Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Banned. Granny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Images in signature

    How do I get an image into my personal signature?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img] URL [/ img]

    except no spaces.

  3. #3
    Banned. Granny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - but that means the image has to be hosted somewhere. How do I get it on the forum server?


    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    [img] URL [/ img]

    except no spaces.

  4. #4
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you'll have to upload a file via attachment.

    In a post, scroll down to Additional Options, and look for the Attach Files option.
    Select the Manage Attachments button.
    Select the Browse button and navigate to the file on your computer (there is a 100kb max limit).
    Select the Upload button.
    Scroll down and click on Close Window.
    Select Submit Reply button.

    Select the attachment in your post.
    Copy the URL of that attachment.

    Go to the User Control Panel and click on Edit Signature.
    Select the button.
    Paste the URL of the attachment you just created in the popup window.
    Select OK.
    Select Save Signature.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  5. #5
    Banned. Granny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member toneb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope this works..

  7. #7
    Senior Member barba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toneb
    i hope this works..
    Your sig has "URL" in the URL. Delete that and it should work.

    Edit: Never mind. I see that you got it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member toneb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barba
    Your sig has "URL" in the URL. Delete that and it should work.

    Edit: Never mind. I see that you got it.
    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Prefers Cicero cooker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1984 Trek 520; 1990s Peugeot (Canadian-made) rigid mountain bike; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others
    Posts
    8,437
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came out all fragmented...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...
    Santana Fusion Enduro
    Raleigh R600
    Trek Rigid MTB
    26" Uni

  11. #11
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What are the maximum allowed dimensions for a signature image?

    I did a search for this and haven't seen the answer.

  12. #12
    BikeForums Founder Joe Gardner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Holladay, Utah.
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Superlight w/ Roholoff 500 & Bob IBEX
    Posts
    4,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol
    What are the maximum allowed dimensions for a signature image?

    I did a search for this and haven't seen the answer.
    height: 100px; width: 550px;

  13. #13
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe.

  14. #14
    Member lance.house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    My Bikes
    Frankenbike road transporter; Cannondale F500; Xtracycle + Wheeler 5800; Columbus Fixie; IronHorse SS MTB
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monogodo
    First, you'll have to upload a file via attachment.

    In a post, scroll down to Additional Options, and look for the Attach Files option.
    Select the Manage Attachments button.
    Select the Browse button and navigate to the file on your computer (there is a 100kb max limit).
    Select the Upload button.
    Scroll down and click on Close Window.
    Select Submit Reply button.

    Select the attachment in your post.
    Copy the URL of that attachment.

    Go to the User Control Panel and click on Edit Signature.
    Select the button.
    Paste the URL of the attachment you just created in the popup window.
    Select OK.
    Select Save Signature.

    well, i tried this but it hasnt worked yet, its just showing the hypertext link. any clues?

    cheers
    lance

  15. #15
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd. It should work. I tested it, and confirm it doesn't. You'll most likely have to have the image hosted off-site, like on ImageShack.

    Try this URL: http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6752/beachyn2.jpg

    As you can see from my sig below, it works.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  16. #16
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance.house
    well, i tried this but it hasnt worked yet, its just showing the hypertext link. any clues?

    cheers
    lance
    Make sure that what you have surrounding the URL is actually <img></img> and not <url></url>

    Change the <> to []

  17. #17
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom
    Make sure that what you have surrounding the URL is actually <img></img> and not <url></url>

    Change the <> to []
    When I tested his attachment, I used [] and not <>, and it didn't work. For some reason, the software doesn't recognize attachments as images when using the method that I proposed earlier. It probably has something to do with how the database reports the image to the browser, as the attachment URL does not have a .jpg extension.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  18. #18
    Guinea Hood Ostuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of Shelbyville
    Posts
    2,809
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    test of image in sig
    Tom Hagen: 'Thank you for the dinner and a very pleasant evening. If your car could take me to the airport - Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •