Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Dedacciai

  1. #1
    Senior Member Garfield Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Posts
    5,143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dedacciai

    I asked an Italian translator and he said that Dedacciai is really not a word in the Italian language but rather a made up name. So he said its pronounced like Dada-Chi. The chi is pronouned like the chi in the word Chinese. He's not a cyclist so that's his educated guess.

    Another made up name is Cervelo. Its suppose to be a combination of the Italian word for brain and the French for bike. But most people pronounce it as if it were Spanish. If it were pronounced in Italian the Cer would sound like Cher.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
    I asked an Italian translator and he said that Dedacciai is really not a word in the Italian language but rather a made up name. So he said its pronounced like Dada-Chi. The chi is pronouned like the chi in the word Chinese. He's not a cyclist so that's his educated guess.
    the company's original name was dedaelus.
    acciai means steel in italian.
    the name was rearranged,you could say...

  3. #3
    Industry Maven Thylacine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wherever good bikes are sold
    My Bikes
    Thylacines...only Thylacines.
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE
    the company's original name was dedaelus.
    acciai means steel in italian.
    the name was rearranged,you could say...
    So it's the Italian equivalent of when Ben and Sharlene open up a panel shop and call it Sharben Motors?

    Classy.
    Have you earned your stripes? <<click here / Questions about custom frames? Chat me! - warwickg71 (AIM/iChat) ThylacineCycles (Skype)

  4. #4
    acciaio is real Wurm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth (for now)
    My Bikes
    Yes, bicycle(s) I own!
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first glance, it is kind of hard to figure how to pronounce it. Why couldn't they have named it something easier like...oh...Columbus, or Reynolds, or True Temper?


  5. #5
    THE Materials Oracle Falanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Finally... home :-)
    My Bikes
    Univega Alpina 5.1 that became a 5.9, that became a road bike... DMR TrailStar custom build
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine
    So it's the Italian equivalent of when Ben and Sharlene open up a panel shop and call it Sharben Motors?

    Classy.

    I always thought 'Charlene' was spelt so...
    "While my father fought for you, I learnt. While my father glorified your petty administration, I learnt. While he longed every day for our line, Adunís line, to be restored, I learnt. He sent me away to bring the Dark Templar back when the time was right!
    "And you tell me that I cannot do this? That I cannot feel the weight of the universe?
    "Damn you, Tellan! Aldaris killed my father!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •