Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Phil Everly

  1. #1
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Phil Everly

    w/ the Crickets in 1960:



    w/ Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler in 1986:



    would love to find video of them from when Warren Zevon was their band director.

  2. #2
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I probably didn't appreciate these guys enough when I was growing up.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

  3. #3
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
    I probably didn't appreciate these guys enough when I was growing up.
    Me neither. Well, Mark Knopfler but not really the Everly brothers. Funnily enough, I do have a Don Everly J 180 guitar, but a 1993 re-issue. Ugliest pickguard ever.

    The Everly's inspired a lot of musicians. RIP Phil.
    Last edited by jdon; 01-04-14 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

  4. #4
    New Orleans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost that loving feeling-danced with lotta girls to that-yeah really great friday night dance song

    "werewolf of london" really great song-no idea Zevon had anything to do with Everly Bros??
    " His hair was perfect" great line-so was "I'd like to meet his tailor" never would get those lines just reading them-but the way Zevon did it-world record great song-
    telling a story-just like the "Loving feeling" song

    Now doesn't beat the pure poetry of *****es hoes benjamins pigs bustin caps grape drank Glock etc-but close
    you "punk azz *****ez" might disagree in which case I will cap you with my forty

  5. #5
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Lost that loving feeling-danced with lotta girls to that-yeah really great friday night dance song

    "werewolf of london" really great song-no idea Zevon had anything to do with Everly Bros??
    " His hair was perfect" great line-so was "I'd like to meet his tailor" never would get those lines just reading them-but the way Zevon did it-world record great song-
    telling a story-just like the "Loving feeling" song

    Now doesn't beat the pure poetry of *****es hoes benjamins pigs bustin caps grape drank Glock etc-but close
    you "punk azz *****ez" might disagree in which case I will cap you with my forty
    Righteous Brothers is who you are thinking of..
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

  6. #6
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
    I probably didn't appreciate these guys enough when I was growing up.
    Me either. Glad the Beatles did, though.


  7. #7
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A good friend of mine was the bigger fan. Just now finding out that Phil Everly died.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/03/showbi...l-everly-dies/

    Last edited by Zinger; 01-04-14 at 09:44 PM.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

  8. #8
    New Orleans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad-right-the Everly's did that fancy harmony-song about bringing his date home late??
    See what those statins do!

  9. #9
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

  10. #10
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    My bad-right-the Everly's did that fancy harmony-song about bringing his date home late??
    See what those statins do!
    You got it!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

  11. #11
    New Orleans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    Yeah-they did great harmony-or whatever musicians call it.And they were actually brothers-Righteous brothers weren't brothers-right?

  12. #12
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Yeah-they did great harmony-or whatever musicians call it.And they were actually brothers-Righteous brothers weren't brothers-right?
    Correct
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    How are you ever going to live in the real world if you can't get along with people who don't believe what you do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •