Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Things you wish you could have done.

    Was a Sears at the mall last week and saw this elderly gentleman (probably about 80 years old) in the automotive dept. He caught eye with me, smiled and nodded, I did the same in return. Did some small shopping, mostly browsing, and made it back through Sears on my way out (I parked out that way). The old man was still there, and it had been a couple of hours. In passing, I said to him "You're still here?" And he said to me... "Yes, they are putting on two new tires and aligning the car. I guess it takes a while." I asked him why only two tires. He said that the white threads were showing in his tires and he got the two worst ones replaced. He could not afford the other two. I told him that was not very safe and he said "I know...but what can I do if I can't afford it?".

    I started to go and tell the tech that I wanted to buy the other two tires for him. But when I looked in my purse, I realized that I didn't bring my charge card because I usually pay cash for things. I didnt have enough money.

    And it was close to closing time so I know that by the time I went home to get it and come back, everyone would be gone.

    I hope nothing bad happens on those other two bald tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  2. #2
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's not a matter of things I wish I 'could have done' ... but rather 'would have done'. There have been many moments in my life where I've chosen the 'easy' way out to avoid helping someone out. There are a few specific times that will always stay with me as regrets. I now force myself out of my comfort zone to get involved more ... but still doesn't come easy to me.

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point is, you realized that and you are making an effort. That in itself is restitution for the past. Thank you for caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    For me it's not a matter of things I wish I 'could have done' ... but rather 'would have done'. There have been many moments in my life where I've chosen the 'easy' way out to avoid helping someone out. There are a few specific times that will always stay with me as regrets. I now force myself out of my comfort zone to get involved more ... but still doesn't come easy to me.
    Btw, Siu. You have been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure others, with your generosity, and I'm sure it's just normal for you to be so giving, but to outsiders it's inspirational. Thanks!

  5. #5
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    For me it's not a matter of things I wish I 'could have done' ... but rather 'would have done'. There have been many moments in my life where I've chosen the 'easy' way out to avoid helping someone out. There are a few specific times that will always stay with me as regrets. I now force myself out of my comfort zone to get involved more ... but still doesn't come easy to me.
    That. ^^^^ minus the bold at the end as now I try to help when I can.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Btw, Siu. You have been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure others, with your generosity, and I'm sure it's just normal for you to be so giving, but to outsiders it's inspirational. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    That. ^^^^ minus the bold at the end as now I try to help when I can.
    You guys are both awesome!!

    You know......it's not that I'm generous because if I were, I would have been able to help the old man but I couldn't. And when I do give, I don't give because I have a lot. I give because I remember what it's like to be without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •