Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Things to replace at the start of the season...
Yeah, I've been thinking about it now that the weather seems to be breaking toward spring. Here's what is on my list:
- My attitude - I'm going to stop thinking "There's a flat route if you're willing to go an extra half-mile."
- The handlebar end plugs from Bontrager. I'm tired of looking at them and thinking I'm a "B" rider. I'm going to find some with an "A".
- The chain lube I've been using. I don't know what it is, but every time I smell it, I get hungry for cotton candy.
- My shoes. I've been wearing black ones, but am going to get white ones. Everyone knows white shoes make you faster. (Maybe next year I'll get gold ones, but I'm not there yet.)
- The headset spacers. My old ones are just plain black. I'm going to get carbon ones. I figure the reduction in weight will get me an increase of .0032 watts.
- The post ride recovery drink. I was using straight chocolate milk. I'm going to go with chocolate soy milk, because it's... well, trendy.
So what are you going to replace?
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831