Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-09, 08:41 AM   #1
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You and I Have to Go to HR Right Now For a Meeting

I dont have anything good to say about what has been going on over the last few weeks.

You and I both know that this is not the first time this has happend in the very recent past

Now after "network issues", so called "attacks" that has brought down this site and "other sites" and now a crap "upgrade" that does not work properly...

What were you thinking?

Did you use the lowest cost bidders without being concerned about what the outcomes would be?

Do you know the level of frustration you have caused me and others?

This is your Performance Improvement Plan. You have 30 days to accomplish these goals or you will be terminated.

Do you have any questions?

Please sign here.


Last edited by RichinPeoria; 12-05-09 at 05:58 AM.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 09:25 AM   #2
mtclifford
Ceci n'est pas un vélo.
 
mtclifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Morgantown, WV
Bikes: Trek 7.2 FX, Canondale Six Carbon 3
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, it is amazing the sense of entitlement some people. I for one would be thanking for all the hard working people who make BF what it is for little or nothing in return.
mtclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 09:35 AM   #3
apricissimus 
L T X B O M P F A N S R
 
apricissimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Malden, MA
Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclifford View Post
Wow, it is amazing the sense of entitlement some people. I for one would be thanking for all the hard working people who make BF what it is for little or nothing in return.
Well, it's not like Internet Brands is a non-profit or anything.
apricissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 10:27 AM   #4
mikeybikes
Senior Member
 
mikeybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edgewater, CO
Bikes: Tons
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclifford View Post
Wow, it is amazing the sense of entitlement some people. I for one would be thanking for all the hard working people who make BF what it is for little or nothing in return.
Its not like there's people who pay for this forum or anything.

Wait, there is some of us that do.

I'm going to be honest, I'm quite disappointed.

In IB's defense, the original network problems were from a DDoS attack. They are very hard to prevent, and if you don't have a large enough IT staff, updating firewall rules and blocking the attackers. I'm not too annoyed with those.

I am extremely annoyed however with this "upgrade". Upgrading a forum this size to beta software is a bad idea, no matter how many times your vBulletin developers tell you its fine. Its not fine, its in Beta for a reason.

Not to mention, there was no input taken on this theme. We all use it. The grey font on top of a blue-greyish background makes it hard to read.
mikeybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 10:59 AM   #5
SourDieseL
been around the block
 
SourDieseL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: twentyonetwo
Bikes: Bianchi C2C Via Nirone - Felt F3SL
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there any reason why this was not implemented in a parallel environment aka beta?

VB is slow on the scroll, hard to read, will take time to get adjusted like all things. Performance wise, think the only issue I've seen is the scrolling
SourDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 04:02 PM   #6
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria View Post
I dont have anything good to say about what has been going on over the last few weeks.

You and I both know that this is not the first time this has happend in the very recent past

Now after "network issues", so called "attacks" that has brought down this site and "other sites" and now a crap "upgrade" that does not work properly...

What were you thinking?

Did you use the lowest cost bidders without being concerned about what the outcomes would be?

Do you know the level of frustration you have caused me and others?

This is your Performance Improvement Plan. You have 30 days to accomplish these goals or you will be terminated.

Do you have any questions?

Please sign here.

Im just seeing things getting worse

Last edited by RichinPeoria; 12-05-09 at 05:59 AM.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 06:51 PM   #7
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I understand it, parallel is not possible, due to code compatibility issues between vB3.8 and vB4.x.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourDieseL View Post
Is there any reason why this was not implemented in a parallel environment aka beta?

VB is slow on the scroll, hard to read, will take time to get adjusted like all things. Performance wise, think the only issue I've seen is the scrolling
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 07:37 PM   #8
Randochap
Recovering mentalist
 
Randochap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: On the Edge
Bikes: Too many
Posts: 2,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While you're at it is there any way to stop BF logging one out while typing. This has been an issue for as long as I've been a member. I just lost an hour's work. Incredibly frustrating. I just can't bring myself to go back and recreate it, so the answers to fellow members questions I had researched and written will now go unanswered.

The amount of time now wasted trying to be a useful member is getting to be more than i can rationalize. Not having a search function also cripples my attempts to pass along info.

I'm trying to be patient, believe me, but unresolved issues are wearing me down.
Randochap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 07:40 PM   #9
DMF 
Elitist Troglodyte
 
DMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas
Bikes: 03 Raleigh Professional (steel)
Posts: 6,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshoup View Post
The grey font on top of a blue-greyish background makes it hard to read.
I wisht I understood what people are talking about here. I see black on a very pale grey. Only the blockquote backgrounds are pale blue-grey. And only links are non-black text.

What browser are you using?
__________________
Stupidity got us into this mess - why can't it get us out?

- Will Rogers
DMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 08:08 PM   #10
Jynx
.....
 
Jynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Bikes: 2006 Cannondale CAAD8
Posts: 4,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the search is mind blowingly bad. it returns no results and has no options.
__________________
Weight Listing Index (Feel Free to add to it!)

Buy your bike parts here
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 05:50 AM   #11
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



Here's a couple cardboard boxes. You might be needing them later.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 05:52 AM   #12
crazyed27
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus OH
Bikes: Schwinn, Mercier Kilo TT, Mercier Galaxy
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria View Post
Im just seeing things getting worse

As you continue to use Internet Explorer?
crazyed27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:00 AM   #13
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am using IE.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:04 AM   #14
crazyed27
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus OH
Bikes: Schwinn, Mercier Kilo TT, Mercier Galaxy
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria View Post
I am using IE.


