There should be a thread for people to ask questions! There are two "How to post picture" threads and both say "do this" and then the rest of the posts are practice pictures with no one answering questions asked along the way. I have simple questions and complaints that don't seem to be answered (and I did search).
- BF Complaint - The newest "how to post picture" thread has great graphics. And then it shows a picture being selected that is way over the 100KB size limit.
- BF Complaint - Why isn't there an obvious message that there is a 100KB limit? I couldn't find it with search.
- Forum Software Complaint - I know it's the software's fault, but it's really irritating that a red exclamation mark in the download window (and then the window freezing) is the only warning I get. Also, the whole picture insert is pretty poor (complaint about the software, not BF).
- How do I post a picture in-line (i.e., not a thumbnail)? As I remember, I got the same result when I used "Insert Attachment" as "Insert Inline."
- I just tried inserting JPG files into a post. I shrunk them to 580 pixles wide using IRAFANVIEW (just as I have numerous times successfully in the past) to get under the 100K barrier and they wouldn't post. The forum insert picture dialog box showed them at 97KB and 98KB. I tried them together and individually.
- Haven't the economies of servers improved enough that you could abandon the 100K limit anyway?
And, since I'm on a rant anyway:
- Why do you not feature the benefits of premium membership?
- Why, oh why, do you have a 30 second limit on searches? Are you just trying to be irritating? No results for "insert attachment inline"? Well let's just wait a while before you try to find the answer another way!