Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Diablo 3

  1. #1
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Caad4, Schwinn moab
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Diablo 3

    Any online gamers here? I am not, but my son is. The unique thing about Diablo 3 is that players can buy and sell stuff in the game for real money. My son has made over $300 this year. I told him that he should make as much as he can before they pull the plug on it.

  2. #2
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why would they pull the plug on it? My guess is that your son could make a lot more money in RL endeavors. VW economies are sweatshops for the most part.
    If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will? =^.^=

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmckenna View Post
    Why would they pull the plug on it? My guess is that your son could make a lot more money in RL endeavors. VW economies are sweatshops for the most part.
    Three words; taxman.

    Couch

  4. #4
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not tried it but I heard is pretty hardcore, with possible character "permadeath".
    "Hoy es un dia normal, pero yo voy a hacerlo intenso" ~ Juanes

  5. #5
    Super Newbie Shawn Gossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hurst, Illinois
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the collector's edition for $100 because I am a big Diablo fan (its one of two games that I only play, I am not your hardcore gamer). Anyways got the package, took a few hours to install and BOOM, video card not good enough
    Tour de Shawn - My Neglected Personal Cycling Blog

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hoshnasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cerritos, Ca.
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
    I have not tried it but I heard is pretty hardcore, with possible character "permadeath".
    It's only Permadeath if you activate "Hardcore" mode. There are three difficulties of the same game, Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. Inferno is REALLY hard.

    I've played all three games and beta tested the last two.

    Personally, I don't see Blizzard pulling the plug, they get a piece of every auction and that is going to be a massive money maker if this games remains as popular as it is.

    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...E4T/weight.png

    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    This is the best thing you can do to prevent a hangover.
    21. Buy more meth.
    22. Shoot up more meth.
    23. Don't go to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    I built a self-trepanning rig that I use after bike wrecks in which my helmet splits and I can't remember how I got home.
    I'll sell you plans for five dollars.

  7. #7
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Caad4, Schwinn moab
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshnasi View Post
    It's only Permadeath if you activate "Hardcore" mode. There are three difficulties of the same game, Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. Inferno is REALLY hard.

    I've played all three games and beta tested the last two.

    Personally, I don't see Blizzard pulling the plug, they get a piece of every auction and that is going to be a massive money maker if this games remains as popular as it is.
    My son beta tested the latest one. He was pretty excited at the prospect of making money playing a game he was playing anyway. Some complaints have been made to the F.B.I Internet fraud division regarding items paid for but not received.

  8. #8
    These Guys Eat Oreos Creatre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    3,382
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was growing up I made over $1500 growing up selling my Star Wars Galaxies accounts and money. Not too bad to be 13 or 14 years old and be making $300 a summer playing video games. All I would be doing normally is just playing the video games, at least that way I was developing business smarts in the game in order to make enough money to sell.
    Category 2 | | Velogames BikeForums Leagues: 1st - 2012 Veulta, 1st - 2011 Vuelta, 2nd - 2013 Vuelta, 3rd - 2012 Giro, 4th - 2012 TdF

  9. #9
    Cool Beans MangoPumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris..... View Post
    My son beta tested the latest one. He was pretty excited at the prospect of making money playing a game he was playing anyway. Some complaints have been made to the F.B.I Internet fraud division regarding items paid for but not received.
    Now they have a verifier you can get so people can trust you. Apparently a lot of fraud goes on, not only with paying for something and not receiving it but having your credit/debit account drained.

    (according to my 15 yr old) He does online auctions for another game but no monies are traded just items.
    I've got your restraining order right here. [grabs crotch] Restrain this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •