Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Finding my own posts

    I have tried a few ways to locate my own posts (to see if there are new answers). All methods fail.

    1) I click on my own user name, on a post I've bookmarked, then click on View Forum Posts but the page remains on the current post.

    2) I navigate to my profile, then click on "latest post" or "latest started thread" and still just get one old post (my first post post in fact).

    3) I do an advanced search with my own user-name then gets loads and loads of results which have nothing to do with me.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,133
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google search. Enter the search terms in the box followed by "site:bikeforums.net" (without the quotes).

  3. #3
    Rogue Cyclist RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    6,093
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
    Google search. Enter the search terms in the box followed by "site:bikeforums.net" (without the quotes).
    Well actually, that's very spot on but he should probably put his user name in the ""s so it is locked to that specific parameter as well as the site: command.
    "Seriously is what I want to be, so I put on spandex and show off my gear, my junk, my thing, yes my ding-a-ling."

  4. #4
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,133
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighSport View Post
    Well actually, that's very spot on but he should probably put his user name in the ""s so it is locked to that specific parameter as well as the site: command.
    Well, I'm not going to give away all of the tricks.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
    Google search. Enter the search terms in the box followed by "site:bikeforums.net" (without the quotes).
    Are you saying that all of the mechanisms built into the site here do not work?

  6. #6
    Senior Member RPK79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE MN
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    4,133
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbalest View Post
    Are you saying that all of the mechanisms built into the site here do not work?
    Exactly. The search functions built into the software they use is garbage. It's very common for forums to have garbage search functions. Google is your friend.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am having this problem. And that google search that was suggested also didn't pull up all of my posts. Anyone have any thoughts how we can fix this without having to use a google search?
    This is pretty disappointing.
    Last edited by crad159; 06-28-14 at 10:51 AM.

  8. #8
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,835
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crad159 View Post
    I too am having this problem. And that google search that was suggested also didn't pull up all of my posts. Anyone have any thoughts how we can fix this without having to use a google search?
    This is pretty disappointing.
    IB is working on getting it fixed. It's just taking longer than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •