Hummingbirds hum because they forgot the words!
So general question I think I already know the answer to: Does one expend more energy pedaling at a lower RPM but pushing harder on the pedals or at a higher RPM pushing lighter on the pedals?
1) Karate Kid (the first one)
2) Haggar all the way.
3) No thoughts on little birds.
41, single, no kids, works too hard for corporate America, wish I had the money to buy a restored DeLorean. On the positive side, I have a new girlfriend, started a new job hopefully will lead to something better, on the negative side I wish I had more time to ride and lose 15 lbs.
"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.
You're in the minority so far. I did see Van Haggar play in 88 on the Monsters of Rock Tour, Metallica smoked 'em all though.
Canned air puts me to sleep, gotta be outdoors or I feel like the walls are closing in. Eat less and aerobic HR walks will do the same thing as biking will for weight loss.
Well for the sake of the discussion is this, I am changing the way I ride and incorporating a higher RPM around 90 up from around 60 and at first I thought the higher RPM was more energy but now I think it's the other way around. My knees pretty much feel the same either way.
My current stable:
1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)
2016 Colnago C60 in MHWH color scheme (Campy Record 11s)
Ok, here's my answers.
1. I remember having drills in elementary school because of the ole US vs. USSR and having to go out into the hallways and sit at the walls with our heads bowed between our knees.
2. Absolutely Sammy! 5150 is my go-to album for summer music. We constantly played it along with OU812 which came out when I got my driver's license. Played those 2 albums for many years of summer keg parties. Heck, I just cued up some Summer Nights and Cabo Wabo on the radio for the drive home on Monday since it was so beautiful and sunny out after these past few weeks of extreme cold.
3. Hummingbirds? They're cool. Put out feeders on the front and back porch every year. One got stuck in the breezeway and I ended up with it on my finger to carry it back out. I was heading to the front porch and it rode my finger the whole way. Flew off when I got to the porch.
How about this one.... Picture pages, picture pages, open up your picture pages, time to get your pens and your pencils.....
Ride no faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
1. Duck! and cover! We didn't have those. Part of where I grew up was close to the Concord Naval Weapons Station, urban folklore said it was #11 on the Soviet's list. We always figured we'd just bust out the lawn chairs and get a helluva tan.
2. You know, wasn't really thinkin of that but yeah, those two albums were in the background of some hot summer nights.
Picture pages? Maybe I fried a few too many neurons to remember those