Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: i got hit again

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    i got hit again

    this time the rear wheel he was pulling out of intersection i was in the middle he ran right into rear of bike and kept going. im kinda depressed bike is un rideable

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    My Bikes
    1995 Specialized design Full Force
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that stinks. Seems like a lot of people really despise bikers and go out of their way to do crap like that.

  3. #3
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,196
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    this time the rear wheel he was pulling out of intersection i was in the middle he ran right into rear of bike and kept going. im kinda depressed bike is un rideable
    It sounds like the rider is okay then. That's good news.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member daihard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you're okay. It sure stinks, though. RIP your bike. Shame on the driver who caused you the trouble.
    Badly-behaved cyclists are usually just cyclists with inadequate infrastructure. Or none at all. - Mikael Colville-Andersen

  5. #5
    Senior Member eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,400
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    this time the rear wheel he was pulling out of intersection i was in the middle he ran right into rear of bike and kept going. im kinda depressed bike is un rideable
    Sorry to hear about your mishap. Is the entire bike damaged or just the rear wheel?

    I hope you are soon back on the road.
    My current stable:

    1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty for the comments everyone i cant tell if the frame is bent but i dont see any bends on the frame. , im fine a course scared the hect out of me im thinking of giveing up on biking because just a second or so earlier he would of ran me over instead of hit rear wheel .at first i felt very unlucky now i feel lucky im scratch free ill know for sure in the am if im ok.but im sure i am

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,682
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you are ok. Windy.
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I believe that in this case "solid meh" means "so 'meh' that it could never be anything more than 'meh', and yet also no less than 'meh' -- in a word, exactly 'meh'"

  8. #8
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you're okay.

    Did you file a report with the police? There might be cameras nearby that caught the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  9. #9
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad that you are okay, Windy.

    Yes, I'd file a police report on this hit and run. And as Cbad said, there might be cameras somewhere, if not at the intersection, perhaps the neighbors had one on storefronts or porches.

    I know that it's scary and you are afraid of cycling but if you let him stop you from doing what you love, you are giving him power. I've been hit as well - one hit and run, and another, the guy yelled at me and didn't offer help. Both times I was freaked but I refuse to let them control my life in terms of stopping my riding. It took a little time but I got right back out there, with a more wider screen of caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  10. #10
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,196
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    I know that it's scary and you are afraid of cycling but if you let him stop you from doing what you love, you are giving him power. I've been hit as well - one hit and run, and another, the guy yelled at me and didn't offer help. Both times I was freaked but I refuse to let them control my life in terms of stopping my riding. It took a little time but I got right back out there, with a more wider screen of caution.
    +1 there.

    When I was bike-jacked, I determined that though they gotten my bike, they were not going to get my bicycling. It took me a year to ride through to the other end of the paranoia. The good thing was that I shaved 10 minutes off of a 50 minute commute in a single night.

    I've also been run over, but that was nothing compared to being intentionally slammed to the curb by a car's fender and then attacked. The wheel took the brunt of being run over, so the bike and I survived.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been trying to fix the bike but im new to trueing a wheel and still not sure if i have frame damage.i loved my bike dont have the money to fix it now with propty taxes being due

  12. #12
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    been trying to fix the bike but im new to trueing a wheel and still not sure if i have frame damage.i loved my bike dont have the money to fix it now with propty taxes being due
    Can you take it to a bike shop and get an estimate on the damage? That will give you an idea on what the repairs will cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  13. #13
    Pentapointed Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,364
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can I help you with a replacement wheel?
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An impact to the rear wheel making it non rideable most likely means that the rim is trash. The spokes and hub however are probably just fine. You can replace it yourself, it isn't hard. All you will need is a new rim, and a very cheap spoke wrench. You can learn all you need to from youtube/this forum, and if you're careful you don't need a stand, just put the wheel in and use your bike as a stand.

    If you can't tell if the frame is damaged, it is likely okay. My LBS had a tool to inspect my frame for being straight after I got hit in a very similar accident, and verified it was still good to go, a service that they charged nothing for, which I suspect is standard.

