Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    This is cool, huh?


  2. #2
    Senior Member LordOpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    2006 custom Walt Works roadie, 2003 Fuji Finest (road), 2002 Giant Iguana (mtb), 1986 BMW K75 (motor)
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's cool about it? Did you just get it?

  3. #3
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOpie
    what's cool about it? Did you just get it?

    If you gotta ask, we can't explain!

    Cripes, I came just looking at it... MV Agusta... ummmmmmmm

  4. #4
    Now with suspension! XzEn54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mill Valey, CA
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant XTC-2, '96 hardrock sport
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the wheels...
    Last edited by XzEn54321; 01-04-05 at 08:29 PM. Reason: I'm an dumb***
    If your not bleeding your not trying hard enough, now excuse me while I get my bike dirty.
    My 3D art

  5. #5
    Senior Member LordOpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    2006 custom Walt Works roadie, 2003 Fuji Finest (road), 2002 Giant Iguana (mtb), 1986 BMW K75 (motor)
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    If you gotta ask, we can't explain!

    Cripes, I came just looking at it... MV Agusta... ummmmmmmm
    yes yes, nice bike, I bet it hugs the turns well... I also bet you can't ride that thing for more than 30 minutes without a backache

    At half the price, I'd rather have a BMW R1150GS or something that allows you to lay on the tank and go for 400 miles and scrape the heads when you feel like it.

    Sorry, at my age, I have to consider comfort

  6. #6
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is that thing, four pipes coming out the back? Gold rims? What are you, a pimp?

    What about a bike powered by a helicoptor motor?


    That's a V-10 viper with 500 horses between your legs.



    150mph superman in a speedo.
    Last edited by slvoid; 01-04-05 at 09:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as one that's recovered from a herniated disc at L4 -5, I'd much rather ride a sport bike than a cruiser any day. It has to do with supporting road shock to some extent with the legs, and the torso with the arms.

    It's been a few years since I've managed the parts dept. at a BMW dealership, but I don't ever recall being able to lay on the tank (comfortably or not) on ANY GS model BMW or any other Beemer for that fact.

    While my Corbin-ized K100RT was extremely comfortable on the arse. My back always felt so much better after a day on my Spec II equiped Yamie RZ 350 with a thinly padded plank of a seat and rearsets.

    Draging the heads or any other part of the motorcycle... save for my knees is not my idea of having fun. It tends to upset vital parts of the traction equasion... like the loading of front or back tire contact patches.

    You want comfort... stay in the Lazy-Boy. I take adrenaline rush anyday, thank you very much.

  8. #8
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    What is that thing, four pipes coming out the back? Gold rims? What are you, a pimp?
    Ummm, ya... It's a V4.

    As far as the gold acccents... call it what you will[/quote]

    That's a V-10 viper with 500 horses between your legs.

    Not a motorcycle... technicaly. It has four indepently suspended wheels in contact with the road surface. No helmet required. It's a car you sit on. And... it's prototype, not production.

    Show me something I can buy.

  9. #9
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    Not a motorcycle... technicaly. It has four indepently suspended wheels in contact with the road surface. No helmet required. It's a car you sit on. And... it's prototype, not production.

    Show me something I can buy.
    But the front and rear sets of wheels are not indy...

  10. #10
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    999R?

  11. #11
    The Red Lantern Rev.Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it does actually run and move under its own power (Not well)

    Saw a bruised up RZ350 today, they are cool, but I still like my RD's bestest

    And I would really like to have that salt flat Black Lightning Rollie Free is sun bathing on.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.

    I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.

  12. #12
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    But the front and rear sets of wheels are not indy...

    Yes, from the reports I've seen, they are.


    EDIT: To substantiate my claim. (Emphasis mine)


    Powered by the monstrous V-10, 8277cc motor from the asphalt-shredding Viper, the 1500-pound Tomahawk is claimed to put down a mind-numbing 500 hp, with 525 ft/lbs. of torque on tap. This ungodly amount of power is transferred to the ground via four wheels, which are separated by a few inches to give off a motorcycle-like appearance. Dodge boss Wolfgang Bernhard claims two wheels couldn't deal with massive power delivery, thus the hybrid design. Each wheel, however, has independent suspension.

    From: Motorcyclist OnLine
    Last edited by Stacey; 01-05-05 at 02:36 PM.

  13. #13
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Chuck
    And it does actually run and move under its own power (Not well)

    Saw a bruised up RZ350 today, they are cool, but I still like my RD's bestest

    And I would really like to have that salt flat Black Lightning Rollie Free is sun bathing on.

