Can't view new posts
I am unable to view new posts. Every time I click the View New Posts, I receive a window displaying Searching has been disabled. What happened? This has never happened before.
The search function is currently causing the site major load time issues, so it has been disabled. View New Posts is a search function, so that too, is currently off line.
- there is a workaround for firefox users or users with Really Simply Syndication, or RSS capability:
1. go to www.bikeforums.net
2. click on the rectangular orange icon in the URL window ('Add Live Bookmark')
3. in the pop-up, click the drop-down menu to create in Bookmarks Toolbar
4. you'll see the tiny RSS icon next to the bookmark's name; new posts show up in the drop-down list from the newsfeed
- i edit the properties of my toolbar bookmarks to make 'em as short as possible (Ggl = google.com, /. = Slashdot, BFposts = BF, etc.)
- hope this helps some folks...
- here's more about RSS:
Thanks Joe for the information.
linux author, I have no idea what you said. I'm basically a computer dummie.
blue steal, I use rss to update the homepage of bikeforums.com. You can see the latest 15 threads on that home page. I know quite a few of the forum members still bookmark the .com rather then the .net just for that small feature.