Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   To much hair (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/89880-much-hair.html)

Zub Zub 02-24-05 02:08 AM

To much hair
 
Hello, I have a problem with my hair. Its long (waist lengh), Blonde and really thick. Today at school i had it tied up in a high pony tail and now I have a really sore head. My mum gets the same problem. Anyone have any ideas (short of getting my hair cut) to stop it hurting after Ive had it tied up?

Marie

NZLcyclist 02-24-05 02:16 AM

mmm shaved head? :D that avoids cutting it.........

Zub Zub 02-24-05 02:19 AM

Im gonna shave my head later in the year for canteen. But untill then any more suggestions?

NZLcyclist 02-24-05 02:21 AM

head massage with your dil.... head massager?

Raiyn 02-24-05 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zub Zub
Hello, I have a problem with my hair. Its long (waist lengh), Blonde and really thick. Today at school i had it tied up in a high pony tail and now I have a really sore head. My mum gets the same problem. Anyone have any ideas (short of getting my hair cut) to stop it hurting after Ive had it tied up?

Marie

Are you using a thin hair tie or a Scrunchi?
I have hair down to my waist as well and I stopped having those problems when I switched to a Scrunci. The ones I use are at least an inch wide and I only wrap it three times which is tight enough to secure the hair without giving you goggle eyes.

Zub Zub 02-24-05 02:26 AM

Ive been using a Scrunchi cos the thin ones get stuck in my hair. Ill try doing it not as tight. The only other thing i can really do is use chopsticks in my hair.

Raiyn 02-24-05 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zub Zub
Ive been using a Scrunchi cos the thin ones get stuck in my hair. Ill try doing it not as tight. The only other thing i can really do is use chopsticks in my hair.

I can't use the thin ones either same problem. My hair is thick and prone to banana curls. I won't do the chopstick thing as that flat out wouldn't look right on a guy

Zub Zub 02-24-05 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiyn
I can't use the thin ones either same problem. My hair is thick and prone to banana curls. I won't do the chopstick thing as that flat out wouldn't look right on a guy

Hmm good point on the chopsticks....

Raiyn 02-24-05 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zub Zub
Hmm good point on the chopsticks....

Thankfully I have no problem finding hair ties in colors other than pastels or pinks. Only trouble I have is keeping one handy. My girlfriend keeps swiping mine. (Personally I don't think any of the current supply were ever her's in the first place)

Rowan 02-24-05 06:41 AM

Plait it.

Seems to work for others I know because the pressure is not on the roots. Easier to get through the helmet straps, too, I gather

Must really annoy the ex that you post on here with subjects like this... huh? Or is that why you do?

Disclaimer: This is offered by a balding guy with hair about 4mm thick on *some* parts of his head...but can still remember plaiting a tail about two inches about 25 years ago!

Rowan 02-24-05 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiyn
I can't use the thin ones either same problem. My hair is thick and prone to banana curls. I won't do the chopstick thing as that flat out wouldn't look right on a guy

Wonders will never cease.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 PM.