    Vinne's are rolling works of art. And engeneering marvels for their day.

    Remember the R5, Rev Chuck? I had one of those, an RD and an RZ all at the same time. Big time grin factors for ancient iron.

  14. #14
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MERTON
    you just want it cus it's a giant vibrator that can serve as transport. that's the only reason anyone wants one.


    things are too dangerous.

    So is a keyboard without a brain behind it

    If I had to guess, I'll bet that 'vibrator' as you so crudely put it, runs smoother than most automobile engines. If'n I want something to vibrate me, I just plug in Johnnie Wadd... my 110 volt AC powered, light dimming, mudder forker that inspired Zappa to write Dynamo Hum

  15. #15
    Sick ... again MacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Class boys. If you're going to ride, please do it with class.


  16. #16
    Mmbeer Methos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMan
    Class boys. If you're going to ride, please do it with class.

    Pfffftt.. If I am going European, I would rather go Italian. The Daytona is too dull. It looks like a Katana. The Augusta is absolutely gorgeous *drool*. The new colors on the R1 though are almost worth going down to the dealership.
    Some Truths Feel Uncomfortable.

  17. #17
    Sick ... again MacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Methos
    Pfffftt.. If I am going European, I would rather go Italian. The Daytona is too dull. It looks like a Katana. The Augusta is absolutely gorgeous *drool*. The new colors on the R1 though are almost worth going down to the dealership.
    I've ridden loads of them. The Ducati's are nice - way over priced imo. Rode old Moto Guzzi bikes too. The Triumphs have personality. Triples are a blast. Rode an old Norton too from way back. I've ridden the 955i ... the ride sure isn't "dull".

  18. #18
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel that the new Trumpets have the same soul. Even the new 'retro' Bonnie is lacking.



    Although these changes
    have come
    With your chrome heart shining
    in the sun
    Long may you run.

    Well, it was
    back in Blind River in 1962
    When I last saw you alive
    But we missed that shift
    on the long decline
    Long may you run.

  19. #19
    Mmbeer Methos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMan
    I've ridden loads of them. The Ducati's are nice - way over priced imo. Rode old Moto Guzzi bikes too. The Triumphs have personality. Triples are a blast. Rode an old Norton too from way back. I've ridden the 955i ... the ride sure isn't "dull".
    I've ridden a friends 995i as well. The ride on all of these new bikes is fairly similiar. Each has its own personality, but for the average person's skill level it comes down to price and personal opinion. With the Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia, Kawasaki and Suzuki all constantly updating the looks and perfomance of their bikes, I think there is a better buy out there. The Daytona 650 I believe was updated last year, and has a very nice look to it. The 955i though is in need for an update if it wants to keep up with its European counterparts. Never said your ride was dull, I said the looks were dull. But that is my opinion. You can tell me my favorite bike looks like crap, we can laugh about it and that's that. I didn't mean to upset you by calling the Triumph dull... sometimes the truth is hard to swallow . (Just kidding)
    Some Truths Feel Uncomfortable.

  20. #20
    Sick ... again MacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Methos
    I've ridden a friends 995i as well. The ride on all of these new bikes is fairly similiar. Each has its own personality, but for the average person's skill level it comes down to price and personal opinion. With the Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia, Kawasaki and Suzuki all constantly updating the looks and perfomance of their bikes, I think there is a better buy out there. The Daytona 650 I believe was updated last year, and has a very nice look to it. The 955i though is in need for an update if it wants to keep up with its European counterparts. Never said your ride was dull, I said the looks were dull. But that is my opinion. You can tell me my favorite bike looks like crap, we can laugh about it and that's that. I didn't mean to upset you by calling the Triumph dull... sometimes the truth is hard to swallow . (Just kidding)
    Not upset. MAD AS HELL. HOW DARE YOU ...

    Just kidding - I don't own the 955i. In fact the last bike I had was a ZX-9. Then I got married and had kids ... Probably the most fun I ever had on a bike was on the old RD350. The Blue Smoke Meanie. My God, that was a blast. Unrefined, street-legal 350 2-stroke madness!

  21. #21
    Forum Admin lotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    n.w. superdrome
    My Bikes
    1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa
    Posts
    17,643
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like this:

    Marty
    Sono pił lento di quel che sembra.
    Odio la gente, tutti.

    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.

  22. #22
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's purdy!

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Specialized hardrock '04
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, that v-10 bike has two front capilers on like 20" rotors for two rotors. that bike has like 6 capilers for 4 rotors. wow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •