Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-12, 10:48 PM   #1
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
Thread Starter
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crossed Texts

This evening was bad, though not nearly as bad as it could've been.

I reheated some BBQ chicken, so I knew my hands would be unavailable to text with my girl for a while. I picked up the phone and texted,"Baby, I'm eating some leftover BBQ chicken so I won't be able to text for a while. Can I call you later?" (Yes, with punctuation and capitalization)

Recipient: My boss that had texted me earlier with my assignment for tomorrow. He's cool though and said,"No worries ba-by".

What's your worst crossed text?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 11:25 PM   #2
jdon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 4,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
This evening was bad, though not nearly as bad as it could've been.

I reheated some BBQ chicken, so I knew my hands would be unavailable to text with my girl for a while. I picked up the phone and texted,"Baby, I'm eating some leftover BBQ chicken so I won't be able to text for a while. Can I call you later?" (Yes, with punctuation and capitalization)

Recipient: My boss that had texted me earlier with my assignment for tomorrow. He's cool though and said,"No worries ba-by".

What's your worst crossed text?
That is just too easy to do with iPhones.

I teally watch what I put in texts so it hasn't happened directly. I did send an email to one of my reports on an expense issue and cc\d an accountanting type he was having troubles with. He sent me back a reply totally ripping the accountant but sent a "reply to all". Tough to recover from that...
jdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 03:36 PM   #3
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
Thread Starter
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not a crossed text, but still funny.

jsharr's friends are traveling to my town. They texted me,"Any restraint recommendations?"

I said,"Handcuffs?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 07:53 PM   #4
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
Not a crossed text, but still funny.

jsharr's friends are traveling to my town. They texted me,"Any restraint recommendations?"

I said,"Handcuffs?"
It's New Years Eve. You could have recommended a nice, starched white straitjacket with a simple black bow tie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 08:26 PM   #5
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
Thread Starter
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
It's New Years Eve. You could have recommended a nice, starched white straitjacket with a simple black bow tie.
Are you sure that would be enough? I did say these were jsharr's friends...didn't I?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 11:21 PM   #6
MangoPumpkin 
Cool Beans
 
MangoPumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancaster County, PA
Bikes: Raleigh Cadent
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I once sent my dad a mild 'sext' that was meant for my SO....

He sent back, 'I don't think I'm your babe.' x.x

Now I check VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY carefully.
__________________
I've got your restraining order right here. [grabs crotch] Restrain this!
MangoPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 07:24 AM   #7
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
Thread Starter
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, that would've been bad had he sexted back.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 09:50 AM   #8
Cache 
Senior Member
 
Cache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Metro Exurb
Bikes: 1982 Torker BMX, 1990 Cannondale Black Lightning, 1996 Cannondale F400
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Autocorrect error: My adult son lives near my father / his grandfather. They planned to see a movie. I txted him, 'movie w/ gramps?' but it was autocorrected to 'movie with tramps?'. He wrote back he'd be down for that.
Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.