That's why the experience is a train wreak. Use Opera browser or Firefox...ten times better on this site! Just Saying!
crazyed27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:15 AM   #15
crazyed27
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus OH
Bikes: Schwinn, Mercier Kilo TT, Mercier Galaxy
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cannot post new threads under IE, so consider yourself lucky. Even after yesterdays upgrade..my IE is still in handcuffs on Bike forums. I suggest you use a different browser for this site...it works!
crazyed27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:22 AM   #16
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks Ill gvie Safari a try

I still expect whom ever is responsible for this mess to make it run with the most common browsers IE being one of them

Last edited by RichinPeoria; 12-05-09 at 06:25 AM.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:25 AM   #17
crazyed27
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Columbus OH
Bikes: Schwinn, Mercier Kilo TT, Mercier Galaxy
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria View Post

I still expect whom ever is responsible for this mess to make it run with the most common browsers IE being on of them

I agree! No question.
crazyed27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 06:25 AM   #18
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Safari works and I can post using "Go Advanced" np
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 08:23 AM   #19
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, make sure you accept cookies. Clear your cache and log back in. When you log back in, click this link here to reset your style cookies to current.

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php?styleid=9

I do not know for sure if that will help, but it did me when the forums came back up last night. I am able to use all my browsers now, including IE8. IE 8 page display still isn't perfect, but the flaws are really minor now, like the report post icon and some of my Administrative in post icons are in a little bit of a weird location. The Post New Thread problem has been solved, at least for me.

Oh yeah, last page button in the threads now seems to be working. We have search as an absolute priority, as well. We're working on it is all I can tell you. It doesn't work for me either, remember.

Oh, and richinpeoria, you also need to try the link for your IE. At the least, it can't hurt, and may resolve at least part of your problems.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Randochap View Post
While you're at it is there any way to stop BF logging one out while typing. This has been an issue for as long as I've been a member. I just lost an hour's work. Incredibly frustrating. I just can't bring myself to go back and recreate it, so the answers to fellow members questions I had researched and written will now go unanswered.

The amount of time now wasted trying to be a useful member is getting to be more than i can rationalize. Not having a search function also cripples my attempts to pass along info.

I'm trying to be patient, believe me, but unresolved issues are wearing me down.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 09:02 AM   #20
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels
 
Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Aurora, IL
Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp
Posts: 7,573
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Yep, Rich, you nailed it!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 11:29 AM   #21
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love
Thread Starter
 
RichinPeoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe View Post
OK, make sure you accept cookies. Clear your cache and log back in. When you log back in, click this link here to reset your style cookies to current.

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php?styleid=9

I do not know for sure if that will help, but it did me when the forums came back up last night. I am able to use all my browsers now, including IE8. IE 8 page display still isn't perfect, but the flaws are really minor now, like the report post icon and some of my Administrative in post icons are in a little bit of a weird location. The Post New Thread problem has been solved, at least for me.

Oh yeah, last page button in the threads now seems to be working. We have search as an absolute priority, as well. We're working on it is all I can tell you. It doesn't work for me either, remember.

Oh, and richinpeoria, you also need to try the link for your IE. At the least, it can't hurt, and may resolve at least part of your problems.
The "Go Advanced" is still 50 million times too big

Safari was working up until about 11am EST and now Im getting this from 2 different machines

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php”. The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (CFURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Help > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Last edited by RichinPeoria; 12-06-09 at 11:59 AM.
RichinPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 01:33 PM   #22
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We had a server side failure. It's been resolved at leeast for now and the servers are under constant monitor until further notice.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 01:54 PM   #23
Rollfast
What happened?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Around here somewhere
Bikes:
Posts: 3,682
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyed27 View Post
As you continue to use Internet Explorer?
ATTENTION STAR FLEET!

especially YOU, Mr. Velo Vol Sir.

I just got through upgrading to IE EIGHT and I have some important news for you.

UPDATE YER DARN WINDAZ

UPDATE YER DARN INTAWEBZ OPTIONZ

FAITH-BASED COMPUTING IS NO OPTION

DON'T USE GO ADVANCED FOR A WHILE


NEXT: I Jump through the flaming attachment manager of DETH.

That Is ALL
Rollfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-09, 01:58 PM   #24
Rollfast
What happened?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Around here somewhere
Bikes:
Posts: 3,682
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPeoria View Post
I dont have anything good to say about what has been going on over the last few weeks.

You and I both know that this is not the first time this has happend in the very recent past

Now after "network issues", so called "attacks" that has brought down this site and "other sites" and now a crap "upgrade" that does not work properly...

What were you thinking?

Did you use the lowest cost bidders without being concerned about what the outcomes would be?

Do you know the level of frustration you have caused me and others?

This is your Performance Improvement Plan. You have 30 days to accomplish these goals or you will be terminated.

Do you have any questions?

Please sign here.

I'm thinking the Union Pacific way over our underpass is in a lot better shape!
Rollfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 11:38 PM   #25
bellweatherman
Senior Member
 
bellweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Bikes: Too many to count
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollfast View Post
I'm thinking the Union Pacific way over our underpass is in a lot better shape!


This forum is advertisement based. In one way or another, we all are paying for this site. Even if that is through a medium such as advertisers paying directly bikeforums.

I like this site, but not a big fan of the past few weeks. Definitely, I would have to give the new look site two thumbs down. I also agree with the original poster's message.
bellweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.