Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Yet another pet peeve

    That clicking sound that car locks make when people lock their cars with the remote. It is not like they are the only people in the world. How am I supposed to enjoy the serene tranquility of asphalt parking lot of Pepe's Burrito Shack with all the clicking going on? Why can't they just lock the door with a key like all the rest of us people who want you out of our yard.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  2. #2
    2 Fat 2 Furious contango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    Posts
    3,990
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you just need to invent a remote control lock for a bike. So you too can walk a few yards, fire the thing back at the bike, and let the bike flash lights very brightly (a strobe light is ideal) and make a very loud noise. Maybe steal a siren and blue light from a police car(*) and mount them to your bike, that would do the trick.

    (*) This should not be taken as incitement to commit any unlawful acts... just saying...
    "For a list of ways technology has failed to improve quality of life, press three"

  3. #3
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would have to be red and blue lights in the states to indicate a police car, but I will take your suggestions under advisement.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  4. #4
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    That clicking sound that car locks make when people lock their cars with the remote. It is not like they are the only people in the world. How am I supposed to enjoy the serene tranquility of asphalt parking lot of Pepe's Burrito Shack with all the clicking going on? Why can't they just lock the door with a key like all the rest of us people who want you out of our yard.
    must be a Texican thing...here in GA, we just tell the kids in the car to lock the door.http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/19...ids-in-hot-car

  5. #5
    Cool Beans MangoPumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always walk around with cotton balls stuffed in your ears.
    I've got your restraining order right here. [grabs crotch] Restrain this!

  6. #6
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    ... Why can't they just lock the door with a key like all the rest of us people who want you out of our yard.
    Our new car has a proximity key. The doors lock/unlock only by remote, or by pushing the little black button on the door handle. Regardless of which method is used, the car chirps. Although, I suppose I could take the time to dig the keys out of my pocket, eject the emergency key, use it to lock the door, put the key back together, and put them back in my pocket. Or I could just touch that little black button & be done with it. I'd be willing to bet the car chirps when locked via key, too.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  7. #7
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monogodo View Post
    Our new car has a proximity key. The doors lock/unlock only by remote, or by pushing the little black button on the door handle. Regardless of which method is used, the car chirps. Although, I suppose I could take the time to dig the keys out of my pocket, eject the emergency key, use it to lock the door, put the key back together, and put them back in my pocket. Or I could just touch that little black button & be done with it. I'd be willing to bet the car chirps when locked via key, too.
    Nope, the alarm goes off usually...
    "It is not the critic who counts."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •