Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-12, 11:14 AM   #1
kknh3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kknh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Charles, MO
Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I Saw Something Strange Today Too

I was in a thrift store near my work. There was a fairly normal looking guy, probably in his early to mid 50s that was "inspecting" ladies underwear. He would take the underwear off the hanger and check it out, usually holding it up really close to his face. He even got out a magnifying glass to check them out. I can only imagine what he was up to. It was all I could do to not go over and say, "Dude, what's that all about?"

I saw him checking out a couple of skimpy almost thong-like pairs.

I considered trying to get a picture of him in action, but thought better of it.
kknh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 11:39 AM   #2
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Strange topic you bring to class today fella.

What you saw was an "undie huffer" which is legal and quite common in the city limits of St.Charles.
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 12:25 PM   #3
kknh3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kknh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Charles, MO
Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
Strange topic you bring to class today fella.

What you saw was an "undie huffer" which is legal and quite common in the city limits of St.Charles.
Maybe so, but this was St. Louis county, Breckenridge Hills to be exact. Sniffing was my first thought also, but I don't think he was smelling them. If he was, it was very well concealed. I stood 6 or 8 feet behind him without his knowledge. If he was sniffing, I think I would have been able to tell.
kknh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 12:28 PM   #4
ahsposo 
Big Blubbery Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On a floe
Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
Posts: 7,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
He was a Quality Control guy doing field work.

Seeing how them undies stood up to the stresses and rigors of shipping and handling.

Wait.

These were used panties? WTF? Who would buy used underwear?
ahsposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 12:39 PM   #5
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 12:55 PM   #6
kknh3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kknh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Charles, MO
Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
He was a Quality Control guy doing field work.

Seeing how them undies stood up to the stresses and rigors of shipping and handling.

Wait.

These were used panties? WTF? Who would buy used underwear?
Most likely used. However, this thrift store only puts out items, especially clothing, that are in really good shape. I too have often wondered who would buy underwear at a thrift store, but if that's your price point go for it. They have mens and womens underwear, pajamas, lingerie, etc. None of those are on my shopping list at the thrift store. However, I have bought several pairs of cycling shorts, both road and MTB. All were like new, some even new-with-tags.
kknh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 02:00 PM   #7
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Wait.

These were used panties? WTF? Who would buy used underwear?
Be afraid, be very afraid. There are people who make good money selling "pre-worn" undergarments to the weird people who want to buy them. (And no, I'm not one of them. )
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 02:07 PM   #8
ahsposo 
Big Blubbery Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On a floe
Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
Posts: 7,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
(And no, I'm not one of them. )
Another illusion shattered.
ahsposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 02:15 PM   #9
no motor?
Senior Member
 
no motor?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: Specialized Hardrock
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
Be afraid, be very afraid. There are people who make good money selling "pre-worn" undergarments to the weird people who want to buy them. (And no, I'm not one of them. )
My former sister in law is quite attractive, and was approached by a guy in a parking lot one day as she was loading groceries into her car. She exercises pretty regularly, and he gave her $50 for her used workout shoes. She was ready to sell him the rest of her workout clothes too, but he only wanted her shoes. She didn't pay $50 for the shoes when they were new, and she was planning on replacing them soon anyway.
no motor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 03:12 PM   #10
BenzFanatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicagoland area
Bikes:
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jesus H Christ people are creepy. I have heard of a few similar incidents to the one no motor? described... That's some pretty severe sexual deviant behavior if you ask me. Sounds like a stalker in the making.
BenzFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 03:27 PM   #11
himespau 
Senior Member
 
himespau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Bikes:
Posts: 9,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Maybe the dude in the OP was looking for hairs to make into a doll? Yowsa!!!

Either that or he was making sure the fibers were all unstressed and it really was unused.

Or he gets off on making people uncomfortable and was waiting for someone to confront him so he could get his jollies.
himespau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 04:21 PM   #12
no motor?
Senior Member
 
no motor?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: Specialized Hardrock
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFanatic View Post
Jesus H Christ people are creepy. I have heard of a few similar incidents to the one no motor? described... That's some pretty severe sexual deviant behavior if you ask me. Sounds like a stalker in the making.
We all thought it was pretty weird, but she never mentioned seeing him again in the years since then. She thought it was cool that someone was going to pay her to shop for new shoes, and I think you need to be female to get excited about something like that.
no motor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:02 PM   #13
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
He was a Quality Control guy doing field work.

Seeing how them undies stood up to the stresses and rigors of shipping and handling.

Wait.

These were used panties? WTF? Who would buy used underwear?
I already told you,a St.Louey Mo.undie huffer.
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:07 PM   #14
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
Be afraid, be very afraid. There are people who make good money selling "pre-worn" undergarments to the weird people who want to buy them. (And no, I'm not one of them. )
Not that I doubt you but just were are your used scanties sent?
There could be some huffer at your local goodwill/salvation army store that you have been supplying his habit.

No one is innocent in this thread!
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:10 PM   #15
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
My former sister in law is quite attractive, and was approached by a guy in a parking lot one day as she was loading groceries into her car. She exercises pretty regularly, and he gave her $50 for her used workout shoes. She was ready to sell him the rest of her workout clothes too, but he only wanted her shoes. She didn't pay $50 for the shoes when they were new, and she was planning on replacing them soon anyway.
What are the chances of pictures of your sister in law exercising in Foo?
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:18 PM   #16
no motor?
Senior Member
 
no motor?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: Specialized Hardrock
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
What are the chances of pictures of your sister in law exercising in Foo?
Pretty slim.
no motor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:22 PM   #17
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
Pretty slim.
Buy you a beer/weed if you sneek some pictures out?
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 05:26 PM   #18
ahsposo 
Big Blubbery Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On a floe
Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
Posts: 7,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Well, I for one can account for my used undies.

Of course I wear them until they are a sort of dish water grey (originally bright white and tight) and are falling apart and my wife refuses to waste wash water on them.

Then they go to the garage as chain wipers and frame cleaners.

No pervert gonna sniff my old undies, I guarantee.
ahsposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 06:03 PM   #19
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Well, I for one can account for my used undies.

Of course I wear them until they are a sort of dish water grey (originally bright white and tight) and are falling apart and my wife refuses to waste wash water on them.

Then they go to the garage as chain wipers and frame cleaners.

No pervert gonna sniff my old undies, I guarantee.
Dude,please,
We are discussing a womens undie sniffer here.
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 06:04 PM   #20
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The local dogs may have a field day with your bike though.
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 06:07 PM   #21
spry
location:northern Ohio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The pressing isssue still remains.
What was kknh3 doing in the used womens undie section at Goodwill?
spry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:23 PM   #22
ahsposo 
Big Blubbery Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On a floe
Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
Posts: 7,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
Dude,please,
We are discussing a womens undie sniffer here.
I didn't mean to embarrass you, dude.

Sorry.
ahsposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:49 PM   #23
kknh3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kknh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Charles, MO
Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
The pressing isssue still remains.
What was kknh3 doing in the used womens undie section at Goodwill?
I was walking down the main aisle between the men's and women's sections and just happened to look down that row and see the dude with the wears.
kknh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:59 PM   #24
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
Not that I doubt you but just were are your used scanties sent?
There could be some huffer at your local goodwill/salvation army store that you have been supplying his habit.

No one is innocent in this thread!
When they're worn out they get thrown in the trash. If some weirdo wants to dive in the local trash dump looking for stuff like this, they've got more problems than just liking old underwear.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 03:42 PM   #25
no motor?
Senior Member
 
no motor?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: Specialized Hardrock
Posts: 4,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spry View Post
Buy you a beer/weed if you sneek some pictures out?
Think you're going to have to make do with Chris's photoshoped pics here.
no motor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.