Join Date: Jun 2004
Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Screenshot to screenshot comparison of old vs new forum layout
I just did a screenshot to screenshot comparison of the old layout and the new one - we have decreased width AND height availalble. Look at these two screens of the exact same thread on the exact same monitor/resolution.
1)The ads are bigger and every message box size is also smaller.
2)On multipage threads, you can no longer access the last page without actually clicking INTO the thread.
3) Increased dead space on the left side of the page
4) Increased dead space on the right side of the page
5) Scrolling is no longer smooth due to all the widgets/boxes, not quite sure what
6) The date and time of post has been moved from it's spot to occupy a huge amount of space on top of each post. Seriously?
7) Avatars have been reduced in size
I wish i had more screenshots depicting just how ******** this new UI is. What exactly is so much better in this new bull**** vbullentin v4 (of which there is a permanent square icon in the bottom right) that is worth completely decreasing the user friendliness of the UI?
Last edited by operator; 11-19-09 at 10:59 PM.