Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    BikeForums Founder Joe Gardner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Holladay, Utah.
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Superlight w/ Roholoff 500 & Bob IBEX
    Posts
    4,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Forum error messages?

    I have noticed a few error messages today, has anyone else? If you get any, could you please paste the error message into this thread? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Zin
    Zin is offline
    On your what?!? Zin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    2,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang Joe! I got one earlier. It referenced a database error and stated an email had been sent to the techinical staff. This happed when exiting the Deepest Water thread in the Mountain Biking forum by clicking on the Moutain Biking link at the top of the page. I went back and could not recreate the error. Sorry.

  3. #3
    contrarian lala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CO Springs
    My Bikes
    80's ross road bike/commuter, 80's team miyata, 90's haro mtb xtracycle conversion, koga mitaya world traveler
    Posts
    2,848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I've had several. The instructions said to refresh and I did and voila, the page correctlt displayed. I'll save the next one.

    --Lala, QA professional.
    Higher ground for the apocalypse!

  4. #4
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BeeTLs is the same I got, I got it by hitting the back button on my browser a few times after making a post, to get back to the main page.

  5. #5
    Senior Member royalflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich
    My Bikes
    Lemond Alpe d´Huez, Scott Sub 10, homemade mtb, Radlbauer adler (old city bike), Dahon impulse (folder with 20 inch wheels), haibike eq xduro
    Posts
    1,372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N7CZinMT
    Dang Joe! I got one earlier. It referenced a database error and stated an email had been sent to the techinical staff. This happed when exiting the Deepest Water thread in the Mountain Biking forum by clicking on the Moutain Biking link at the top of the page. I went back and could not recreate the error. Sorry.
    I got this one with a different thread and just refreshed and it went away

  6. #6
    Formerly Known as Newbie Juha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have got this about 7-8 times during the last 24 hrs (not that I've been on the Forums for all that time, mind you). Refresh has worked for me too.

    --J
    To err is human. To moo is bovine.

    Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?


    Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
    Community guidelines

  7. #7
    Senior Member royalflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich
    My Bikes
    Lemond Alpe d´Huez, Scott Sub 10, homemade mtb, Radlbauer adler (old city bike), Dahon impulse (folder with 20 inch wheels), haibike eq xduro
    Posts
    1,372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gardner
    I have noticed a few error messages today, has anyone else? If you get any, could you please paste the error message into this thread? Thanks.
    Joe, I just got the following error and have cut and pasted it:


    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

    We apologise for any inconvenience

  8. #8
    Zin
    Zin is offline
    On your what?!? Zin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    2,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeTL

    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Joe, this is the same message I was speaking of. Thanks BeeTL.

    Bob

  9. #9
    BikeForums Founder Joe Gardner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Holladay, Utah.
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Superlight w/ Roholoff 500 & Bob IBEX
    Posts
    4,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, should be fixed now

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Riverview, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 4900
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to go to page 4 of new posts and it said could not find. Same with trying to got to the next couple of pages. Eventually by hitting "back" I was able to go forward to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •