Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: SadiLah

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    SadiLah

    Do any of you know anything about this frame manufacturer? I know he builds steel frames and is in
    San Diego.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Builds part-time, been around for a few years, does VERY nice work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHall View Post
    Builds part-time, been around for a few years, does VERY nice work.
    Interesting that you say that. I have a Sadilah frame that an ex BF bought and built up for me. I sold it on EBAy as it never fit me quite right. The girl that bought it wanted a refund, as the rear triangle is way off, i.e. the right seat stay is long than the left, making the wheel sit WAY off to the right in the frame. Totally defective. I have written the manufacturer (Chuck Schlesinger) and he has not responded. I would think he would want to stand behind his product, as these frames sell for $1200-1500. I am not at all pleased with his lack of customer service.....and will let others know this.

  4. #4
    Framebuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the purpose of your post was to create a segue to post this complaint?
    FWIW, everything I've seen from Sadilah has been top notch. Good luck and I hope this issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daisylubob,

    I have never heard anything from you regarding your displeasure. Could you give me some more info as to when your ex-boyfriend bought you the bike and what color it is. Also, was it a complete bike or did he buy a frame and build it up himself. I would like more info so I may be able to respond to your post appropriately.

    C. Schlesinger
    Sadilah Handmade Framesets

  6. #6
    Senior Member bellweatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Austin
    My Bikes
    Too many to count
    Posts
    2,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Wire View Post
    So the purpose of your post was to create a segue to post this complaint?
    FWIW, everything I've seen from Sadilah has been top notch. Good luck and I hope this issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

    I don't see the problem. The original poster asked for opinions and the guy that followed-up gave his opinion. Sadilah came onto the thread and appears to be trying to resolve the issue. Sounds alright so far.
    Livestrong. The personal fundmaker of Lance Armstrong. The company who are in business to not donate to cancer research, but only to inform people that cancer is bad.

    Armstrong. The man without integrity, no care for the sport, and no problem with testing positive for EPO and making donations to cover it up.

    01101010101010001010

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    problem w/ SAdilah frame

    I sent you this email on May 21 to info@ sadilah.com like it says on your website. I never got a reply.

    JANET GRIMM to info
    show details May 21

    Dear Mr Schlesinger-

    I have one of your frames that my boyfriend purchased. He had it built up and gave it to me as a gift. It did not quite
    fit me correctly, as I was never very comfortable riding it. I sold it on EBay 2 months ago to a girl in Colorado. After the sale was complete, approximately 3 weeks later, she wrote me saying that the frame was not quite 'right'. She had taken it in to her local bike shop, and they found that the rear triangle was not correctly built. The right seat stay was too long, making the rear wheel line up improperly with the frame. I consequently gave her back purchase price, and she sent me the bike, as I had unknowingly sold her a defective frame.

    My question is this: do you stand behind your product that you hand build? Would you be willing to fix this frame and make it right?

    Thank you.

    Janet Grimm

  8. #8
    JBD
    JBD is offline
    French Warmonger JBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Greetings from Michigan The Great Lake State
    My Bikes
    Lyon Follis, raleigh sportif, giant unknown, centurian lemans r.i.p.
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
    I don't see the problem. The original poster asked for opinions and the guy that followed-up gave his opinion. Sadilah came onto the thread and appears to be trying to resolve the issue. Sounds alright so far.
    I think that the issue was that the OP came in and asked a question, got a response, then responded to the praise by saying something to the degree of 'hmm, I think the frames suck and the builder doesn't stand behind them.' (Which doesn't seem to be the case as Sadilah has come in to speak on his behalf)

    I can't speak to the quality of his work, but I would understand that a builder would want goodwill from his customers.

    The problem as I see it is that as far as I can see, a person decided to join and make a post with the intent of defaming the builder.



    Perhaps that is a bit harsh (towards the op) of an interpretation of events, but that's what I'm seeing, if you'll excuse my tactlessness.
    I didn't forget to not add a sig. Here it is:http://www.milkyfan.com/images/adopt/coffeeandmilky.gif

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assure all who have contributed to this this thread that I will handle this personally with Daisylubob. You can speak with any of my past clients and they will assure you that my customer care is second to none. I have never had a dissatisfied customer and do not plan to. There is no place for slanderous remarks. Most people do not realize that once you hit that send button, the words are there forever!

    The email that was sent to me was never received- not sure what occurred. I would never not respond to a past, present or future client. I will continue to handle this personally with Ms. Grimm.

    Thank you,
    C. Schlesinger

  10. #10
    Senior Member bellweatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Austin
    My Bikes
    Too many to count
    Posts
    2,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    I think that the issue was that the OP came in and asked a question, got a response, then responded to the praise by saying something to the degree of 'hmm, I think the frames suck and the builder doesn't stand behind them.' (Which doesn't seem to be the case as Sadilah has come in to speak on his behalf)

    I can't speak to the quality of his work, but I would understand that a builder would want goodwill from his customers.

    The problem as I see it is that as far as I can see, a person decided to join and make a post with the intent of defaming the builder.



    Perhaps that is a bit harsh (towards the op) of an interpretation of events, but that's what I'm seeing, if you'll excuse my tactlessness.


    The part where you quoted the poster who had a complaint issue was really harsh. In fact, the customer never said, "'hmm, I think the frames suck and the builder doesn't stand behind them.'" That is your interpretation, which I see quite differently. It's business. People have angry customers sometimes. Let's not be quick to defend or judge other individuals. I don't see it this way. Not for this issue.

    So, I see it like this. The guy has a complaint. I'm not judging. He could be right. He could be wrong. The builder, Chuck from SadiLah, came on here and it appears that he is attempting to resolve the issue. This is a good thing. If he can come to a resolution and the customer is happy, then I would view the builder in an even more positive light. It would show that this builder is willing to make things right with his customer base. Look, nobody is perfect, and even framebuilders make an occasional boo-boo. If he can make things right with the customer, it would mean that he backs up his work. Knowing this, if I were a customer, I would have MORE trust in that person than a popular hyped builder who you don't know if he will guarantee his work.
    Livestrong. The personal fundmaker of Lance Armstrong. The company who are in business to not donate to cancer research, but only to inform people that cancer is bad.

    Armstrong. The man without integrity, no care for the sport, and no problem with testing positive for EPO and making donations to cover it up.

    01101010101010001010

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "nteresting that you say that. I have a Sadilah frame that an ex BF bought and built up for me. I sold it on EBAy as it never fit me quite right. The girl that bought it wanted a refund, as the rear triangle is way off, i.e. the right seat stay is long than the left, making the wheel sit WAY off to the right in the frame. Totally defective. I have written the manufacturer (Chuck Schlesinger) and he has not responded. I would think he would want to stand behind his product, as these frames sell for $1200-1500. I am not at all pleased with his lack of customer service.....and will let others know this."

    I don't know these frames but it doesn't sound like a manufacturing eror. Custom builders try to keep their alignment in the thous, let alone some gross eror like this. Unless they so claim, custom work is under garantee to the original purchaser only, not the person it wasn't built for, who never noticed the problem/or passed it on over ebay. If this problem exists why should someone like that get the equivalent of a free frame from the maker when they weren't the customer. The customer would have a real beef though.

    In reality there are basically two ways of doing business: make it right in the first place, or source a bunch of crap you have no personal knowledge of and lard on lifetime guarantees. The former should not try to compete with the latter on guarantees, though they may feel forced to do so. There isn't any warehouse supplied by slave labourers to reach back into and pull out another frame. It is unfortunate that often customers who are used to the latter way of doing business, often treat the former kind of product as though they were built in a lifetime guarantee sort of way, that isn't always proper. Custom 1911 pistols may be more reliable than out of the box 1911 pistols. A custom bow on the other hand may have the fat trimed away and be less resiliant to abuse. You have to be a grownup and understand what you are buying and what your responsabilities are in buying it. Unfortunately there isn't anyone in the background of a custom product to dab your tears and make everything right because they work for 8 bucks a day. On the other hand a real artisan should work in such a way that no mistake of this magnitude would ever make it out of the house.

    I don't like being used as the frowning public opinion. There is no way for anyone here to make sense of this issue at 94th hand. The original customer should contact the frame maker, anyone else should suck it up and shut up.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This problem has been resolved w/ the framebuilder. He contacted me directly. My issue was that I emailed (as directed by his website) him twice regarding the frame and never received a response. There was no other contact number or address. I called information for SAn Diego and there was no lisitng. There was no other way to contact him. I did not feel too great selling a flawed frame, that I was not even aware of. I am satisfied with the fact that he got ahold of me and wants to make it right, no matter that I am not the 'original' owner. He obviously wants his product to have high standards and by doing this, he has proven to me that he stands behind what he builds.
    Let it go......

  13. #13
    JBD
    JBD is offline
    French Warmonger JBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Greetings from Michigan The Great Lake State
    My Bikes
    Lyon Follis, raleigh sportif, giant unknown, centurian lemans r.i.p.
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
    The part where you quoted the poster who had a complaint issue was really harsh. In fact, the customer never said, "'hmm, I think the frames suck and the builder doesn't stand behind them.'" That is your interpretation, which I see quite differently. It's business. People have angry customers sometimes. Let's not be quick to defend or judge other individuals. I don't see it this way. Not for this issue.

    So, I see it like this. The guy has a complaint. I'm not judging. He could be right. He could be wrong. The builder, Chuck from SadiLah, came on here and it appears that he is attempting to resolve the issue. This is a good thing. If he can come to a resolution and the customer is happy, then I would view the builder in an even more positive light. It would show that this builder is willing to make things right with his customer base. Look, nobody is perfect, and even framebuilders make an occasional boo-boo. If he can make things right with the customer, it would mean that he backs up his work. Knowing this, if I were a customer, I would have MORE trust in that person than a popular hyped builder who you don't know if he will guarantee his work.
    perhaps the 'gist' that I extracted was a lot harsher than the actual intent, and for that I will apologize. I suppose I was a bit riled by the OP asking a question that already she already had an answer to (as I saw it), but I suppose that it could have been an innocent attempt to gain more opinions about a product.

    moods and perspectives change over the course of the day, maybe I should save my social critiques for when I am myself less tired and deplorable...





    Edit: I'm glad the OP got her issue resolved, pity some ugly faces had to be shown in the process (my misunderstanding )
    Last edited by JBD; 06-05-08 at 02:28 PM. Reason: a resolution was found
    I didn't forget to not add a sig. Here it is:http://www.milkyfan.com/images/adopt/coffeeandmilky.gif

  14. #14
    Senior Member bellweatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Austin
    My Bikes
    Too many to count
    Posts
    2,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    perhaps the 'gist' that I extracted was a lot harsher than the actual intent, and for that I will apologize. I suppose I was a bit riled by the OP asking a question that already she already had an answer to (as I saw it), but I suppose that it could have been an innocent attempt to gain more opinions about a product.

    moods and perspectives change over the course of the day, maybe I should save my social critiques for when I am myself less tired and deplorable...



    Edit: I'm glad the OP got her issue resolved, pity some ugly faces had to be shown in the process (my misunderstanding )


    Well, it looks like the framebuilder at Sadilah has made a good faith effort to resolve this issue as reported by the consumer. It looks like its going to work out. Hoefully, the rider is going to be happy and hopefully the framebuilder will have made other customers from his efforts. I, personally, think it is impressive to have a framebuilder show the tact and professionalism to come back publicly and want to make ammends with his customer base.

    In this case, I see this as a win-win for both parties. Who knows what happened in the past with the unanswered emails and no address? The point is, the framebuilder is here making ammends now and has demonstrated that he really does care about his frames that are out there. Some builders just stand behind their liability insurance. This builder shows that good customer service and care go a long way. I would have zero reservations buying from Sadilah if I were in the market because he has shown the capacity to do the right thing.
    Livestrong. The personal fundmaker of Lance Armstrong. The company who are in business to not donate to cancer research, but only to inform people that cancer is bad.

    Armstrong. The man without integrity, no care for the sport, and no problem with testing positive for EPO and making donations to cover it up.

    01101010101010001010

  15. #15
    JBD
    JBD is offline
    French Warmonger JBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Greetings from Michigan The Great Lake State
    My Bikes
    Lyon Follis, raleigh sportif, giant unknown, centurian lemans r.i.p.
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't forget to not add a sig. Here it is:http://www.milkyfan.com/images/adopt/coffeeandmilky.gif

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame builder has fixed this frame at no cost to me. This was one of his first frames that he built and he rode the bike for a couple of years. Apparently, another owner attempted to make the frame into a track bike, and screwed up the rear triangle in the process. Mr Schelsinger graciously fixed it and I am very happy with the results, and with his willingness to make the situation right, even though it was not his fault. This is customer service at its best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •