I was sitting in the living room and hear klaxons and see red lights rolling down the folks' road again.
However this time they were headed to my brother's house. He had himself a good old fashioned chimney fire this evening. Yes he did.
I went down there to find him in the front yard with smoke coming out of his front door and a fireman putting an oxygen mask on him.
Turns out there is no damage, Victor's chimney is built like a blast furnace. The firemen say there is no sign of danger on their thermal cameras. Even though there is fire licking out of the top of his chimney, it's just going to burn itself out--no harm done.
They have the mask on Vic because he was hyperventilating.
The EMTs are sitting with him until he's calmed down some.
I'm going to go take him some marshmallows and brandy.