    Good luck, and please go fill out a police report. This jerk should be buying you a new bike/paying for repairs.
    Last edited by Michigander; 10-25-13 at 09:00 PM.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Can you take it to a bike shop and get an estimate on the damage? That will give you an idea on what the repairs will cost.
    the bike shop i used went under it is also where i bought the bike

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    Can I help you with a replacement wheel?
    thas very kind of you but ill be able to get one in a month or 2 .ill just walk for now at least i can listen to music again nevr did while rideing
    Last edited by windhchaser; 10-25-13 at 09:49 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    An impact to the rear wheel making it non rideable most likely means that the rim is trash. The spokes and hub however are probably just fine. You can replace it yourself, it isn't hard. All you will need is a new rim, and a very cheap spoke wrench. You can learn all you need to from youtube/this forum, and if you're careful you don't need a stand, just put the wheel in and use your bike as a stand.

    If you can't tell if the frame is damaged, it is likely okay. My LBS had a tool to inspect my frame for being straight after I got hit in a very similar accident, and verified it was still good to go, a service that they charged nothing for, which I suspect is standard.

    Good luck, and please go fill out a police report. This jerk should be buying you a new bike/paying for repairs.
    im lucky i have a park tools stand and have a spoke wrench

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its so weird he didnt see me was day time and i had my blinkies on im going to buy a orange vest

  19. #19
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,196
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    its so weird he didnt see me was day time and i had my blinkies on im going to buy a orange vest
    He wasn't looking.

    When I got run over by a car, it was daylight and I was right where I should have been in the left turn lane. The driver coming up behind me didn't see me because he was on his way to his final exam for a course at UCLA.

    Get back on your bike ASAP! The mind can play nasty tricks when you give it time. When I got bike-jacked, I was commuting again the very next night.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    He wasn't looking.

    When I got run over by a car, it was daylight and I was right where I should have been in the left turn lane. The driver coming up behind me didn't see me because he was on his way to his final exam for a course at UCLA.

    Get back on your bike ASAP! The mind can play nasty tricks when you give it time. When I got bike-jacked, I was commuting again the very next night.
    scary stuff im glad you are ok

  21. #21
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,098
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad your OK dude. I know a few members already mentioned this but Ill go ahead and say it again...you've got to be more careful when you ride your bike, its a lot easier to get yourself killed than you think.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  22. #22
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    thas very kind of you but ill be able to get one in a month or 2 .ill just walk for now at least i can listen to music again nevr did while rideing
    I would venture to guess that whatever size rim you have, one or more people, likely to include me, have a spare basic one that they can send you. There is no reason to have a beached bike for that long when all you need is a basic rim to get you back rolling.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  23. #23
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    this time the rear wheel he was pulling out of intersection i was in the middle he ran right into rear of bike and kept going. im kinda depressed bike is un rideable
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    +1 there.

    When I was bike-jacked, I determined that though they gotten my bike, they were not going to get my bicycling. It took me a year to ride through to the other end of the paranoia. The good thing was that I shaved 10 minutes off of a 50 minute commute in a single night.

    I've also been run over, but that was nothing compared to being intentionally slammed to the curb by a car's fender and then attacked. The wheel took the brunt of being run over, so the bike and I survived.
    Where are you people riding? Yikes!


    Windchaser, when you say "again" you man this has happened before?

    I have come close a lot of times but never actually hit. And I have never been "bike jacked". Wow I can't imagine.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty for the kind offers i couldn't even put the spokes in if i had a rim. what im goign to do is order a wheel from amazon .com soon as i get my property taxes paid. but im very gratfull of the kind offers ty. but i would like to know what wheel to order its 29er mountain bike wheels ona felt nine flow

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    Glad your OK dude. I know a few members already mentioned this but Ill go ahead and say it again...you've got to be more careful when you ride your bike, its a lot easier to get yourself killed than you think.
    yeah im pretty carefull sadly by the time i could tell the guy dindt see me i was in front of him. i should of noticed he didnt see me before i got in front of him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •