semi-custom is a standard term in the new home business.

In slow housing markets, builders "spec" (pre-build, and then sell) few homes, for various reasons. Instead, they sell a lot with a floor plan pre-approved, and -- in semi-custom building -- tell you what options you can choose from, in terms of finishes, etc.

What I'm "trying to accomplish" is to get the story out. Ideally, somebody in a position to help me ... WILL help me. Failing that, at least somebody else may learn ... not to be as baselessly judgmental as you have been ... and avoid hurting another human being -- maybe a medically disabled human being.
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 07:53 AM   #16
billyymc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
OK Neil...so what you're saying is you want help from people who sympathize with your story immediately, but not feedback from anyone who thinks it won't help your cause because of the writing, tone, and approach?

That's fine. I'll bow out of the thread with a final piece of advice. As a former journalist, I can tell you your piece you sent in probably went right into the trash bin (real or virtual). You're now branded a bit of a nut job in that newsroom. You have one chance to get them to pick up your story. Wait until the weekend. Try to find out who is a junior court reporter, who covers local school events, who writes the minor lifestyle articles. Those are the newer reporters. Try to call the newsroom and SPEAK to one of them. Not an editor or a senior writer....they don't care. The younger reporters might not be jaded (as much) yet, and think they can get a good story out of your predicament.
billyymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 08:25 AM   #17
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Billy?

I'll leave it at this: before post #16, I'd be hard-pressed to call ANYTHING you offered "constructive" criticism.

But I appreciate the hint on the news business, and will keep trying to get THEIR help in writing a "proper" story -- what I wanted, all along.
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 08:30 AM   #18
Alfster 
long time visiter
 
Alfster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the Northern Tundra
Bikes: 2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I feel bad for your plight, however I have to wonder why you let it go on for so long without moving. If you weren't getting any help from the community or authorities, and it was adversely affecting your health, why not move? I would assume you spent way more energy through litigation, than what a move would have required ... especially emotional energy. Question for you, if you could do it all over again, would you still proceed down the litigation path?

Having said that, I do sympathize with your plight having inconsiderate neighbours. We have two dogs that certainly bark outside, however we immediately bring them inside as soon as we hear them bark. Some people believe they have the right to leave their noisy dogs outside all day and all night, without ramifications. Ridiculous!
Alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 09:07 AM   #19
neil0502
My bike's better than me!
Thread Starter
 
neil0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Colorado
Bikes: (2) Moots Vamoots, (1) Cannondale T2000 tourer, (1) Diamondback Response Comp mtb
Posts: 2,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
I feel bad for your plight, however I have to wonder why you let it go on for so long without moving. If you weren't getting any help from the community or authorities, and it was adversely affecting your health, why not move? I would assume you spent way more energy through litigation, than what a move would have required ... especially emotional energy. Question for you, if you could do it all over again, would you still proceed down the litigation path?
Because I'm visually impaired, I like to joke that even my hindsight isn't 20/20.

When I look back, I WISH I COULD HAVE done one thing differently -- move.

But read above. I'm handicapped. I need certain things, in the same way a wheelchair-bound person does. There were no quick moves. I was battling insomnia, chronic viral, fungal, and bacterial infections, my eye pain was out of control. Attempts TO control it (stronger meds) whacked me out.

It was months and months and months of absolute medical misery.

Much like I couldn't have ridden the Markleeville Death Ride ... for a million bucks ... I couldn't effect a move. I STILL can't.

I never stopped holding out the FOOLISH hope that ... the City, Animal Control, Mediation, the Police, the Property Manager, the HOA ... SOMEBODY ... would make a very simple thing happen: quiet the dogs.

Quote:
Having said that, I do sympathize with your plight having inconsiderate neighbours. We have two dogs that certainly bark outside, however we immediately bring them inside as soon as we hear them bark. Some people believe they have the right to leave their noisy dogs outside all day and all night, without ramifications. Ridiculous!
The people who have sympathized the MOST with this situation ... have been dog owners -- both because of common courtesy, AND ... because most know that ... dogs don't bark on and on and on ... without some reason.

I use an analogy, now: I'm a tortoise on his back. If a tortoise gets flipped onto its back, the stress can kill it, and ... generally ... they cannot flip themselves back over.

I have NOT been able to get myself out of this situation.

In the last 3yrs ... while all this happened ... my sister-in-law battled breast cancer. I cannot IMAGINE that people would have done this to HER, but ... "Cancer" means something to people.

My disability is NOT apparent. I do not "look disabled."

But we shouldn't judge by appearances, should we -- particularly if what's being asked ... is inherently reasonable.
neil0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 10:08 AM   #20
billyymc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Neil - I know my comments might have seemed harsh. I truly meant it though when I said you should rewrite. But apparently you've gotten other reactions and opinions different from mine, so what do I know. I know nothing about you or your situation, other than what your blog and this thread represent. And my gut reaction was that your blog doesn't paint you in a positive light at all. And that's even from the point of view of one who can sympathize with being annoyed by dogs that are barking because they've' been left out too long, need water or food, etc.
billyymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 10:40 AM   #21
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Neil, I'd like to make a suggestion, and please take this as meant for your benefit......

I think you're overwhelmed with stress and anger over an unfair outcome (justifiably) and could use some counseling.

http://www.bbb.org/northern-colorado...ort-collins-co

Here is a resource for you. No, I do not think you are "crazy", but I think you could use somewhere to help you deal with both the fallout of your situation and your ongoing health concerns and how these affect your mental health. For a person to be healthy, it requires a holistic approach, addressing both the physical and mental aspects, and the kind of stress I've seen can here contribute to chronic pain perception by reducing your ability to cope.

I've been dealing with long term health issues (Cardiac), myself and have gotten to see myself go from endurance rides to barely able to ride around town. I might have at least some idea as to the space your head is in.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 11:11 AM   #22
Alfster 
long time visiter
 
Alfster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the Northern Tundra
Bikes: 2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Good post Tom. As I was reading Neil's blog, I couldn't help think about my sister-in-law's situation. She has had a 10 year on-going fight with her previous landlords, where she feels she was bullied out of the space to make way for commercial development. Yes, she went through a difficult situation, however it's now been 10 years and she's still looking at various legal avenues and religiously blogs about the situation, including naming people and companies that have wronged her. She is always looking for new discussion boards where she can discuss her situation. I cant say for sure that her current health problems were caused by the ongoing stress ... but I wouldn't doubt it. At some point, a person must take care of themselves first (physically, mentally and spiritually ... not necessarily in a religious sense).

I'm not sure what Neil wants from his story going viral ... aside from embarrassing the people involved by naming them??? However I believe he is opening himself up to more legal problems if they get wind of his blog.

Last edited by Alfster; 04-28-12 at 11:14 AM.
Alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 11:36 AM   #23
mikeybikes
Senior Member
 
mikeybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edgewater, CO
Bikes: Tons
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not entirely sure what you expect...

Sounds like the problem has moved out and you're stuck with a huge debt as a result of the legal battles. What good is sharing the story? Do you hope someone will write you a check to make things easier?

Don't get me wrong, what happened to you sucks and was a justifiably unfair result. I work in a law office with attorneys that specialize in real estate. Some of the HOA horror stories I hear are absolutely awful. HOAs are the worst and because it is often a community that bands together against one person or family, it can make that one person feel like they are heading upstream without a paddle.
mikeybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 09:39 PM   #24
Captain Blight
Senior Member
 
Captain Blight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Bikes: -1973 Motobecane Mirage -197? Velosolex L'Etoile -'71 Raleigh Super Course
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This sort of thing is exactly why we need a Socialized, nationwide National Health Service.
Captain Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 11:40 PM   #25
bigbenaugust 
always rides with luggage
 
bigbenaugust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KIGX
Bikes: 2009 Fantom CX, 2012 Fantom Cross Uno, Bakfiets
Posts: 1,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blight View Post
This sort of thing is exactly why we need to ban the Internet.
fify.
__________________
--Ben
Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, and a Bakfiets
Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014), 2008 Citizen Folder (2015)
Non-Bike hardware: Xubuntu / Ubuntu MATE / Mac OS 10.6 / Android 4.4 / CyanogenMod 13
bigbenaugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 AM.