I just heard part of this masterpiece
"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.
Another 60's flashback that should have stayed in the 60's.
I'm nominating that "Give Me A Reason" song by Pink and Fun. Not sure who is higher pitched and it annoys the heck out of me.
'13 Fuji Roubaix 3.0 LE
'83 Schwinn (Pending SS Conversion)
I'll jsut leave this here.
This trash used to be played on the radio on the way to vocational school when I was on the bus to get there. Every day, for about a year. To date, no song has ever made me more livid.
I cannot imagine a more trashtastic piece of ****, and yet people are willing to pretend it belongs on speakers.
Bring back the Sig Test!
I noticed there's not much C&W represented in this thread so I'll just post the titles of some of the worst...
1. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
2. Can't Get Over You, So Why Don't You Get Under Me?
3. Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling
4. Got In At 2 With a 10, And Woke Up At 10 With a 2.
5. I Hate Every Bone In Your Body Except For Mine
6. Just Bought A Car From A Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don't Run, So I Figure We Got An Even Deal
7. Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You
8. Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well
9. Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Getting' Better
10. Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win
11. I'll Marry You Tomorrow But Let's Honeymoon Tonight
12. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
13. I've Got Tears in My Ears From Lying On My Back While I Cry Over You
14. If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You
15. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now
16. Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)
17. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love Jesus
18. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, and I Sure Do Miss Him
19. Please Bypass this Heart
20. She Got The Ring and I Got The Finger
21. You're the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
22. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
23. Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In Bed
24. Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye
25. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed Your Ass Out All Day Long
26. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
27. She's Looking Better After Every Beer
Can't stand listening to this especially the chorus part.
Ride Safe - Be Alert, Be Seen, Be Predictable
He reminded me of another artist Daniel Johnston; both lived through schizophrenia, and Johnston actually worked at McDonalds for a while.
The video "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" is a fascinating documentary of his life.
Here's one of his songs.
and the one he is probably best known for Casper the Friendly Ghost
its hard to pick out a single song when artists' entire back catalogues are awful:
^^^^^This was a post "fixed" by FatherAlabaster (post #15 ) to which I pretty much disagree. I do agree that the world can do without Celine Dion.
Elton John has done some masterpiece stuff, and while I'm not a fan, Billy Joel is nothing short of great.
I particularly like EJ's album, "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player." I like this song in particular:
Last edited by sknhgy; 09-07-13 at 09:50 PM.
more cops have been killed by donuts than guns in chicago it is a medical fact ask any doctor.
In retrospect, pretty much all of the punk that came out in my high school years.
Johnny Rivers butchering Chuck Berry's Maybelline and Memphis
Linda Ronstadt whimpering through Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher, The Miracles' Ohh Baby Baby and Track of My Tears, and the worst cover of all time of one of the greatest songs of all time Martha and the Vandellas' Heat Wave
Janis Joplin screeching Erma Franklin's Piece of My Heart
There are too many more lame covers of R&B to list but the above are a start.
Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 09-07-13 at 10:48 PM.
Swigging a bottle of Wild Turkey on stage doesn't make her sound any better. Maybe if I drank a bottle of it she might not sound like a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. She BUTCHERS a great song.
Find a copy of of Erma Franklin (Aretha's sister) singing the original, I've still got my 45rpm single bought back in the day.