Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    whats realy bad for you?

    is bacon bad for you? eggs? chocolate? whole milk? it seems they change there minds on whats bad for us daily. in my opion the things that are bad for us are chemicals i think real sugar is way safer then some of the stuff diet pop has in it

  2. #2
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything in moderation Windy. But yeah, stay away from sugar replacements.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women. Nuthin' but trouble. Better to spend all your $$$ on bicycles than blow it on some floosie with expensive tastes. N + Infinity . . .
    Are we having fun yet?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    Everything in moderation Windy. But yeah, stay away from sugar replacements.
    splenda is perfectly safe cause it goes right through your body, your body doesnt absorb it..all the other ones have side effects,,including Truvia

  5. #5
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    Everything in moderation Windy. But yeah, stay away from sugar replacements.
    +1
    Everything in moderation.

    Quote Originally Posted by skidder View Post
    Women. Nuthin' but trouble. Better to spend all your $$$ on bicycles than blow it on some floosie with expensive tastes. N + Infinity . . .
    If you're attracted to flooszies with expensive taste, it's not the floozy's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  6. #6
    Can'tre Member 3alarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,location, location...
    My Bikes
    old ones
    Posts
    9,195
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ...I've always assumed that when I wake up with a hangover and some memory
    impairment of the previous day, I probably did something that was bad for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman View Post
    No wonder everybody hates you.

  7. #7
    bill nyecycles the sci guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it's got high fructose corn syrup, run away.

    i'd suggest buying mexican coke, as it's made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup. tastes better, and isn't going to kill you more quickly.
    you don't have to eat organic, but don't subsist on frozen chicken patties and crap like that. by free range chicken, and beef. don't buy farm raised seafood and fish.
    1% milk is a great option as well.
    Twitter@theSurlyBiker

  8. #8
    Can'tre Member 3alarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,location, location...
    My Bikes
    old ones
    Posts
    9,195
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ...I don't think you're allowed to push Mexican Coke here. But most of the white powdery stuff people snort is bad for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman View Post
    No wonder everybody hates you.

  9. #9
    A tiny member bikeguyinvenice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Venice, Florida, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    late 90's Trek 720 Muti-Track
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sedentary lifestyle. Spend too much time not moving and it will put you in an early grave.
    My cycling blog http://kcmjr.wordpress.com/
    "Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.

  10. #10
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing in traffic on a bicycle can have its downside.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  11. #11
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,198
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    is bacon bad for you? eggs? chocolate? whole milk? it seems they change there minds on whats bad for us daily. in my opion the things that are bad for us are chemicals i think real sugar is way safer then some of the stuff diet pop has in it
    Eliminate all the processed foods and added / excess sugars from your diet and you can enjoy bacon, chocolate, and whole milk to your heart's health and content.

    The dangers of fats is based on bad theory and the dangers from excess carbohydrates has been known for a long time but only now is the science getting noticed.

    This means that one has to cut back or eliminate all the "healthy" grain based foods that we have been told are essential for good health as they wreak havoc on our blood sugar levels and this is what leads to health issues.

  12. #12
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,198
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howeeee View Post
    splenda is perfectly safe cause it goes right through your body, your body doesn't absorb it..all the other ones have side effects,,including Truvia
    Really ?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    My Bikes
    1992 Dave Yates Diabolo MTB
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to avoid the Ebola virus as much as possible.

  14. #14
    Disco Infiltrator Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orangevale CA
    My Bikes
    76 Paramount, 02 Hardrock, 72 Super Sport
    Posts
    1,267
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up on trans fats, I'm probably boned.

  15. #15
    A tiny member bikeguyinvenice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Venice, Florida, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    late 90's Trek 720 Muti-Track
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splenda is bad, it contains chlorine, I can't see that being good for you.
    My cycling blog http://kcmjr.wordpress.com/
    "Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.

  16. #16
    Senior Member daihard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howeeee View Post
    splenda is perfectly safe cause it goes right through your body, your body doesnt absorb it..all the other ones have side effects,,including Truvia
    Splenda itself may be safe (which I don't know for sure). I do know that it's got a high GI (glycemic index) value, which means it causes your blood sugar level to go up fast. That eventually makes you feel hungry and want to eat more when you don't need to. That's definitely a side effect in my book.

    If you really need to sweeten something, I'd recommend agave nectar.
    Badly-behaved cyclists are usually just cyclists with inadequate infrastructure. Or none at all. - Mikael Colville-Andersen

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daihard View Post
    Splenda itself may be safe (which I don't know for sure). I do know that it's got a high GI (glycemic index) value, which means it causes your blood sugar level to go up fast. That eventually makes you feel hungry and want to eat more when you don't need to. That's definitely a side effect in my book.

    If you really need to sweeten something, I'd recommend agave nectar.
    studies show Splenda has no negative effect on blood sugar

  18. #18
    Senior Member rebel1916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,819
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry alarmists, but HFCS is only bad for you in that it is a cheap way to consume massive amounts of sugar. Massive amounts of any kind of sugar are bad for you.

    To the OP, Everything in moderation is fine. Including excess.

  19. #19
    Crispy Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Open the Bag and Eat Me.
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,975
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tugging on Superman's cape is bad for you as is pulling the mask off the old Lone Ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  20. #20
    Senior Member trackhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Posts
    1,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the sci guy View Post
    if it's got high fructose corn syrup, run away.

    i'd suggest buying mexican coke, as it's made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup. tastes better, and isn't going to kill you more quickly.
    you don't have to eat organic, but don't subsist on frozen chicken patties and crap like that. by free range chicken, and beef. don't buy farm raised seafood and fish.
    1% milk is a great option as well.
    If you're a confirmed coke drinker, you can also go for the annual release of "kosher for passover coke". It typically hits store shelves shortly before passover.
    You can spot it by the yellow cap. Made with sugar, not corn syrup. Meanwhile, most Costco outlets frequently have pallets of Mexican coke, in the real, heavy, glass bottles.
    Yes, people do go into Costco and stock up on the stuff.

    Back on topic, it does seem that every day, "Medical experts" are changing their minds on what is good/bad for you. I'm really thinking now that listening to medical experts
    is bad for you.

    What's the lastest diet craze? It was atkins a few years ago, what is it today?
    "The People will believe what the Media tells them they believe". George Orwell.

  21. #21
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trackhub View Post
    What's the lastest diet craze? It was atkins a few years ago, what is it today?
    The FDA has decided that trans fats should never have been allowed in the first place. Goodbye margarine, hello butter! Paula Deen might be able to salvage her reputation after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  22. #22
    Crispy Member ahsposo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Open the Bag and Eat Me.
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Posts
    6,975
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something that has to be good for you is to eat less and move more.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    If I gotta look up words, it's not worth my time.

  23. #23
    Insane Bicycle Mechanic Jeff Wills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    other Vancouver
    Posts
    6,843
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling overhand is bad for you. I haven't done much lately- my shoulder has been a little sore.
    Jeff Wills

    All my bikes.

  24. #24
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howeeee View Post
    studies show Splenda has no negative effect on blood sugar
    Studies show that Foo is the ultimate source of solid data in the universe.

  25. #25
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    3,996
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    Tugging on Superman's cape is bad for you as is pulling the mask off the old Lone Ranger.
    And spitting into the wind. And messing around with Jim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •