Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   What to do on a 10h flight? (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/935103-what-do-10h-flight.html)

RubenX 02-21-14 09:02 AM

What to do on a 10h flight?
 
Some hours on a plane, some hours on a terminal, some hours on another plane. I have a cellphone that can probably play one movie before running out of battery. Might last more if I burn the time using it for some silly games.

I do have an MP3 that could play the whole time. But I guess I'm going to get bored about hearing music for that lon

Also, the current TV show I'm watching is the whole 13 seasons of "MayDay - Air Crash Dissasters" which might not be appropriate.

So I need suggestions on what to do and how to burn the time.

RaleighSport 02-21-14 09:05 AM

My old method was books and airport bars, I do not miss flying constantly.

2manybikes 02-21-14 09:20 AM

They will probably have at least one in fight movie.

bikebuddha 02-21-14 09:25 AM

Check to see if they have usb plugs on your plane and grab a copy of a James Michener novel.

Wanderer 02-21-14 09:27 AM

Do you have a girlfriend?????

jsharr 02-21-14 09:33 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/16/aw-tablet-rental/

skijor 02-21-14 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer (Post 16514748)
Do you have a girlfriend?????

and some PEDs.

GP 02-21-14 09:56 AM

Most terminals have outlets for chargers.

i bring a book of crossword puzzles and a novel.

ModoVincere 02-21-14 10:11 AM

10 hr flight? Mile high club.

MillCreek 02-21-14 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModoVincere (Post 16514867)
10 hr flight? Mile high club.

Three times.

skijor 02-21-14 10:36 AM

See if 1st class has a kitchen table and rebuild a tranny.

jsharr 02-21-14 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skijor (Post 16514956)
See if 1st class has a kitchen table and rebuild a tranny.

Would that qualify as a 4th time?

mconlonx 02-21-14 10:39 AM

Take two Benadryls and request to be woken up at destination.

skijor 02-21-14 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16514967)
Would that qualify as a 4th time?

Only if he doesn't run out of tranny fluid.

Will G 02-21-14 10:40 AM

Find out what type of aircraft you are flying on and if it has power outlets and what type. This will solve your battery problem. Also ask about movies or entertainment systems on the jet. Borrow a kindle or check out a book. Crossword puzzles or soduku. If you are lucky, you'll sit next to somebody interesting and maybe strike up a conversation. Overwing exit rows have more leg room but the seat might not recline if there is another exit row behind it, i.e. two over wing exit rows. Best ride is over wing or forward, worst is towards the tail.

Hhmm....some of the more entertaining stuff I've seen that keeps the crews amused:

Ask the fight attendants to identify every island, town, or river you cross over. They'll call the flight deck and ask them so you'll get the added benefit of getting more people involved in your quest for knowledge.

Laugh hysterically at random times for no apparent reason.

Unpack all your carry on belongings and ask other people to hold them for you.

Do your laundry in the lav.

Give yourself a pedicure.

Speak with an middle eastern accent, act suspicious by rapidly running towards the cockpit, carry odd articles into the lav, break out a prayer rug and ask the flight crew to fly towards Mecca.

Place a small article in the overhead bin and claim it as yours and yours only. Applying a Name tag or flag marking your territory is optional.

Claim to be a Federal Air Marshall.

NOS88 02-21-14 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mconlonx (Post 16514970)
Take two Benadryls and request to be woken up at destination.

Yeah, sleep. I don't need Benadryl to do that, but sleep is what I'd do.

no motor? 02-21-14 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will G (Post 16514972)
Find out what type of aircraft you are flying on and if it has power outlets and what type. This will solve your battery problem. Also ask about movies or entertainment systems on the jet. Borrow a kindle or check out a book. Crossword puzzles or soduku. If you are lucky, you'll sit next to somebody interesting and maybe strike up a conversation. Overwing exit rows have more leg room but the seat might not recline if there is another exit row behind it, i.e. two over wing exit rows. Best ride is over wing or forward, worst is towards the tail.

Hhmm....some of the more entertaining stuff I've seen that keeps the crews amused:

Ask the fight attendants to identify every island, town, or river you cross over. They'll call the flight deck and ask them so you'll get the added benefit of getting more people involved in your quest for knowledge.

Laugh hysterically at random times for no apparent reason.

Unpack all your carry on belongings and ask other people to hold them for you.

Do your laundry in the lav.

Give yourself a pedicure.

Speak with an middle eastern accent, act suspicious by rapidly running towards the cockpit, carry odd articles into the lav, break out a prayer rug and ask the flight crew to fly towards Mecca.

Place a small article in the overhead bin and claim it as yours and yours only. Applying a Name tag or flag marking your territory is optional.

Claim to be a Federal Air Marshall.

Tell the flight crew the flight is going to fly directly over your destination, and ask for a parachute so you can jump out when the plane flies over it. Tell them you're DB Cooper if they ask who you are.

bigbenaugust 02-21-14 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skijor (Post 16514956)
See if 1st class has a kitchen table and rebuild a tranny.

Better yet, rebuild one of the turbofans or an AC pack or something.

caloso 02-21-14 12:09 PM

Are books no longer being published?

mconlonx 02-21-14 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caloso (Post 16515279)
Are books no longer being published?

People still read?

RubenX 02-21-14 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caloso (Post 16515279)
Are books no longer being published?

Apparently, books now require USB power 0.o

EthanYQX 02-21-14 03:24 PM

Flying sucks and I'd avoid it if at all possible.

if you can't, sleep.

RubenX 02-21-14 03:35 PM

If I only had a laptop and a flight with a good internet connection. I could easily do 10 hours straight of forahora.

mikeybikes 02-21-14 04:31 PM

Make good use of the liquids on flights rules:
http://imatravelninja.com/2012/05/16...n-your-flight/

That might be able to help entertain you for ten hours.

muzpuf 02-21-14 04:51 PM

Do not try to light your shoe on fire


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 AM.