Just got a call from a friend. Oldest son was as their house for a birthday party and as all the kids gathered around the table with the birthday cake on it, my son backed into a candle that ignited his sweatshirt. The hostess got the shirt off him, but not before he received second degree burns to the right shoulder blade.
Cooled it with running water, had a nurse look at, got him on some pain killer and got pain relieving burn cream on it. Took him quite a while to calm down, which was completely understandable.
Through it all, he is still very much a boy. I took a pic of the burn to send to another nurse friend and he immediately had me text the picture to his friends!
Could have been so much worse. I keep telling myself that he was very lucky. The hole in his sweatshirt is the size of a volleyball and the burn can be covered by a 3" x 8" sterile pad. I still feel so bad for my son. This is one of those time when I wish I could take the pain for him.
Ya'll send out some Foo energy, prayers, whatever you got for Wade.