Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I almost teared up


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who the **** will shoot a dog?id love to spend some time with them alone

  3. #3
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mood, check out fighting for dawn they're a local rescue group who do great work.

    http://fightingfordawn.com/
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  4. #4
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do dogs have that much more soul (or mental capacity to feel) than deer, tigers, or elephants?

    people eat dogs too .. and not only in asia if you consider the new world's own past (the cheyenne and our other natives).

    fortunately, i eat only fish and fowl... but mostly fowl, as fish has become rather expensive.

  5. #5
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,374
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschlwc View Post
    do dogs have that much more soul (or mental capacity to feel) than deer, tigers, or elephants?

    people eat dogs too .. and not only in asia if you consider the new world's own past (the cheyenne and our other natives).

    fortunately, i eat only fish and fowl... but mostly fowl, as fish has become rather expensive.
    Thank you for sharing that.

    I personally only import and consume small children from areas that don't have small person controls and, let me tell you, they are succulent, yet inexpensive, per pound.

    Due to this global awareness crap it is getting more difficult to find a reliable supply, dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  6. #6
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahspoopo, my post was a counter to windchaser's question, "who the f would shoot a dog?" in my opinion a dog has as much soul as a deer. how could one, in good faith, argue differently?

    in addition, dogs are consumed as food.

    now, your point is rather confusing. are you referring to the victorian swift 'proposal' or just being obtusely perverse?

  7. #7
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,374
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  8. #8
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschlwc View Post
    do dogs have that much more soul (or mental capacity to feel) than deer, tigers, or elephants?
    Dogs understand humans better than those other animals
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my best freind was a dog

  10. #10
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it may or may not be true that an owner's dog understands him better than an owner's elephant ... or deer. (yes, some people in this world have pet deer.) but i, as both a past wired-hair fox terrier and boxer owner, will concede your point. but even if my dog understands me better than another's pet tiger, i feel this is no reason to slaughter the latter.

    so, again, to ask windchaser's question in an expanded way, "who the f would shoot a ... mammal?"

  11. #11
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll shoot deer, rabbit, or squirrel....they are very tasty. And my dog will eat some of them as well.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschlwc View Post
    it may or may not be true that an owner's dog understands him better than an owner's elephant ... or deer. (yes, some people in this world have pet deer.) but i, as both a past wired-hair fox terrier and boxer owner, will concede your point. but even if my dog understands me better than another's pet tiger, i feel this is no reason to slaughter the latter.

    so, again, to ask windchaser's question in an expanded way, "who the f would shoot a ... mammal?"
    id shoot a deer there tasty and nourish me

  13. #13
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean, "they're tasty."

    so maybe you've answered your own question. who would shoot a dog? a pasing cretin with great hunger wanting to curb his appetite. or maybe one just trying to show how macho he is.

  14. #14
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschlwc View Post
    you mean, "they're tasty."

    so maybe you've answered your own question. who would shoot a dog? a pasing cretin with great hunger wanting to curb his appetite. or maybe one just trying to show how macho he is.
    Like I give a **** about spelling at 10:50 pm on a Saturday night.
    But, you on the otoh, are attributing questions to a poster who didn't ask them.....care to get your **** straight?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if he aite the dog it woulnt bother me as much he just shot it becuase he is evil

  16. #16
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    Like I give a **** about spelling at 10:50 pm on a Saturday night.
    But, you on the otoh, are attributing questions to a poster who didn't ask them.....care to get your **** straight?
    i'm sorry to upset you so. i didn't know you, modo, spelled anything incorrectly. nor did i know your timetable of posting rules. in post 2, windchaser asked a question that i thought i could tackle in an alternative way. this "shít," as you say, was "straight," or so i thought. and it's apparent (from post 9) he favors those animals he knows as 'friends' over those he doesn't.

    i apologize if logic, humanism or my nitpicking has made you angry. please don't take it out on any defenseless animals.
    Last edited by eschlwc; 07-13-13 at 09:13 PM.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leave those chihuahuas alone they have every right to eat your tomatoes.

  18. #18
    billy chuck eschlwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    on the beach
    My Bikes
    '73 falcon sr, '76 g.record, '80 g.jubilé, '84 davidson
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    if he aite the dog it woulnt bother me as much...
    a signature waiting to happen
    happer: keep watching the sky, macintyre.

  19. #19
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschlwc View Post
    i'm sorry to upset you so. i didn't know you, modo, spelled anything incorrectly. nor did i know your timetable of posting rules. in post 2, windchaser asked a question that i thought i could tackle in an alternative way. this "shít," as you say, was "straight," or so i thought. and it's apparent (from post 9) he favors those animals he knows as 'friends' over those he doesn't.

    i apologize if logic, humanism or my nitpicking has made you angry. please don't take it out on any defenseless animals.
    upset?
    Has the drugs or alcohol worn off so you can type logically this morning?

  20. #20
    Mystery Meat gitarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Oh!
    My Bikes
    Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the hell could dump any dog? What kind of soulless s.o.b would do that? The dogs were so well natured and trusting.

    They probably belong to some old lady and when she passed her junkie son or crack ***** daughter moved in a bumped those sweeties. Only thing I can figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseis View Post
    Is a ukulele player in a mandolin town and banned from all bars by the chief of police unless he leaves his strings and gravy at the front door.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •