Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-13, 07:47 PM   #1
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Walking Dead Mid Season Finale, I am pissed!

If you don't watch TV don't bother responding. We all know you think you are way smarter then the rest of us TV watching slugs so there is no reason to boast about it.

For Walking Dead fans only:

I just watched the mid season finale. I won't spoil it for those that have not seen it but I am pissed! This is almost as bad news as Brian the dog! For those that have seen it, you know what I mean.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:49 PM   #2
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:52 PM   #3
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
Agreed, I gave up on it.
But in this case that means they kept with the theme of the source material. Same thing happened with the comic. It was great, until it was tiring.

Last edited by Allen; 12-02-13 at 07:56 PM.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:54 PM   #4
windhchaser 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: Felt nine flow
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however
windhchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:54 PM   #5
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.
 
Artkansas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Petite Roche
Bikes:
Posts: 12,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
__________________
"He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.
Artkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:56 PM   #6
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
The mid-season finale, and season 4 in general stank. TWD has a bad case of Heroes syndrome, great first season and downhill from there.
Sorry I disagree entirely. I think it gets better all of the time. Sorry but I think you expect too much. It has to be extremely difficult to bring that level of action to the screen week after week with almost every episode ending in a cliff hanger. I am now looking forward to spring but feel like I will be missing an old friend when second half of the season gets here.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:57 PM   #7
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:58 PM   #8
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
What is a mid season finale? That sounds like a contradiction in terms, like bringing the curtain down half way through the second act.
Well that is what it is. Second half of the season does not start again till spring. Other shows don't have breaks like that. Each year they continue and each year they have a season finale. Why not a mid season finale?
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:59 PM   #9
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
And the worst of that is Falling Skies. They go a whole freaking year with only a few episodes each year.. You forget what happened the year before.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 07:59 PM   #10
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
Sorry I disagree entirely. I think it gets better all of the time. Sorry but I think you expect too much. It has to be extremely difficult to bring that level of action to the screen week after week with almost every episode ending in a cliff hanger. I am now looking forward to spring but feel like I will be missing an old friend when second half of the season gets here.
Go back and rewatch season one, losing Frank Darabont was a body blow. In subsequent seasons the show is less cinematic, slower, and more conventional TV.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:00 PM   #11
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
It's a ploy by networks to disguise the fact that they only have 16 episodes in a season. They break it up into two parts with a three month gap in between.
The BBC is lucky to get out a dozen nowadays. Top Gear had what, 6 this series? Another show that longs for its halcyon days.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:00 PM   #12
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however
Read the review in Forbes. There is a line in the article that is pretty hilarious.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:02 PM   #13
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
The BBC is lucky to get out a dozen nowadays. Top Gear had what, 6 this series? Another show that longs for its halcyon days.
I actually prefer the BBC model of short series, and short runs. Just don't break it up and make me wait three months.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:08 PM   #14
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
Go back and rewatch season one, losing Frank Darabont was a body blow. In subsequent seasons the show is less cinematic, slower, and more conventional TV.
I really don't get into the background of shows all that much. I sort of just try to enjoy them. But your statement intrigued me so I looked up Frank Darabont and why he was let go. I am shocked that AMC would cut the budget on this hit. It is huge. If anything they should be dumping more money into it and making the writers and producers as happy as possible. Lousy bean counters.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:15 PM   #15
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
I really don't get into the background of shows all that much. I sort of just try to enjoy them. But your statement intrigued me so I looked up Frank Darabont and why he was let go. I am shocked that AMC would cut the budget on this hit. It is huge. If anything they should be dumping more money into it and making the writers and producers as happy as possible. Lousy bean counters.
Yeah, I think if the show had been on HBO as intended they would have kept Darabont. AMC has turned it into a cash cow, as evidenced by the supposed prequel that's being setup.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:19 PM   #16
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
I actually prefer the BBC model of short series, and short runs. Just don't break it up and make me wait three months.
I like a novel more than a short story. Character development takes place in long time.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:20 PM   #17
bikebuddha 
Senior Member
 
bikebuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Somewhere in time
Bikes:
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I like a novel more than a short story. Character development takes place in long time.
Read Chekhov.
__________________
The few, the proud, the likely insane, Metro-Atlanta bicycle commuters.
bikebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:20 PM   #18
windhchaser 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: Felt nine flow
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
i still thyink its a great show.but they better keep glen and the crossbow guy there my favs
windhchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:23 PM   #19
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
Read Chekhov.
I have.
Once.
It was really hard to do. Watching the complete series of, Homicide: Life on the Street, was much easier.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 08:59 PM   #20
spinnaker
Every day a winding road
Thread Starter
 
spinnaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora
Posts: 4,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebuddha View Post
Yeah, I think if the show had been on HBO as intended they would have kept Darabont. AMC has turned it into a cash cow, as evidenced by the supposed prequel that's being setup.
For someone who doesn't like the show, you sure are a wealth of knowledge about it.

I was not aware that there was a prequel in the planning. I really enjoyed the flashback episodes early on. I was hoping to see more. I don't know if a prequel would make it. A season or mini series could work. I always thought a cool scene would be right at the very start, everyday America, maybe a small town. People walking up and down the street and a zombie goes walking down the street and no one really notices till he takes a chunk out of someone.
spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 09:14 PM   #21
eja_ bottecchia
Senior Member
 
eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 3,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's television?
eja_ bottecchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 10:14 PM   #22
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.
 
Artkansas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Petite Roche
Bikes:
Posts: 12,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia View Post
What's television?
Its radio with pictures. Like Fibber McGee and Molly or Edgar Bergan and Charlie Mc Carthy.
__________________
"He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.
Artkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 11:11 PM   #23
eja_ bottecchia
Senior Member
 
eja_ bottecchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 3,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
Its radio with pictures. Like Fibber McGee and Molly or Edgar Bergan and Charlie Mc Carthy.

What amazing and wondrous machine you have in this great land...back in the old country, all we had were shadow puppets...
eja_ bottecchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 01:02 AM   #24
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia View Post
What amazing and wondrous machine you have in this great land...back in the old country, all we had were shadow puppets...
Does the light of the sun still burn your eyes, Plato?
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 03:04 AM   #25
skijor 
on by
 
skijor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windhchaser View Post
yeah it sucked i knew it was comeing however
Agreed. But it really should not have come to that. The main characters knew each other through and through. At least that one 'chapter' is finally closed. Really shoulda been closed last season. This was just tedious bs. Hopefully the last half of the season will improve.
skijor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 AM.