Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Hoy (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/945419-hoy.html)

Soil_Sampler 04-28-14 05:32 PM

Hoy
 
A different kind of track.

Cycle speedster Chris gets behind the wheel | West Briton
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/images/l...8355-large.jpg

carleton 04-28-14 06:56 PM

Not related to track training or racing. Moving to Foo.

ahsposo 04-28-14 07:06 PM

How thrilling!

We don't get much here but the usual.

bigbenaugust 04-29-14 07:14 AM

The usual what? I'd take the bike over the GT-R.

Artkansas 04-29-14 10:18 AM

I didn't see the connection to "Today" and the race car driver. Hoy is Spanish for "Today"

Soil_Sampler 04-29-14 05:20 PM

Hablamos Español
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artkansas (Post 16712236)
I didn't see the connection to "Today" and the race car driver.
Hoy is Spanish for "Today"

Sir Chris Hoy is not Spanish.

http://www.chrishoy.com/profile/

Artkansas 04-29-14 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler (Post 16713708)
Sir Chris Hoy is not Spanish.

I didn't mean to offend, and never said he was. But the word "Hoy" translates from Spanish into English as "Today". Having spent decades in the American southwest, that's what came to my mind. Being completely ignorant of who Sir Hoy is, I saw no connection between the word and a picture of some fellow and a race car and a bicycle. I've learned a little today.

jsharr 04-30-14 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler (Post 16713708)
Sir Chris Hoy is not Spanish.

Profile « Chris Hoy Chris Hoy

I call him Chris Today. Just to be safe.

skijor 04-30-14 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 16715106)
I call him Chris Today. Just to be safe.

He's racing against Tomorrow and I Don't Give a Darn.

trsidn 04-30-14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skijor (Post 16715206)
He's racing against Tomorrow and I Don't Give a Darn.

My money's on I don't give a Darn.

Soil_Sampler 04-30-14 05:32 PM

Trackkies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artkansas (Post 16714544)
I Being completely ignorant of who Sir Hoy is, I saw no connection between the word and a picture of some fellow and a race car and a bicycle.

That is why I first posted it in the track forum, but it was deemed irrelevant.

So, it was moved to the hinterland.

Artkansas 04-30-14 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soil_Sampler (Post 16716788)
That is why I first posted it in the track forum, but it was deemed irrelevant.

So, it was moved to the hinterland.

You should have had him in spandex instead of nomex to stay there.

Here's how we roll in the hinterland. ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5myd9tiHY4...ail+surfin.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.