Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Worst song of all time (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/903563-worst-song-all-time.html)

I-Like-To-Bike 09-09-13 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeguyinvenice (Post 16048125)
Well that's just a crime against music, Rush is a mandatory like for anyone that was alive in the 70's and beyond. Rush rules.

Why listen to anything from the 70's when there was so much Great R&B from the 60's worth listening to instead? There were a few 70's exceptions; the O-Jays and Spinners, Harold Melvin and the BlueNotes, Stevie Wonder (Superstition phase) and in the late 70's Donna Summer; other than that not much that matched the 60's IMO.

I-Like-To-Bike 09-09-13 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith99 (Post 16047240)
Same kind of self indulgence is why my vote for worst goes to Jose Feliciano doing 'Light My Fire'.

How about the Vanilla Fudge version of You Keep Me Hanging On for true awfulness in the self indulgent mode?

Pink Floyd doing anything might be a close second.

I-Like-To-Bike 09-09-13 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artkansas (Post 16045157)
Technically, you are correct, song and sing having the same root. In common use though, it seems that there are also instrumental songs.

Well I'm thinking of songs as released as a single or back in the day as a 45. There were some musicians who could make their instruments "sing" and released good-great instrumental singles. Shining examples were Booker T. and The MG's/Barkays, BB King, Little Walter, King Curtis and Eddie Harris.

bikeguyinvenice 09-10-13 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike (Post 16049368)
Why listen to anything from the 70's when there was so much Great R&B from the 60's worth listening to instead? There were a few 70's exceptions; the O-Jays and Spinners, Harold Melvin and the BlueNotes, Stevie Wonder (Superstition phase) and in the late 70's Donna Summer; other than that not much that matched the 60's IMO.

Well to each their own, personally I find that most R&B music causes my ears to bleed profusely, I rate most of it right up there with "Chocolate Rain".

Sixty Fiver 09-10-13 07:54 AM

Another contender... my ears are still bleeding.


trsidn 09-11-13 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevel610 (Post 16047624)
Billy Don't Be A Hero

Couldn't get video to embed. Link only.

no loss

bikeguyinvenice 09-11-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trsidn (Post 16054544)
no loss

Just because I know you really wanted to hear it:


trsidn 09-11-13 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeguyinvenice (Post 16054689)
Just because I know you really wanted to hear it:


Whew! At least it wasn't Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods!

bikeguyinvenice 09-11-13 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trsidn (Post 16054703)
Whew! At least it wasn't Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods!

Oh you mean this version :


Is one better than the other? I don't think so!

bikingshearer 09-13-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeguyinvenice (Post 16048125)
Well that's just a crime against music, Rush is a mandatory like for anyone that was alive in the 70's and beyond. Rush rules.

Getty Lee's voice sounds like I imingine jamming red-hot knitting needles through your eardrums would feel.

Sixty Fiver 09-13-13 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike (Post 16049368)
Why listen to anything from the 70's when there was so much Great R&B from the 60's worth listening to instead? There were a few 70's exceptions; the O-Jays and Spinners, Harold Melvin and the BlueNotes, Stevie Wonder (Superstition phase) and in the late 70's Donna Summer; other than that not much that matched the 60's IMO.

The 70's were good for many things...

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/50.../Queen+PNG.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eppelin_-_.jpg

Artkansas 09-13-13 08:43 PM

Another terrible song that everyone seemed to cover is "Seasons in the Sun". Nirvana, the Kingston Trio and the Beach Boys all got ambushed by this bad boy.

wethepeople 09-13-13 10:14 PM

Safety Dance.

bikeguyinvenice 11-17-13 10:38 AM

This might even rival "Chocolate Rain" for worst song ever!


bikeguyinvenice 11-17-13 10:41 AM

Here is another in the running.


bikeguyinvenice 11-17-13 10:44 AM

And another. It's amazing the turd you can find if you really look.


skijor 11-17-13 11:34 AM


the sci guy 11-17-13 12:32 PM

I didn't read through the whole thread but if this hasn't been posted, then the thread just isn't complete:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/59...lacement-shine

Can't embed it, sorry. The song was so terrible they had to take it down from YouTube. Thankfully this website still has it. This song is firing on all cylinders for awfulness. The singing, the lyrics, the music, the video. I mean. It's a trainwreck.

Also for those that remember the awesomeness of Rebecca Black's "Friday" from last year well, here's a few from the same producer...it got worse. If that was possible:

and then...yeah...wait for it...
YES THE SONG IS CALLED ABCDEFG

bikeguyinvenice 11-17-13 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 16253797)
I didn't read through the whole thread but if this hasn't been posted, then the thread just isn't complete:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/59...lacement-shine

Can't embed it, sorry. The song was so terrible they had to take it down from YouTube. Thankfully this website still has it. This song is firing on all cylinders for awfulness. The singing, the lyrics, the music, the video. I mean. It's a trainwreck.

Also for those that remember the awesomeness of Rebecca Black's "Friday" from last year well, here's a few from the same producer...it got worse. If that was possible:


and then...yeah...wait for it...

YES THE SONG IS CALLED ABCDEFG

Some songs are just so silly you can't help but laugh at how stupid they really are, those two above are perfect examples.

Zinger 11-17-13 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 16253797)

Also for those that remember the awesomeness of Rebecca Black's "Friday" from last year well, here's a few from the same producer...it got worse. If that was possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLhrHVySgA

and then...yeah...wait for it...

http://youtu.be/HEmAHAs_rz8

YES THE SONG IS CALLED ABCDEFG

Lol

I was gonna say Blue Cheer's cover of Summertime Blues but I think we might already have a winner here.

trsidn 11-20-13 10:26 AM


Garfield Cat 11-23-13 08:59 PM

Lonnie Donegan: Does Your Chewing Gum Lose its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bFTVi0hHs

Sixty Fiver 11-23-13 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 16253797)
I didn't read through the whole thread but if this hasn't been posted, then the thread just isn't complete:

Also for those that remember the awesomeness of Rebecca Black's "Friday" from last year well, here's a few from the same producer...it got worse. If that was possible:

My ears are bleeding.

Doctor Sixty recommends that you take a shot of Lemmy to clear your head of that.


Artkansas 11-23-13 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 16253797)
I didn't read through the whole thread but if this hasn't been posted, then the thread just isn't complete:

Can't embed it, sorry. The song was so terrible they had to take it down from YouTube. Thankfully this website still has it. This song is firing on all cylinders for awfulness. The singing, the lyrics, the music, the video. I mean. It's a trainwreck.

YES THE SONG IS CALLED ABCDEFG

That first song was terrible, but I'm afraid that ABCDEFG has it topped. Chinese Food was terrible, but ABCDEFG is unlistenable. It reeks of parents with too much money indulging their princess' dream to be a pop idol. The autotune is ludicrous.

Doesn't that Wilson's Wagon van need a sign saying "Free Candy"? And it looks like themes of lesbianism and cannibalism.

At least Michael Jackson understood restraint and limited himself to a mere ABC.


bikeguyinvenice 11-24-13 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver (Post 16272945)
My ears are bleeding.

Doctor Sixty recommends that you take a shot of Lemmy to clear your head of that.



That was the WORST sounding cover of any song I have ever heard. Why , Why , Why, I ask would the destroy a good Metallica song by recording such an awful cover?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.