Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
  1. #1
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Walking Dead Mid Season Finale, I am pissed!

    If you don't watch TV don't bother responding. We all know you think you are way smarter then the rest of us TV watching slugs so there is no reason to boast about it.

    For Walking Dead fans only:

    I just watched the mid season finale. I won't spoil it for those that have not seen it but I am pissed! This is almost as bad news as Brian the dog! For those that have seen it, you know what I mean.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  3. #3
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
    Agreed, I gave up on it.
    But in this case that means they kept with the theme of the source material. Same thing happened with the comic. It was great, until it was tiring.
    Last edited by Allen; 12-02-13 at 06:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however

  5. #5
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  6. #6
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
    Sorry I disagree entirely. I think it gets better all of the time. Sorry but I think you expect too much. It has to be extremely difficult to bring that level of action to the screen week after week with almost every episode ending in a cliff hanger. I am now looking forward to spring but feel like I will be missing an old friend when second half of the season gets here.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
    It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  8. #8
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
    Well that is what it is. Second half of the season does not start again till spring. Other shows don't have breaks like that. Each year they continue and each year they have a season finale. Why not a mid season finale?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
    And the worst of that is Falling Skies. They go a whole freaking year with only a few episodes each year.. You forget what happened the year before.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
    Sorry I disagree entirely. I think it gets better all of the time. Sorry but I think you expect too much. It has to be extremely difficult to bring that level of action to the screen week after week with almost every episode ending in a cliff hanger. I am now looking forward to spring but feel like I will be missing an old friend when second half of the season gets here.
    Go back and rewatch season one, losing Frank Darabont was a body blow. In subsequent seasons the show is less cinematic, slower, and more conventional TV.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  11. #11
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
    The BBC is lucky to get out a dozen nowadays. Top Gear had what, 6 this series? Another show that longs for its halcyon days.

  12. #12
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however
    Read the review in Forbes. There is a line in the article that is pretty hilarious.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The BBC is lucky to get out a dozen nowadays. Top Gear had what, 6 this series? Another show that longs for its halcyon days.
    I actually prefer the BBC model of short series, and short runs. Just don't break it up and make me wait three months.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  14. #14
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    Go back and rewatch season one, losing Frank Darabont was a body blow. In subsequent seasons the show is less cinematic, slower, and more conventional TV.
    I really don't get into the background of shows all that much. I sort of just try to enjoy them. But your statement intrigued me so I looked up Frank Darabont and why he was let go. I am shocked that AMC would cut the budget on this hit. It is huge. If anything they should be dumping more money into it and making the writers and producers as happy as possible. Lousy bean counters.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  15. #15
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
    I really don't get into the background of shows all that much. I sort of just try to enjoy them. But your statement intrigued me so I looked up Frank Darabont and why he was let go. I am shocked that AMC would cut the budget on this hit. It is huge. If anything they should be dumping more money into it and making the writers and producers as happy as possible. Lousy bean counters.
    Yeah, I think if the show had been on HBO as intended they would have kept Darabont. AMC has turned it into a cash cow, as evidenced by the supposed prequel that's being setup.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  16. #16
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    I actually prefer the BBC model of short series, and short runs. Just don't break it up and make me wait three months.
    I like a novel more than a short story. Character development takes place in long time.

  17. #17
    Senior Member bikebuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    1,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I like a novel more than a short story. Character development takes place in long time.
    Read Chekhov.
    The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My Bikes
    Felt nine flow
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still thyink its a great show.but they better keep glen and the crossbow guy there my favs

  19. #19
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    Read Chekhov.
    I have.
    Once.
    It was really hard to do. Watching the complete series of, Homicide: Life on the Street, was much easier.

  20. #20
    Every day a winding road spinnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
    Posts
    4,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
    Yeah, I think if the show had been on HBO as intended they would have kept Darabont. AMC has turned it into a cash cow, as evidenced by the supposed prequel that's being setup.
    For someone who doesn't like the show, you sure are a wealth of knowledge about it.

    I was not aware that there was a prequel in the planning. I really enjoyed the flashback episodes early on. I was hoping to see more. I don't know if a prequel would make it. A season or mini series could work. I always thought a cool scene would be right at the very start, everyday America, maybe a small town. People walking up and down the street and a zombie goes walking down the street and no one really notices till he takes a chunk out of someone.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

  21. #21
    Senior Member eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's television?
    My current stable:

    1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

  22. #22
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia View Post
    What's television?
    Its radio with pictures. Like Fibber McGee and Molly or Edgar Bergan and Charlie Mc Carthy.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  23. #23
    Senior Member eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    Its radio with pictures. Like Fibber McGee and Molly or Edgar Bergan and Charlie Mc Carthy.

    What amazing and wondrous machine you have in this great land...back in the old country, all we had were shadow puppets...
    My current stable:

    1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

  24. #24
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia View Post
    What amazing and wondrous machine you have in this great land...back in the old country, all we had were shadow puppets...
    Does the light of the sun still burn your eyes, Plato?

  25. #25
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
    yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however
    Agreed. But it really should not have come to that. The main characters knew each other through and through. At least that one 'chapter' is finally closed. Really shoulda been closed last season. This was just tedious bs. Hopefully the last half of the season will improve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •