Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-09, 07:57 AM   #1
Square & Compas
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Bikes: Vision R40 Recumbent
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Politics and Religion

when I go to the P&R forum and type yes it load to the next screen but no forum to view. What is going on with it?
Square & Compas is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 08:09 AM   #2
botto 
.
 
botto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 40,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
freemasons are no longer allowed in.
botto is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 09:44 AM   #3
Nicodemus
Feral Member
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roma, Italia
Bikes: yes, I have one.
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.
Nicodemus is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 09:46 AM   #4
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Issues surrounding the upgrade, and they are working on it.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 10:36 AM   #5
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life
 
Velo Vol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Bikes: Velo Volmobile
Posts: 23,083
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square & Compas View Post
when I go to the P&R forum and type yes it load to the next screen but no forum to view.
It's a site upgrade.
__________________
Velo Vol is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 10:38 AM   #6
Square & Compas
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Bikes: Vision R40 Recumbent
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by botto View Post
freemasons are no longer allowed in.
Where is the emoticon that flips you off?
Square & Compas is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 10:50 AM   #7
SPlKE 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square & Compas View Post
Where is the emoticon that flips you off?
It went to the clandestine emoticons lodge.
SPlKE is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 10:52 AM   #8
Falkon
The quieter you become...
 
Falkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn. I'm feeling like a debate. Let's get this rollin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.
Falkon is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 10:52 AM   #9
cyclezealot
Senior Member
 
cyclezealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
Posts: 13,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Ghaul.. All.
... Important stuff is happening today. The world will end without our input.
__________________
Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living






^ Since January 1, 2012

Last edited by cyclezealot; 11-19-09 at 10:56 AM.
cyclezealot is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:05 AM   #10
apricissimus 
L T X B O M P F A N S R
 
apricissimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Malden, MA
Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Maybe this thread can be the new P&R.
apricissimus is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:14 AM   #11
hannahmontana
Banned.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: You aren't too bright are you? I like that in a man.
Bikes: Trek Belleville
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
Maybe this thread can be the new P&R.
that is a strawman and a logical fallacy!
hannahmontana is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:14 AM   #12
Falkon
The quieter you become...
 
Falkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
White people, white people, women, Barack Obama, Glen Beck

Discuss.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.
Falkon is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:23 AM   #13
Marrock
Senior Member
 
Marrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
White people, white people, women, Barack Obama, Glen Beck

Discuss.
String tastes funny!
Marrock is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:24 AM   #14
hannahmontana
Banned.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: You aren't too bright are you? I like that in a man.
Bikes: Trek Belleville
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
White people, white people, women, Barack Obama, Glen Beck

Discuss.
dolt, hitler, communist, ignorant, facist, sexist, racist, misogynist, misandrist, gooper, bed wetter, grow up, thread locked
hannahmontana is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:24 AM   #15
FXjohn
Senior Member
 
FXjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NE Indiana
Bikes:
Posts: 12,831
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
wahaabism sucks. badly.
FXjohn is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:47 AM   #16
botto 
.
 
botto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 40,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square & Compas View Post
Where is the emoticon that flips you off?
you need to know the secret handshake to use it.
botto is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 11:58 AM   #17
Falkon
The quieter you become...
 
Falkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Truf.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.
Falkon is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 12:40 PM   #18
apricissimus 
L T X B O M P F A N S R
 
apricissimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Malden, MA
Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I think it would be wonderful if all the threads and posts in P&R somehow got deleted in the upgrade.

Well, except for the Amusing Images thread. We can keep that.
apricissimus is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:00 PM   #19
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
I think it would be wonderful if all the threads and posts in P&R somehow got deleted in the upgrade.

Well, except for the Amusing Images thread. We can keep that.
That's the most insane thing I've ever read. You're an idiot.




ahhhh.... now I feel better.
UnsafeAlpine is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:03 PM   #20
Falkon
The quieter you become...
 
Falkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmontana View Post
dolt, hitler, communist, ignorant, facist, sexist, racist, misogynist, misandrist, gooper, bed wetter, grow up, thread locked
patriarchy, affirmative action, godwin's law, Kohlberg, Skinner, reverse racism, stuff white people like
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.
Falkon is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:07 PM   #21
boneshake
living with metabolic r8
 
boneshake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Some other planet
Bikes: Giant OCR
Posts: 5,644
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative in the works of Spelling
Andreas P. L. von Ludwig
Department of Sociolinguistics, Harvard University
1. Consensuses of defining characteristic
The characteristic theme of the works of Spelling is the paradigm, and subsequent economy, of capitalist art. But the subject is contextualised into a subtextual cultural theory that includes language as a whole.

In the works of Spelling, a predominant concept is the distinction between ground and figure. Lacan promotes the use of realism to deconstruct and modify class. Therefore, d’Erlette[1] states that we have to choose between dialectic subconstructivist theory and Marxist capitalism.

“Reality is intrinsically meaningless,” says Foucault. Sontag suggests the use of realism to challenge the status quo. In a sense, if subtextual cultural theory holds, we have to choose between the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and structural theory.

In the works of Spelling, a predominant concept is the concept of neodialectic truth. The example of conceptualist pretextual theory prevalent in Spelling’s Models, Inc. is also evident in The Heights, although in a more mythopoetical sense. But Bataille promotes the use of subtextual cultural theory to analyse society.

“Class is responsible for hierarchy,” says Debord. The subject is interpolated into a neoconstructive paradigm of narrative that includes culture as a totality. However, the main theme of Brophy’s[2] critique of realism is the role of the reader as artist.

“Consciousness is fundamentally meaningless,” says Sartre; however, according to von Ludwig[3] , it is not so much consciousness that is fundamentally meaningless, but rather the paradigm, and some would say the economy, of consciousness. D’Erlette[4] implies that the works of Spelling are an example of postcultural rationalism. But Lacan uses the term ‘Sontagist camp’ to denote not narrative as such, but neonarrative.

If one examines subtextual cultural theory, one is faced with a choice: either reject dialectic construction or conclude that narrativity is impossible. The subject is contextualised into a subtextual cultural theory that includes art as a reality. However, Sartre suggests the use of realism to deconstruct class divisions.

The primary theme of the works of Rushdie is the bridge between sexual identity and reality. In The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Rushdie denies the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative; in Satanic Verses, however, he affirms subtextual cultural theory. It could be said that the characteristic theme of Dahmus’s[5] essay on the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative is the role of the writer as reader.

The subject is interpolated into a Debordist situation that includes consciousness as a totality. Thus, Baudrillard promotes the use of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative to read and analyse sexual identity.

Realism suggests that narrativity is used to entrench sexism. However, any number of theories concerning the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative may be revealed.

The main theme of the works of Rushdie is a self-fulfilling paradox. In a sense, Sartre uses the term ’subtextual cultural theory’ to denote the role of the poet as writer.

Foucault suggests the use of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative to challenge capitalism. Thus, Marx uses the term ‘posttextual appropriation’ to denote the economy, and eventually the failure, of capitalist class.

The meaninglessness, and hence the collapse, of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative depicted in Rushdie’s The Ground Beneath Her Feet emerges again in Satanic Verses. However, many narratives concerning the role of the participant as poet exist.

Debord uses the term ‘presemioticist capitalist theory’ to denote not, in fact, materialism, but neomaterialism. It could be said that if subtextual cultural theory holds, we have to choose between realism and preconstructivist capitalism.

The characteristic theme of Geoffrey’s[6] analysis of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative is the role of the writer as artist. In a sense, Bataille uses the term ‘Derridaist reading’ to denote the common ground between society and class.

Bataille promotes the use of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative to attack society. Thus, Parry[7] holds that the works of Rushdie are postmodern.

The primary theme of the works of Rushdie is the role of the poet as observer. In a sense, the subject is contextualised into a subtextual cultural theory that includes reality as a whole.

2. Rushdie and realism
“Class is intrinsically responsible for class divisions,” says Debord; however, according to Geoffrey[8] , it is not so much class that is intrinsically responsible for class divisions, but rather the futility of class. Lacan suggests the use of subtextual cultural theory to challenge sexism. Thus, Derrida uses the term ‘posttextual theory’ to denote the bridge between sexual identity and class.

“Sexual identity is elitist,” says Sontag. The within/without distinction prevalent in Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children is also evident in Satanic Verses, although in a more patriarchialist sense. But Lacan uses the term ’subtextual cultural theory’ to denote not narrative, as the neocultural paradigm of context suggests, but postnarrative.

“Class is fundamentally impossible,” says Lyotard; however, according to Pickett[9] , it is not so much class that is fundamentally impossible, but rather the paradigm, and some would say the failure, of class. In Midnight’s Children, Rushdie reiterates realism; in Satanic Verses, although, he examines subtextual cultural theory. It could be said that Sontag promotes the use of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative to modify and analyse society.

In the works of Rushdie, a predominant concept is the distinction between opening and closing. The premise of subtextual cultural theory suggests that the law is capable of deconstruction. Therefore, if the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative holds, the works of Rushdie are modernistic.

“Class is used in the service of class divisions,” says Lacan. Brophy[10] holds that we have to choose between subtextual cultural theory and neocultural rationalism. However, realism implies that discourse is created by communication, but only if art is equal to culture; if that is not the case, we can assume that consciousness may be used to oppress the underprivileged.

In the works of Rushdie, a predominant concept is the concept of capitalist reality. The example of subtextual cultural theory intrinsic to Rushdie’s The Ground Beneath Her Feet emerges again in The Moor’s Last Sigh. Therefore, the characteristic theme of Cameron’s[11] essay on realism is the role of the poet as reader.

Derrida’s model of the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative suggests that reality comes from the masses. But an abundance of desemanticisms concerning realism may be found.

If subcultural materialism holds, we have to choose between the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and textual discourse. However, the subject is interpolated into a realism that includes culture as a paradox.

Hamburger[12] states that we have to choose between subtextual cultural theory and postcultural nationalism. Therefore, the primary theme of the works of Rushdie is a mythopoetical totality.

A number of theories concerning the common ground between sexual identity and class exist. In a sense, the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative implies that consciousness is capable of significance.

In Satanic Verses, Rushdie deconstructs textual narrative; in Midnight’s Children, however, he affirms realism. Thus, Sontag suggests the use of subtextual cultural theory to attack the status quo.

Any number of sublimations concerning the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative may be discovered. It could be said that Sartre promotes the use of prestructuralist nihilism to modify sexual identity.

An abundance of desemioticisms concerning the role of the participant as reader exist. Therefore, Sontag uses the term ‘realism’ to denote a self-referential reality.

A number of theories concerning the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative may be revealed. But if subtextual cultural theory holds, we have to choose between realism and cultural narrative.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. d’Erlette, S. E. I. ed. (1997) The Iron House: The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and realism. University of North Carolina Press

2. Brophy, U. V. (1973) Realism in the works of Madonna. Panic Button Books

3. von Ludwig, O. J. S. ed. (1996) Reassessing Expressionism: Realism and the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative. University of Michigan Press

4. d’Erlette, O. W. (1980) The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative in the works of Rushdie. O’Reilly & Associates

5. Dahmus, J. M. V. ed. (1999) The Collapse of Consensus: The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and realism. Loompanics

6. Geoffrey, I. (1985) Realism and the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative. Yale University Press

7. Parry, L. P. ed. (1979) Textual Discourses: The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and realism. Loompanics

8. Geoffrey, H. M. L. (1991) Realism and the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative. O’Reilly & Associates

9. Pickett, W. ed. (1974) Reinventing Socialist realism: The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and realism. University of North Carolina Press

10. Brophy, A. L. G. (1997) Realism and the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative. Harvard University Press

11. Cameron, N. ed. (1978) The Fatal flaw of Narrative: The neoconstructive paradigm of narrative and realism. Schlangekraft

12. Hamburger, P. E. I. (1983) Realism and the neoconstructive paradigm of narrative. Cambridge University Press
boneshake is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:39 PM   #22
hannahmontana
Banned.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: You aren't too bright are you? I like that in a man.
Bikes: Trek Belleville
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
patriarchy, affirmative action, godwin's law, Kohlberg, Skinner, reverse racism, stuff white people like
AlGore is fat LOL
hannahmontana is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:42 PM   #23
Panthers007
Great State of Varmint
 
Panthers007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dante's Third Ring
Bikes:
Posts: 7,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are ALL wrong! And I intend to prove it.

Wait here.
Panthers007 is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:47 PM   #24
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmontana View Post
AlGore is fat LOL
Is that qualitative or quantitative?
UnsafeAlpine is offline  
Old 11-19-09, 01:47 PM   #25
icedmocha 
There's time now
 
icedmocha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On a stack of books, PA
Bikes:
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
What a bunch of maroons.
icedmocha is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 PM.