Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Daily Driver Dream thread (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/925506-daily-driver-dream-thread.html)

jsharr 12-09-13 02:10 PM

Daily Driver Dream thread
 
You get one car in the world to be your daily driver, fuel and maintenance are free for lifetime.

I am a bit vexxed on this one. My heart wants a 1973 3.0 CSL but my lifestyle needs something that can haul kids and family and camping gear, like an old GMC Jimmy .

I will have to think about this one.

Your answer must be more than the name of the car. It must include some reasons why, a picture, some interpretative dance or the like.

StupidlyBrave 12-09-13 02:48 PM

Tesla model s

With a bottle of whiskey. And a lighter.

RPK79 12-09-13 02:50 PM

I'd want some sort of luxury SUV. Probably a Navigator.

bikebuddha 12-09-13 02:54 PM

Range Rover, since I don't really use a car for short trips it's perfect highway cruising and off road camping.

bigbenaugust 12-09-13 02:59 PM

http://www.adventure-journal.com/wp-...4/syncro07.jpg
VW Vanagon Syncro

Or maybe an old Toyota Previa All-Trac or one of those Mitsubishi AWD vans you can't get here.

ModoVincere 12-09-13 03:39 PM

'71 Firebird 455 H.O.

http://www.davidt.com/thumbnail/15421/400/300

Allen 12-09-13 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16315196)
You get one car in the world to be your daily driver, fuel and maintenance are free for lifetime.

I am a bit vexxed on this one. My heart wants a 1973 3.0 CSL but my lifestyle needs something that can haul kids and family and camping gear, like an old GMC Jimmy .

I will have to think about this one.

Your answer must be more than the name of the car. It must include some reasons why, a picture, some interpretative dance or the like.

You should get a Bavaria then.
God I miss mine. Same engine and gearbox as the 3.0 but with 4 doors. I could fit my 5 foot tall chest of drawers in the backseat.

RaleighSport 12-09-13 03:47 PM

This one obviously...
http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...pic-30251.jpeg
'67 Shelby Cobra.. I've wanted one since I could distinguish between different car models as a child.

HardyWeinberg 12-09-13 03:57 PM

Another Tesla.

RPK79 12-09-13 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen (Post 16315502)
You should get a Bavaria then.
God I miss mine. Same engine and gearbox as the 3.0 but with 4 doors. I could fit my 5 foot tall chest of drawers in the backseat.

...and he took that chest of drawers everywhere.

Allen 12-09-13 04:01 PM

I did. From home to boarding school and back and from home to college and back.

jsharr 12-09-13 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPK79 (Post 16315550)
...and he took that chest of drawers everywhere.

Okay, now THAT is funny! Made me laugh out loud!

jsharr 12-09-13 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen (Post 16315553)
I did. From home to boarding school and back and from home to college and back.

Did you take your collection of circus midgets out of the drawers first?

EthanYQX 12-09-13 04:26 PM

A 2014 Tacoma TRD, with a bunch of racks on it for kayaks, bikes, et al.

Or maybe a Subaru STI.

bikeguyinvenice 12-09-13 04:33 PM

A DeLorean, not because they were fast, or because I want to go back in time, just because I thought they were cool looking cars.

Michigander 12-09-13 04:49 PM

If I'm gonna be silly about it, a GT40 MKII. Reasoning is self evident.

A heavily modified first gen Z car would be my realistic pick. The reasoning is cool style, good performance, no emissions tests anywhere ever, and a really neat history.

Allen 12-09-13 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16315569)
Did you take your collection of circus midgets out of the drawers first?

Kept them In the glovebox. Almost as large as the backseat, but less upholstery.

jdon 12-09-13 04:53 PM

This.. right here..

http://www.theirongarage.com/project318308.php

ahsposo 12-09-13 04:57 PM

Now that they are discontinued I want one even more...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....8/11c89901.jpg

Artkansas 12-09-13 05:50 PM

The most comfortable car for driving I ever found. I just love the sitting position. And plenty of room in back for the bicycle.

http://www.motorstown.com/images/volkswagen-bus-10.jpg

FlatTop 12-09-13 06:03 PM

I love station wagons (not SUVs,vans or trucks) so to me that's the best all-around DD. I'd think a fullsize '69-'73 Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth wagon with a 440ci. V8 and a chunk of guardrail welded to the front bumper would serve very well.

Since fuel and maintenance costs aren't part of the equation, a tow receiver strong enough to drag an enclosed car trailer would also be nice, as well as an electric winch to load interesting projects into it.

palesaint 12-09-13 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbenaugust (Post 16315365)
http://www.adventure-journal.com/wp-...4/syncro07.jpg
VW Vanagon Syncro

Or maybe an old Toyota Previa All-Trac or one of those Mitsubishi AWD vans you can't get here.

Beat me to it! Vanagan would be my dream "all around" vehicle. But only if it was properly tweeked. Swap in a WRX engine, add some suspension mods, maybe 1000 watts of solar panels on the top and give the interior some luxury treatment. Cruise the country in style. :)

trackhub 12-09-13 06:47 PM

I like sport sedans, and since jsharr is paying for the fuel....

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...01-626x382.jpg

mrodgers 12-09-13 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaleighSport (Post 16315507)
This one obviously...
http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...pic-30251.jpeg
'67 Shelby Cobra.. I've wanted one since I could distinguish between different car models as a child.

Ah, yeah, pretty much for me too, going with the lifetime fuel and maintenance. Then again, this would be pretty darn difficult to drive during an 18 inch snow storm. Therefore....


Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanYQX (Post 16315633)
A 2014 Tacoma TRD, with a bunch of racks on it for kayaks, bikes, et al.

I'd have to go along with this guy. First off, I am a Toyota guy after my last 4 Toyota trucks/4Runners and recently picking up a Rav4 V6 for Wifey (I'm currently in a VW Jetta Wolfsburg which I love, but I'd give up the turbo fun in a heartbeat for a decent mileage rust free late 80's Toyota pickup truck.) With me joining this forum and starting to ride a bike this past summer, it is the beginning of trying to be more active and get in better shape. I'm actually here on a bike forum from wanting to get into kayaking. I don't have the money for a kayak but had an old Walmart mountain bike in the garage, so here I am riding a bike and visiting this forum. Kayaking is coming maybe next summer if I can swing it along with a needed new bike. Thus the Tacoma would be much more practical hauling around a couple of kayaks (if I can get the girls interested more than one paddle around) or my bike.

Bakerb24 12-09-13 07:49 PM

I fully intend to have a Mercedes G-Wagon at some point. If you aren't familiar with them, they're the Jurassic Park, jeep looking, monstrosity. I have no idea why I've liked them since I was a kid, but I have. It won't be my next car, but maybe the one after this one. I would post a pic, but I'm on my ipad and I don't think that I can.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:13 AM.